Windows 10: Windows 10, inspired by Apple's OS X

Discus and support Windows 10, inspired by Apple's OS X in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I read the article Microsoft didn't copy Apple as the article says, there is a lot of similarities and I could say the same thing with some Linux distros. Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Jan 21, 2015.

1. groze Win User

Windows 10, inspired by Apple's OS X

I read the article Microsoft didn't copy Apple as the article says, there is a lot of similarities and I could say the same thing with some Linux distros.

groze, Jan 21, 2015

2. Where have I heard this before?

Oh yeah, every time one of those companies does something.
    Apple copied MS or MS copied Apple.

They both stole ideas from Palo Alto.

Slartybart, Jan 22, 2015
  3. BunnyJ New Member
    For the WIN! Most of the ideas came from there from the mouse on.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Jan 22, 2015
  4. Windows 10, inspired by Apple's OS X

Ugh...

Much of ios was inspired literally from Windows Phone since version 6. Much of the current mac os x UI is based off 1984. X Code doesn't have much of a foothold in cross platform development as Universal apps do, where the Windows variant has much more potential than the latter. Continuity literally isn't ANYTHING like Continuum, there's no concept apple had before anyone. Siri wasn't first for apple, it was first before apple even bought it out, much like what they did back in the old mac days with Xerox. PCs don't get "bricked." They can crash, but are able to be recovered easily. If the Spartan browser copied Safari, it should be grateful. apple doesn't sell a lot of PCs, their marketshare reflects that and has for many years. They only broke the smartphone rules in 2007. In my mind, Microsoft has set a pretty dominant trend in the tech world where apple and google are copying Microsoft. You didn't see a removal of skeuomorphic design or google's paper design until Windows Phone 7 or even Zune for that matter were released. Microsoft builds the framework, apple takes credit for it.

Bullocks if I've ever seen it!

Coke Robot, Jan 23, 2015
  5. groze Win User
    Google is not copying Microsoft or any other company. There is a claim going through the courts that Google copied Red Hat java api. That case if Google looses could destroy the internet for the U.S. If Red hat won, everybody that uses a computer in some form uses an api that is reversed engineered would be violating the copyright. It would be an economic catastrophe if that happens and Red Hat enforces their copyright.

I am not saying this will happen, just what I have read.
    I am not trying make anyone mad. I don't think Red Hat would wants to destroy the economy though.

groze, Jan 23, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    I'm sorry but Xerox came up with the idea for the GUI interface first in the 70's. Every one copied from them when Xerox didn't follow up on the concepts.

History of the graphical user interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Windows 10, inspired by Apple's OS X [​IMG]

Jeff

BunnyJ, Jan 23, 2015
  7. groze Win User
    I'm sorry but Xerox came up with the idea for the GUI interface first in the 70's. Every one copied from them when Xerox didn't follow up on the concepts.

Jeff
    I forgot about Xerox what a mistake they made but surprisingly they are still in business.

groze, Jan 23, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Jeff

From what I recall the first mouse was presented to the exec's and they acted like a turd was dropped on the desk.

I forgot about Xerox what a mistake they made but surprisingly they are still in business. If Xerox had kept up the development think of where we could be now.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Jan 23, 2015
  9. Mystere Win User
    First, it's Oracle, not Red Hat.

Second, Yes. Google does copy. And they lost the case. However, now Google is claiming that they had the legal right to copy because the material was usable under the Fair Use Doctrine.

See Google: Oracle Lawsuit Is Damaging - Business Insider

This really goes back to the original Sun (then owner of Java) lawsuit against Microsoft. Which Sun also won, and lead to the development of Microsoft's .NET. Sun (and now Oracle) are not afraid to cut off their nose to spite their face, and they have suffered greatly because of it.

Mystere, Jan 24, 2015
  10. waltc Win User
    According to Mac aficionados, everything, including the wheel, was invented by Apple...Windows 10, inspired by Apple's OS X ;) Basically, it goes like this: when Apple releases a product that incorporates technology completely new to Apple products, Apple users are quick to erroneously conclude that "Apple invented it." Case in point: USB is an Intel technology. I had USB ports on my Win98 SE box, ports which Microsoft eventually supported with drivers before I got rid of that particular box. Couple of years later, Apple ships the iMac, with USB ports, and suddenly Appledom is afire with the idea that Apple invented USB. That's the way it works for folks caught up in the Mac RDF.

Apple users are generally as far from tech-savvy as it is possible to be, and that's just the way Apple likes them...Windows 10, inspired by Apple's OS X ;) Such persons have personal, giant neon signs that say, "SUCKER Here"...! Employees at Apple stores are trained in the art of spotting such people the moment they walk in the door...Windows 10, inspired by Apple's OS X ;)

waltc, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10, inspired by Apple's OS X - Similar Threads - inspired Apple's

2. frequent attempts through settings to establish HPENVY Inspire 72003 series have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    frequent attempts through settings to establish HPENVY Inspire 72003 series have...: a new printer HP ENVY Inspire 7200e was installed in compliance with instructions/the same printing problem exists/printer will print reports and copy documents/documents created and/or needingprinting from print command will not print/6 documents in queue/more require print...
  3. frequent attempts through settings to establish HPENVY Inspire 72003 series have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    frequent attempts through settings to establish HPENVY Inspire 72003 series have...: a new printer HP ENVY Inspire 7200e was installed in compliance with instructions/the same printing problem exists/printer will print reports and copy documents/documents created and/or needingprinting from print command will not print/6 documents in queue/more require print...
  4. Hello I have dell inspired n4050 with intel pentium b950 and 2gb ram i can download Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello I have dell inspired n4050 with intel pentium b950 and 2gb ram i can download Windows...: Please inform me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-dell-inspired-n4050-with-intel/1ecc54cc-cd97-4a2d-a37a-a062a2bcf2a2
  5. Hello I have dell inspired n4050 with intel pentium b950 and 2gb ram i can download Windows...

Hello I have dell inspired n4050 with intel pentium b950 and 2gb ram i can download Windows...: Please inform me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-dell-inspired-n4050-with-intel/1ecc54cc-cd97-4a2d-a37a-a062a2bcf2a2
  6. Hello I have dell inspired n4050 with intel pentium b950 and 2gb ram i can download Windows...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. how can i get my microphone to work? Windows 10, Dell Inspiration 17 7000 2-in-1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i get my microphone to work? Windows 10, Dell Inspiration 17 7000 2-in-1: the microphone does not pick up any sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-my-microphone-to-work-windows-10/40277a76-0c1f-4094-821b-84630451c193
  8. how can i get my microphone to work? Windows 10, Dell Inspiration 17 7000 2-in-1

how can i get my microphone to work? Windows 10, Dell Inspiration 17 7000 2-in-1: the microphone does not pick up any sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-my-microphone-to-work-windows-10/40277a76-0c1f-4094-821b-84630451c193
  9. how can i get my microphone to work? Windows 10, Dell Inspiration 17 7000 2-in-1

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Dell Inspiration 3000 Windows 10 laptop fans wont stop running even when laptop is off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell Inspiration 3000 Windows 10 laptop fans wont stop running even when laptop is off: Hi, I've had this for maybe 1 month now and I've tried using others posts to resolve it but it wont stop. I cant give any more specs than what i said in the top but I come to wake up in the middle of the night with my fans as loud as they can be and the vents and top keyboard...