Windows 10: Windows 10 Insider build 20152 now available as ARM64 VHDX for Hyper-V

Discus and support Windows 10 Insider build 20152 now available as ARM64 VHDX for Hyper-V in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; With Windows 10 on ARM Insider Preview builds, you can create 64-bit ARM (ARM64) VMs in Hyper-V on Windows 10 ARM-based PCs. Creating ARM64 VMs is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Windows 10 Insider build 20152 now available as ARM64 VHDX for Hyper-V

With Windows 10 on ARM Insider Preview builds, you can create 64-bit ARM (ARM64) VMs in Hyper-V on Windows 10 ARM-based PCs. Creating ARM64 VMs is not supported on x64 hardware.

Pre-requisites for creating ARM64 VMs:

• A Windows 10 ARM-based PC with a Microsoft SQ1, Qualcomm Snapdragon 8cx, or Qualcomm Snapdragon 850 processor
    • Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise, build 19559 or newer
    • Hyper-V enabled (instructions)

Source and download: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...erpreviewARM64

:)

Brink, Jun 24, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Windows 10 Insider build 19624 now available as ARM64 VHDX for Hyper-V

Source:

Brink, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Reusing vhdx (native boot) in Hyper-V

Hey all,

I created a .vhdx in disk management, initialised, new volume and formatted.

Deployed Win 10 Insider 17754 to it using dism /apply-image etc. Updated the bcd store on main OS, booted to .vhdx natively no issues.

Now since MSoft doesn't allow the upgrade to newer builds for vhd's I wanted to attach the .vhdx to a virtual machine in Hyper-V (on my main install obviously) and then perform the upgrade process.

Tried creating a gen 2 machine, attached the .vhdx, didn't boot. Tried attaching an .iso of the Win10 install also, still didn't boot.

Created a gen 1 machine, with both .vhdx and .iso attached, it booted from the .iso but said no disk drive was detected/installed.

I tried using the repair computer option, setup couldn't repair it, so loaded up command prompt used diskpart, it picked up the drive, marked the current partition active, and tried to manually enter the following commands:

bootrec /fixmbr (successful)
    bootrec /fixboot (fail) said something like access denied
    bootrec /rebuildbcd (success)

Restarted the VM in Hyper-V still not booting from the attached .vhdx nor did the install from .iso detect the drive either.

Any suggestions as to how I can boot from the vhdx and upgrade the windows installation to build 17760 and then reuse the same .vhdx to boot natively?

Regards

Seymour Bhutz, Jun 24, 2020
  4. MrGenius Win User

Windows 10 RTM/Build 10240 now available for Insiders

Insiders in the fast and slow rings are now being distributed the latest Windows 10 RTM (build 10240).

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...-for-windows-insiders-in-fast-and-slow-rings/

But for those wanting to expedite the upgrade, and/or download the latest build in iso form, it can be downloaded for free from the following link.

http://getintopc.com/softwares/oper...-pro-build-10240-iso-32-64-bit-free-download/

Don't forget to check out the activation steps found here:

Spoiler slmgr /ipk W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX
    slmgr /skms kms.xspace.in
    slmgr /ato

Windows 10 Enterprise - NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43B8YKP-D69TJ
    Windows 10 Home - TX9XD-98N7V-6WMQ6-BX7FG-H8Q99
    Windows 10 Professional - W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX

use the key you need for the build and run those lines in cmd to activate

activation
    I suggest running those commands as administrator. Just in case.

Enjoy!

MrGenius, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Insider build 20152 now available as ARM64 VHDX for Hyper-V - Similar Threads - Insider build 20152

2. Fail to use Hyper-v on arm64

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fail to use Hyper-v on arm64: Hi, I have tried to load Ubuntu/CentOS x86 ISO, by Win x86_64 hyper-v, both of them work well on Win x86_64.But when I tried to load Ubuntu/CentOS arm64 ISO, by Win arm64 hyper-v, no one could be load correctly.My arm64 system:When I created new hyper-v virtual machine,...
  3. Fail to use Hyper-v on arm64

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fail to use Hyper-v on arm64: Hi, I have tried to load Ubuntu/CentOS x86 ISO, by Win x86_64 hyper-v, both of them work well on Win x86_64.But when I tried to load Ubuntu/CentOS arm64 ISO, by Win arm64 hyper-v, no one could be load correctly.My arm64 system:When I created new hyper-v virtual machine,...
  4. Hyper-V on win11/arm64

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V on win11/arm64: I have a Thinkpad x13s, ARM64 inside, 32 GiB, running win11. Hyper-V installed, WSL runs fine. However, I have not been able to install ANY operating system in Hyper-V.E.g., I downloaded the latest Ubuntu-22.04/server/ARM64, created a VM, and attached the ISO as a DVD. VM...
  5. Hyper-V on win11/arm64

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V on win11/arm64: I have a Thinkpad x13s, ARM64 inside, 32 GiB, running win11. Hyper-V installed, WSL runs fine. However, I have not been able to install ANY operating system in Hyper-V.E.g., I downloaded the latest Ubuntu-22.04/server/ARM64, created a VM, and attached the ISO as a DVD. VM...
  6. Reusing vhdx (native boot) in Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Reusing vhdx (native boot) in Hyper-V: Hey all, I created a .vhdx in disk management, initialised, new volume and formatted. Deployed Win 10 Insider 17754 to it using dism /apply-image etc. Updated the bcd store on main OS, booted to .vhdx natively no issues. Now since MSoft doesn't allow the upgrade to newer...
  7. Windows 10 Insider build 19624 now available as ARM64 VHDX for Hyper-V

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Insider build 19624 now available as ARM64 VHDX for Hyper-V: ARM64 VHDX available for download Back in February with Build 19559, we added the ability to install Hyper-V on ARM64 devices such as the Surface Pro X running the Enterprise or Pro editions of Windows 10. Today, we are offering the ARM64 VHDX for Windows 10 Insider Preview...
  8. Hyper-V not available.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hyper-V not available.: In my list of Windows Features Hyper-V is not showing up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-not-available/8aaaa3f9-7e4d-4960-ba9e-e6889b219f19
  9. Hyper-V Manager not available

Hyper-V Manager not available: Hi there, 1. I installed the Hyper-V features (tickmarked all 4 options) and rebooted my system. (My system did some installation, updates etc) 2. After the reboot i can confirm that the hyper-v folders in "C:\Program Files\Hyper-V" appeared. 3. Unfortunately i can not...
  10. Can't native boot Hyper-V generation 2 vhdx

Can't native boot Hyper-V generation 2 vhdx: If I create a generation 1 VM I can native boot the vhdx by adding bcd entry. If I make a generation 2 VM it fails with "a required device isn't connected...0xc0000225". Pressing f8 for "Startup Settings" gives "The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a...