Windows 10: Windows 10 (Insider) Build 190215-1528 Cannot Control Display Settings Via Software

Discus and support Windows 10 (Insider) Build 190215-1528 Cannot Control Display Settings Via Software in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an issue where neither Windows or third party software can control brightness, contrast, or gamma correction in this version. Note, I did not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DwayneHall, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Windows 10 (Insider) Build 190215-1528 Cannot Control Display Settings Via Software

I have an issue where neither Windows or third party software can control brightness, contrast, or gamma correction in this version. Note, I did not say I don't know how, it just has no effect.

Issue: Changing any of these setting in Windows via settings or control panel display calibration app has no effect. The sliders move, nothing happens. Reboot and nothing is changed. Those programs are there, they just don't have any effect.

The Nvidia control panel has the same issue. Telling the drivers to use the Nvidia driver settings and not allow applications to do so has no effect. Again the controls are there, they just do nothing. Note that the Vibrance and Hue controls in the driver do work, but not brightness, contrast, or gamma.

At least one third party app can't control gamma where it could before this release. A game with a gamma slider again doesn't work, and yes the Nvidia driver was changed to allow third party control.

Steps taken:

Update/backdate video drivers. System has an Nvidia Geforce 730 graphics adapter. Installed five different drivers from latest to the oldest that can still be downloaded. It has no effect. Any driver installed that is older than 1/11/19 is replaced by a driver of that date by Windows Update the next time it is run anyway, so that's where I'm at now mainly because the latest 419.xx driver has an unrelated, but serious performance issue (it uses 25% CPU at idle even after a reboot with no programs running) that Nvidia hasn't fixed, but is aware of.

Removed hidden displays from device manager. Changed one of two monitors from the Dell display driver to Generic Plug and Play. Note that both monitors are affected, switching between them has no effect.

Potential Fixes:

The obvious is to roll back the Insider version, which I will do if no one has any additional ideas.

:)

DwayneHall, Mar 4, 2019
  2. MrGenius Win User

Windows 10 RTM/Build 10240 now available for Insiders

Insiders in the fast and slow rings are now being distributed the latest Windows 10 RTM (build 10240).

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...-for-windows-insiders-in-fast-and-slow-rings/

But for those wanting to expedite the upgrade, and/or download the latest build in iso form, it can be downloaded for free from the following link.

http://getintopc.com/softwares/oper...-pro-build-10240-iso-32-64-bit-free-download/

Don't forget to check out the activation steps found here:

Spoiler slmgr /ipk W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX
    slmgr /skms kms.xspace.in
    slmgr /ato

Windows 10 Enterprise - NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43B8YKP-D69TJ
    Windows 10 Home - TX9XD-98N7V-6WMQ6-BX7FG-H8Q99
    Windows 10 Professional - W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX

use the key you need for the build and run those lines in cmd to activate

activation
    I suggest running those commands as administrator. Just in case.

Enjoy!

MrGenius, Mar 4, 2019
  3. Get a Windows 10 licence for free if you register on Windows Insider

from Gabe Aul today : http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...changes-to-windows-10-insider-preview-builds/

well from the sounds of it, anyone who UPGRADED to windows 10 Preview wont have to do anything as it already has your Serial win 7/8.1 key logged.

The crux of it is this:

• Do you want to continue as a Windows Insider and keep getting preview builds after 7/29?
    • Or do you want to upgrade your Genuine Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 system that has been getting Windows 10 Insider Preview builds to the 7/29 release and stop being an Insider?
    “I want to continue as a Windows Insider!” If you want to continue as a Windows Insider past 7/29 there is nothing you need to do. You’re already opted in and receiving builds in the Fast or Slow ring depending upon your selection. This is prerelease software and is activated with a prerelease key. Each individual build will expire after a time, but you’ll continue to receive new builds so by the time an older prerelease build expires you’ll have received a new one. Since we’re continuing the Windows Insider Program you’ll be able to continue receiving builds and those builds will continue to be activated under the terms of the Windows Insider Program. We provide ISOs for these builds for recovery from any significant problems, but they are still pre-release software. As part of the program we’ll upgrade Insiders to what is for all intents and purposes the same build as what other customers will get on 7/29, but that will be just another build for Insiders, and those who stay in the program will simply get the next build after as well.

