Windows 10: Windows 10, inspired by Apple's OS X

Discus and support Windows 10, inspired by Apple's OS X in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft's deeper reveal of Windows 10 today was marvelously weird. Not only did the live-streamed event have the same delivery hiccoughs as Apple's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Jan 21, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Windows 10, inspired by Apple's OS X

More

labeeman, Jan 21, 2015
  2. z3r010 Win User

It looks like infoworld have found somebody to replace Randall C Kennedy in the utter bollocks article department.

:)

z3r010, Jan 21, 2015
  3. Erdeslawe Win User
    Windows 10 Product Key after upgrading to Windows 10

It's a breach of Apple's software license agreement to run OS X on anything other than Apple Hardware; and NO you can't get a free upgrade to Windows 10 from OS X.

Erdeslawe, Jan 21, 2015
  4. Windows 10, inspired by Apple's OS X

Windows 10 Release updates with certain apple designs and features

For those of us who use Apple Mac OS X and Windows 10 both, we may find the apple spotlight search and taskbar(launcher) more convenient and interesting instead of the Windows 10 start menu and file explorer which have certain bugs Windows 10, inspired by Apple's OS X :)....... Well Microsoft
    should release a Windows 10 update that has features both similar to Apple Mac OS X Spotlight search and Launcher with an option to choose between keeping apple based launcher or start menu..........Microsoft should also cange the Lock Screen as sometimes
    hangs while logging in.

Vishesh Bansal, Jan 21, 2015
  5. labeeman Win User
    Yep it sure does.

labeeman, Jan 21, 2015
  6. ARC1020 Win User
    I heard Apple is going to invent and pioneer HoloLens in 3-5 years time.

ARC1020, Jan 21, 2015
  7. adamf Win User
    Really? I thought it was really interesting and well thought out. He is quite a looker as well.

adamf, Jan 21, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Really? I thought it was really interesting and well thought out. He is quite a looker as well. To me it sounds like a Apple fan trying to stick up for OSx and putting down Windows at the same time.

BunnyJ, Jan 21, 2015
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Well said -- even I can't find anything to add to that comment. !!!!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 21, 2015
  10. Seems some of the features of notepad hand writing dragging text... came from Google devices not Apple as far as I've seen :/
    I did read somewhere Microsoft did pay Apple for allot of it's touch screen technology though true or not ?

ThrashZone, Jan 21, 2015
  11. waltc Win User
    More Lol...Windows 10, inspired by Apple's OS X ;) I will admit that under Sinofsky and Ballmer there was quite a bit of Apple-smooching going on behind the scenes--Win8 (and its rapid popularity collapse) make that point undeniable. But the Apple-smoochers are gone from the upper echelons of company (Ballmer & Sinofsky), and what it seems to me now that Microsoft is doing is "going Apple one better" as opposed to "copying" Apple...Windows 10, inspired by Apple's OS X ;) In short, whatever Apple does Microsoft will do better (when it comes to customer support), and whatever Apple does that Microsoft won't do is all to Microsoft's credit, imo...Windows 10, inspired by Apple's OS X ;) Windows customers have never been Apple customers...most of them having outgrown the need for training wheels of the kind Apple provides long ago. Apple will continue to serve the non-technical crowd as it has always done, because those folks are sitting ducks for the kinds of technical malarkey and double-talk Apple peddles. People who want to know more and to do more are usually Microsoft customers.

waltc, Jan 21, 2015
  12. During the 10 presentation there sure were allot of apple's glowing in the background *Wink

ThrashZone, Jan 21, 2015
  13. waltc Win User

False..! Lol...*Wink You probably read that in some Mac forum somewhere, no doubt--the 'Land of Tall Tales and Paul Bunyon.' Touch-screen technology dates back to the 70's & 80's...Apple didn't invent it, nor Microsoft, not even close. You might like to note that several of Apple's attempts to patent touch-screen software in the US have been rejected by the patent office under "Prior Art" grounds, and several more of Apple's attempt to patent what it copied from others are currently under challenge.

waltc, Jan 21, 2015
  14. No I saw them apple's glowing no Microsoft device has a glowing logo *Tongue

ThrashZone, Jan 21, 2015
  15. waltc Win User
    Probably running Windows via Bootcamp, too...Windows 10, inspired by Apple's OS X ;) Ironic that Windows will run natively on any x86 box, including a Mac, but OS X is artificially tied to Apple firmware and cannot be easily installed anywhere else--or legally, actually, as Apple forbids it. (Which is why OS X is no competitor to Windows.) I wish Apple would stop crippling OS X in this way. What a shame that is. Apple will charge a hefty premium for its x86 hardware, which makes the people who think that Apple doesn't charge much if anything for OS X especially comical. Apple's "charge" for OS X is the premium Mac owners pay for their hardware--which in extreme cases amounts to hundreds if not thousands of dollars. Along with crime in general, ignorance in technology decidedly does not pay...Windows 10, inspired by Apple's OS X ;)

waltc, Jan 21, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10, inspired by Apple's OS X - Similar Threads - inspired Apple's

2. frequent attempts through settings to establish HPENVY Inspire 72003 series have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    frequent attempts through settings to establish HPENVY Inspire 72003 series have...: a new printer HP ENVY Inspire 7200e was installed in compliance with instructions/the same printing problem exists/printer will print reports and copy documents/documents created and/or needingprinting from print command will not print/6 documents in queue/more require print...
  3. frequent attempts through settings to establish HPENVY Inspire 72003 series have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    frequent attempts through settings to establish HPENVY Inspire 72003 series have...: a new printer HP ENVY Inspire 7200e was installed in compliance with instructions/the same printing problem exists/printer will print reports and copy documents/documents created and/or needingprinting from print command will not print/6 documents in queue/more require print...
  4. Hello I have dell inspired n4050 with intel pentium b950 and 2gb ram i can download Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello I have dell inspired n4050 with intel pentium b950 and 2gb ram i can download Windows...: Please inform me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-dell-inspired-n4050-with-intel/1ecc54cc-cd97-4a2d-a37a-a062a2bcf2a2
  5. Hello I have dell inspired n4050 with intel pentium b950 and 2gb ram i can download Windows...

Hello I have dell inspired n4050 with intel pentium b950 and 2gb ram i can download Windows...: Please inform me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-dell-inspired-n4050-with-intel/1ecc54cc-cd97-4a2d-a37a-a062a2bcf2a2
  6. Hello I have dell inspired n4050 with intel pentium b950 and 2gb ram i can download Windows...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. how can i get my microphone to work? Windows 10, Dell Inspiration 17 7000 2-in-1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i get my microphone to work? Windows 10, Dell Inspiration 17 7000 2-in-1: the microphone does not pick up any sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-my-microphone-to-work-windows-10/40277a76-0c1f-4094-821b-84630451c193
  8. how can i get my microphone to work? Windows 10, Dell Inspiration 17 7000 2-in-1

how can i get my microphone to work? Windows 10, Dell Inspiration 17 7000 2-in-1: the microphone does not pick up any sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-my-microphone-to-work-windows-10/40277a76-0c1f-4094-821b-84630451c193
  9. how can i get my microphone to work? Windows 10, Dell Inspiration 17 7000 2-in-1

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Dell Inspiration 3000 Windows 10 laptop fans wont stop running even when laptop is off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell Inspiration 3000 Windows 10 laptop fans wont stop running even when laptop is off: Hi, I've had this for maybe 1 month now and I've tried using others posts to resolve it but it wont stop. I cant give any more specs than what i said in the top but I come to wake up in the middle of the night with my fans as loud as they can be and the vents and top keyboard...