Windows 10: Windows 10 Insider Preview won't update -- VirtualBox?

Discus and support Windows 10 Insider Preview won't update -- VirtualBox? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This started about 3 updates of Windows 10 Insider Preview. I try to update and it downloads and tried to install. Always gets to 35% and it complains... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by not a newbie, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Insider Preview won't update -- VirtualBox?

This started about 3 updates of Windows 10 Insider Preview. I try to update and it downloads and tried to install. Always gets to 35% and it complains about Virtual Box. It suggests to manually uninstall. I don't even remember of having VirtualBox on this machine, but OK. I did an uninstall and even used one of the uninstall programs to try to remove traces. FINALLY, I even manually went through with RegEdit and removed every single mention of VirtualBox. STILL no joy. Won't let me install the latest Insider Previews. Anybody else experience? Anybody have a solution? Currently "stuck" on Build 20201.rs_prelease.200822-1922. Since then, with every newest Build, exact same problem. HELP!

:)

not a newbie, Oct 17, 2020
  2. Laurijan Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

Hi!

I signed up in the windows insider program and got windows 10 free - the windows 10 insider preview updated to windows 10 pro.
    Today i got another SSD and did a raid 0 on my system forcing me to do a clean install of windows but now it wont activate anymore.
    Signing in with my microsoft account that was linked to the insider program didnt help.
    Maybe i got this problem since i quit the insider program for several days and signed up again after i found out that my win 10 wont activate anymore.
    Any ideas how to fix it?

Lauri

Laurijan, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Insider Preview Install Failed

Hello Simpson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

• Are you referring to Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267?
    • Which Intel drivers are you referring to?
    • Are you referring to Intel drivers deployed through Windows Updates?
    • Did you get any error message when they fail?

From your description, I suspect that the problem might be due to unsuccessful installation of preview build caused this issue. Suggest you to check installing the build again to see if the same thing happens again. If you don't see the
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267
    update, then please check it after sometime. Refer this link
    to learn more about Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267.

Give us above details to assist you better.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Insider Preview won't update -- VirtualBox?

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I couldn't get it to work at all.. I was also told from a friend that it wasn't possible, you may be out of luck.

LightningJR, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Insider Preview won't update -- VirtualBox?

1. Windows 10 Insider Preview won't update -- VirtualBox? - Similar Threads - Insider Preview won't

2. Windows won't update beacuse of virtualbox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows won't update beacuse of virtualbox: I'm trying to update Windows but it's telling me I have to remove virtualbox. I don't have virtualbox installed but I had a couple apps that uses virtulization, those apps are bluestacks and nox. I uninstalled both apps but it still thinks virtualbox is installed. I even...
  3. Windows 10 Update 20H2 Won't update because of VirtualBox

Windows 10 Update 20H2 Won't update because of VirtualBox: So i've been trying to update my laptop for a few months now, and every time I try to update once the system is checking that everything is "ready" to continue with the installation, the installation stops, giving me this message "What needs your attention... VirtualBox...
  4. Windows 10 insider preview not able to update

Windows 10 insider preview not able to update: Hi, My current insider preview version is Windows 10 Insider Preview 19536.1000 rs_prerelease I AM not able to update it after this version..Kindly help me to update to the latest level Thanks...
  5. Windows 10 Insider Preview

Windows 10 Insider Preview: Received error code 0x80070005 after 2 attempts to update WIN 10 PRO to build 19037.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-insider-preview/8a18962b-b34c-4f78-a144-2ec01861a96b
  6. Windows 10 Insider Preview Update fail

Windows 10 Insider Preview Update fail: Build 18356.16 19hl_release failed 1903 10x. I had my comp set to auto update until I realized it was the same update fail. Last failed install attempt on ‎30/‎03/‎2019 - 0x80242016. How can I get the update fixed ?...
  7. Windows 10 insider preview build 18334.1 won't update

Windows 10 insider preview build 18334.1 won't update: After checking update, giving message update available. When I click on download then it continuously on 0% after a couple of hours yet to download 1%. What is the solution?...
  8. Windows 10 won't update insider preview 18334.1

Windows 10 won't update insider preview 18334.1: After checking update, giving message update available. When I click on download then it continuously on 0% after a couple of hours yet to download 1%. What is the solution?...
  9. Windows 10 Insider Preview Update

Windows 10 Insider Preview Update: Windows 10 Insider Preview 18277.1000 (rs_prerelease) - Error 0x80244018 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-insider-preview-update/4adec709-0526-4342-8a09-ebed02c4bd14
  10. Insider preview program won't start

Insider preview program won't start: I have 2 PCs with Windows 10 version 1803. A few weeks ago I installed in one of the 2 the 1809. On the other PC, with the same account or even with others, I can not enter the Insider preview section. I click on Start, I choose the account to connect, but then I pops up the...