Windows 10: Windows 10 Insisting I Elevate Things That Shouldn't Need Elevation

Discus and support Windows 10 Insisting I Elevate Things That Shouldn't Need Elevation in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently Trusted Installer decided it wanted to take ownership of all my program files, Program Data, and the Users folders across 2 of my internal... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Maygay, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Maygay Win User

Windows 10 Insisting I Elevate Things That Shouldn't Need Elevation

Recently Trusted Installer decided it wanted to take ownership of all my program files, Program Data, and the Users folders across 2 of my internal drives and got real draconic with permissions. Also some permissions entries were corrupted. Like it made it so my own account didn't have write access to itself without an admin which it also is and still had to use do as admin.

I discovered this while trying to install some new software maybe 3 days ago and have been fighting with it ever since.

Now I fixed all that pretty simple, I'm just including it as I'm pretty sure it's relevant as this started at the same time. Actually there were some folders that refused to change ownership and gave a few could not be enumerated errors but they're like system folders so I didn't bother with them as they aren't relevant to what I'm doing right now.

Several programs insist they need administrator privileges. And still won't run properly even if I use run as administrator

Before this happened one of the programs did not require any sort of elevation, and did not have the UAC shield icon on it's icon. I've tried reinstalling it. Several others are the same though I haven't tried using them. Others I've recently installed.

I am logged in on an admin account which is also my user account and aside from the backdoor admin account is the only account on the computer.

These programs are set to run as administrator in the compatibility settings.

I'm told that at one of the programs should not need admin privileges unless I set them. I'm the sole user of this computer, nobody else has access.

They have the UAC icon even though I have UAC completely disabled. Again, none of them had this a week ago.

I tried enabling developer mode or whatever

I just did a clean install of Windows 10 recently and haven't bothered to add any other security software so this is 100% a windows issue

I completely disabled all Windows Security settings

I tried using dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth, and sfc /scannow in an elevated command prompt and restarting.

Used CCleaner to fix registry issues and clean out stuff like temp folders

Reinstalled one of them several times after taking steps to fix it

Anyways I'm at a loss of what to do here so help would be appriciated

:)

Maygay, Mar 15, 2021
  2. GSquadron Win User

Google+ elevator

Hello!
    I have some days searching on how can i modify the elevator at the right of the screen just like google+ has with its website. Is there a way to do it?
    On google+ it is like this:

Windows 10 Insisting I Elevate Things That Shouldn't Need Elevation fu2iqc.jpg

GSquadron, Mar 15, 2021
  3. The world's fastest passenger elevator

Japanese tech company Hitachi has developed the fastest elevator in the world.

The ultra high-speed elevator reached a speed of 1,260 meters (4,133 feet) per minute, or 75 kilometers (47 miles) per hour.

The record-breaking speed was recorded during a test of the elevator at the CTF Finance Center, a 530-meter (1739 feet) tall skyscraper in the city of Guangzhou, China.

In May, the elevator reached a top speed of 1,200 meters (3,937 feet) per minute, or 72 kilometers (44.7 miles) per hour as its rated speed, and the elevator is now in its final adjustment phase.

Hitachi says it's pursuing even higher speeds, modified control units and safety devices of the elevator.
    The achievement is recorded by National Elevator Quality Supervision and Inspection, a public accreditation body of elevators.

But because the test was conducted for technology development of Hitachi elevators, the elevator in Guangzhou will only run at its rated speed of 72 kilometers (44.7 miles) per hour when it's in service.

Windows 10 Insisting I Elevate Things That Shouldn't Need Elevation 410A31BF00000578-4567014-image-a-8_1496432171580.jpg

Hitachi claims that the high-speed elevator maintains safety via features such as active guide rollers installed in the four corners (top and bottom, left and right) of the elevator car.

These rollers absorb vibrations when the elevator is traveling at high speed.