“I want to opt out of the Windows Insider Program on 7/29.” If you decide to opt-out of the program and upgrade to the 7/29 build you will be subject to exactly the same terms and conditions that govern the offer* that was extended to all Genuine Windows 7 and 8.1 customers. This is not a path to attain a license for Windows XP or Windows Vista systems. If your system upgraded from a Genuine Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 license it will remain activated, but if not, you will be required to roll back to your previous OS version or acquire a new Windows 10 license. If you do not roll back or acquire a new license the build will eventually expire.

It is our hope that the vast majority of Windows Insiders who have been with us since we announced the program last year will continue forward, and it was in that light that we authored the blog post about upcoming changes to the program. I regret that this caused confusion about who was or was not eligible for the Windows 10 upgrade offer, but hope that this helps to clarify.

Thanks,
    g

AlienIsGOD, Mar 4, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 (Insider) Build 190215-1528 Cannot Control Display Settings Via Software

Get a Windows 10 licence for free if you register on Windows Insider

Wow, sounds like those who are bandwidth limited could be screwed, or find a internet cafe or library to get the needed ISO.

AsRock, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 (Insider) Build 190215-1528 Cannot Control Display Settings Via Software

1. Windows 10 (Insider) Build 190215-1528 Cannot Control Display Settings Via Software - Similar Threads - Insider Build 190215

2. Windows Insider Builds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Insider Builds: Hello, I need help with the Microsoft insider builds, I recently have Given an older computer to a friend of mine, after doing a windows reset, I noticed that insider builds will still being installed even though there was not Microsoft account on the system, how can I remove...
  3. Windows 10 insider build

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 insider build: im getting an alert saying that my build of windows 10 will expire on the 31 of this month. im worried i might lose my digital license of windows 10 which came pre-installed with the computer i bought. i would like to get out of it at most. could anyone give me hope and talk...
  4. Windows Insider 10 Preview Build

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Insider 10 Preview Build: Is anyone else had problems installing Norton Symantec Anti-Virus software while using the preview build. Thank you! M. Skaggs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-insider-10-preview-build/f1346ee3-de1f-4d61-9b01-4c6d9d2e1ce5"
  5. Windows 10 Pro Evaluation Copy Build 18342.19h1_release.190215-1528

Windows 10 Pro Evaluation Copy Build 18342.19h1_release.190215-1528: I have been using for ever and a day it seems, windows 10Pro all fully licensed. I just upgraded via download from MS and now all of a sudden my system thinks I have an evaluation copy. ****, over. Charles B. Parker 702-376-4702 *** Email address is removed for privacy...
  6. Windws 10 February Update [ Evaluation Copy Build 18342.19h1_release.190215-1528 ] error...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windws 10 February Update [ Evaluation Copy Build 18342.19h1_release.190215-1528 ] error...: Each and every time I turn on my computer and windows has just finished booting, just before the log in screen appears my computer goes into a blank screen . during this time all my input devices [ a PS2 Keyboard & a USB Mouse ] doesn't get powers . I can't see any lights on...
  7. Windows 10 insider build expiring.

Windows 10 insider build expiring.: Couple of days ago, I received a message saying my build will expire on 14th of December, 2018. Now I'm an insider who was on the slow ring up untill yesterday when I switched to the fast ring hoping that I will get an update and the problem would fix itself. Now, my question...
  8. Windows 10 insider build update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 insider build update: Windows Insider Build goes to 85% then Undoes the changes. can't stop it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-insider-build-update/8dd48d98-9b4a-4bae-9cf4-a7e37caef4f9
  9. Cannot open Display Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot open Display Settings in Windows 10: The problem here is simple or at least I THINK it is. There's no customization tab to change the ico look of the folders I want to change. I tried using Local Group Policy Editor, (Disable the Display Control Panel) didn't do anything I tried to also fix the issue by...
  10. Enable or Disable Insider Build Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Insider Build Settings in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Insider Build Settings in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Insider Build Settings in Windows 10 You can get Insider Preview builds to make sure you get all the new features that are on the way and help Microsoft make it even better. This...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 190215