Windows 10: Windows 10 Insider program - no longer getting preview builds

Discus and support Windows 10 Insider program - no longer getting preview builds in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a laptop running Windows 10. I purchased a full version and upgraded from Windows 7. I signed up to get insider preview builds. The last one I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rob Chew, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Rob Chew Win User

Windows 10 Insider program - no longer getting preview builds

I have a laptop running Windows 10. I purchased a full version and upgraded from Windows 7. I signed up to get insider preview builds. The last one I got was in August and is: Evaluation Copy, Build 18219.rs_prerelease. 180810-1721. For some reason my choice of "skip ahead" has been changed to "Active Development of Windows" and it says the skip ahead program is now closed. There is also this statement: "This content is currently on an older release of Windows. If you select this, we will continue to send you content from your current release and move you over as soon as possible".

What does this mean exactly and when will i start getting updates again?. I was getting one every Friday and now it's been almost a month.

:)

Rob Chew, Sep 5, 2018

2. Get a Windows 10 licence for free if you register on Windows Insider

from Gabe Aul today : http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...changes-to-windows-10-insider-preview-builds/

well from the sounds of it, anyone who UPGRADED to windows 10 Preview wont have to do anything as it already has your Serial win 7/8.1 key logged.

The crux of it is this:

• Do you want to continue as a Windows Insider and keep getting preview builds after 7/29?
    • Or do you want to upgrade your Genuine Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 system that has been getting Windows 10 Insider Preview builds to the 7/29 release and stop being an Insider?
    “I want to continue as a Windows Insider!” If you want to continue as a Windows Insider past 7/29 there is nothing you need to do. You’re already opted in and receiving builds in the Fast or Slow ring depending upon your selection. This is prerelease software and is activated with a prerelease key. Each individual build will expire after a time, but you’ll continue to receive new builds so by the time an older prerelease build expires you’ll have received a new one. Since we’re continuing the Windows Insider Program you’ll be able to continue receiving builds and those builds will continue to be activated under the terms of the Windows Insider Program. We provide ISOs for these builds for recovery from any significant problems, but they are still pre-release software. As part of the program we’ll upgrade Insiders to what is for all intents and purposes the same build as what other customers will get on 7/29, but that will be just another build for Insiders, and those who stay in the program will simply get the next build after as well.

“I want to opt out of the Windows Insider Program on 7/29.” If you decide to opt-out of the program and upgrade to the 7/29 build you will be subject to exactly the same terms and conditions that govern the offer* that was extended to all Genuine Windows 7 and 8.1 customers. This is not a path to attain a license for Windows XP or Windows Vista systems. If your system upgraded from a Genuine Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 license it will remain activated, but if not, you will be required to roll back to your previous OS version or acquire a new Windows 10 license. If you do not roll back or acquire a new license the build will eventually expire.

It is our hope that the vast majority of Windows Insiders who have been with us since we announced the program last year will continue forward, and it was in that light that we authored the blog post about upcoming changes to the program. I regret that this caused confusion about who was or was not eligible for the Windows 10 upgrade offer, but hope that this helps to clarify.

Thanks,
    g

AlienIsGOD, Sep 5, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Get a Windows 10 licence for free if you register on Windows Insider

Wow, sounds like those who are bandwidth limited could be screwed, or find a internet cafe or library to get the needed ISO.

AsRock, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Insider program - no longer getting preview builds

Windows 10 Insider Preview Install Failed

Hello Simpson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

• Are you referring to Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267?
    • Which Intel drivers are you referring to?
    • Are you referring to Intel drivers deployed through Windows Updates?
    • Did you get any error message when they fail?

From your description, I suspect that the problem might be due to unsuccessful installation of preview build caused this issue. Suggest you to check installing the build again to see if the same thing happens again. If you don't see the
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267
    update, then please check it after sometime. Refer this link
    to learn more about Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267.

Give us above details to assist you better.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Insider program - no longer getting preview builds

1. Windows 10 Insider program - no longer getting preview builds - Similar Threads - Insider program longer

2. Windows 11 Insider Build Preview

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 11 Insider Build Preview: I wanted to know if there is any problem when we download the Windows 11 Insider Preview?Will it remove all the data from the previous windows 10 when we update to the insider build preview of windows 11?Is it safe?When the original windows 11 comes out can we update the...
  3. How to Get Windows 11 Insider Preview Build Now

in Windows 10 News
    How to Get Windows 11 Insider Preview Build Now: [ATTACH]The Windows Team has started rolling out Windows 11 Insider Preview, and if you are using Windows 10 linked with a Microsoft account, you can install it on your PC right away. This post will guide you on how you can get Windows 11 Insider Preview! Before we go ahead,...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview build 21327

Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview build 21327: hello please help I recently updated to build 21327 and now my problem is when I try to view my "OS build and System info" nothing opens. is there a fix for this, please?...
  5. Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20180

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20180: Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20180 wifi dosent work well had to drop back down a build to 20175. whats the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-insider-preview-build-20180/591a204e-19d0-44f9-b83d-7d986cb972ee
  6. insider preview builds

insider preview builds: i have tried multiple time to disable the insider preview builds but after i do and leave the page and go back the settings have reverted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insider-preview-builds/e7124306-1cee-4430-925e-0a91a104ccd4
  7. Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19041.84

Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19041.84: Hello, From where I can download .iso image of Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19041.84. Please advise. Regards, Mohit Deshmukh https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-insider-preview-build-1904184/5f2bc83b-99b0-40fa-ad6d-6de61ae4c417
  8. Can't seem to escape the Insider Preview Build program

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't seem to escape the Insider Preview Build program: I joined the Windows Insider program with high hopes of testing out cutting edge features. I was stoked, I enjoyed it. But now, many multiplayer games flag insider builds as "cheats", so I can't enjoy my gaming PC to its fullest potential. Has anyone successfully left the...
  9. Windows Insider 10 Preview Build

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Insider 10 Preview Build: Is anyone else had problems installing Norton Symantec Anti-Virus software while using the preview build. Thank you! M. Skaggs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-insider-10-preview-build/f1346ee3-de1f-4d61-9b01-4c6d9d2e1ce5"
  10. Not getting new Insider Preview Build 14328

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Not getting new Insider Preview Build 14328: Currently running Build 14316.rs1, Release 160402-2217 I'm set in the Fast Ring and Registry settings are correct. Has been downloaded and installed on my other W-10 PC. I don't see any Google comments on not receiving the new Build 14328. Am I the only one in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. this content is currently on an older release of windows