The elevator also has ear pressure adjustment technology to ease ear blockage by reducing the changes in air pressure inside the elevator car.

Its brake equipment is made of heat resistant materials, and the elevator's descending speed is 600 meters (1,968 feet) per minute, or 36 kilometers (22.4 miles) per hour.

TOP 10 WORLD'S FASTEST ELEVATORS

Location Building Height Elevator Speed

Guangzhou, China CTF Finance Center 530 meters 46.9 mph/75.6 kph

Shanghai, China Shanghai Tower 632 meters 42.8 mph/69 kph

Taipei, Taiwan Taipei 101 508 meters 37.7 mph/61 kph

Yokohama, Japan Yokohama Landmark Tower 296 meters 28 mph/45 kph

Dubai, UAE Burj Khalifa 830 meters 22 mph/35 kph

Tokyo, Japan Sunshine 60 Building 240 meters 22 mph/35 kph

Shanghai, China Shanghai World Financial Center 492 meters 22 mph/35 kph

Beijing, China China World Trade Center Tower III 330 meters 22 mph/35 kph

Chicago, USA John Hancock Center 457 meters 20.5 mph/33 kph

Shanghai, China Jin Mao Tower 421 meters 20 mph/32 kph

CAPSLOCKSTUCK, Mar 15, 2021
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Tenforo, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Insisting I Elevate Things That Shouldn't Need Elevation - Similar Threads - Insisting Elevate Things

2. Elevation permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elevation permissions: Hi,I have windows 11I'm looking for some help. I have a writing program on my laptop which I use regularly. I went to access one of the files and it kept crashing which led me to troubleshoot the program.Somehow, don't ask me how the elevation permissions for this one program...
  3. UAC will not elevate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC will not elevate: This issue is happening on all Windows 10 systems 1909 and 20H2. I have tried DISM repairs, new profiles, a fresh image, a fresh image with no group policy. It will work for about an hour after each reboot, but then it starts to fail again.Users operate under standard domain...
  4. Startup Program Needs Elevation

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup Program Needs Elevation: Just purchased new pc with win10 pro build - finished complete updating. I have a backup utility called Syncback Pro that I use for backup, which works fine. I have set it up to backup my Documents, Downloads and Desktop folders as a test - all the normal methods of launching...
  5. required operation needs elevation

in Windows 10 Customization
    required operation needs elevation: windows 10 this operation needs elevation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/required-operation-needs-elevation/b7757ca1-00f6-47bf-8db0-b35d743ab870
  6. Elevated Privilege

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Elevated Privilege: All-- It there a way to permanenly mark an executable (EXE, DLL, BAT, etc) to always run witth elevated privileges? My nightly file cleanup BAT launches BCDEdit (to reboot in Safe Mode) which requires elevated status. Thanks in advance for any help/direction, Randy Reist,...
  7. Elevated Privilege

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Elevated Privilege: All-- It there a way to permanenly mark an executable (EXE, DLL, BAT, etc) to always run witth elevated privileges? My nightly file cleanup BAT launches BCDEdit (to reboot in Safe Mode) which requires elevated status. Thanks in advance for any help/direction, Randy Reist,...
  8. App need Elevation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    App need Elevation: When ever I open this app it says "The requested operation requires elevation" also "Details : CreateProcess" please help me if theres any solution to this, thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-need-elevation/ad124eb6-9e26-4e6c-b472-24a704929bfb
  9. Elevated permissions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Elevated permissions: I am having ongoing problems with updates or a re-install, so I was checking some options to figure out how to resolve. One advice tip was to go in through Command Prompt and type in DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth. When I tried this I got a message that it...
  10. The requested elevation requires elevation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The requested elevation requires elevation: I have seen this question asked before and attempted a few solutions. Fixing computer problems is not my forte and I would really like an easy to followed solution. I have downloaded the program Apache OpenOffice 4.1.2. It has converted most of my files to OpenOffice.org XML...