Windows 10: Windows 10 instalation and DISABLING sleep mode

Discus and support Windows 10 instalation and DISABLING sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all Trying to install Windows 10 on system with 1,5 TB RAM ( yes a server with 4 CPUs ) but Windows trying to allocate HDD space even for sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Wishgranter042, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Windows 10 instalation and DISABLING sleep mode

Hi all

Trying to install Windows 10 on system with 1,5 TB RAM ( yes a server with 4 CPUs ) but Windows trying to allocate HDD space even for sleep mode before installation. There is RAID0 with 1 TB capacity so i cant install it unless i provide more HDD space. let say im not going this way.
    Its there any option that Win 10 will not use sleep mode ( HDD space allocation ) when installing ? some workaround possible ?

Please im not interested to know i should install WinServer version or etc.

:)

Wishgranter042, Nov 21, 2019
  2. mrw1986 Win User

Windows 10 wont stay in sleep mode

I've been having a similar issue, but the wake source is listed as PCI-to-PCI Bridge. I've run all the commands to see what devices have permission to wake and the only thing is Keyboard, Mouse, and WOL. I've disabled all three and it still waked from sleep citing PCI-to-PCI Bridge. I had the same exact configuration in Windows 8.1 with no issues. I'm going to try a fresh install of W10 and see if that fixes it. Also, I have all the privacy stuff disabled (services, group policies, reg keys, etc).

Edit: Just saw you guys post about TeamViewer. I do have that installed but never had this issue in the past. I'll try disabling the service and see if that fixes it.

mrw1986, Nov 21, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User

it probably will.

Mussels, Nov 21, 2019
  4. mrw1986 Win User

Windows 10 instalation and DISABLING sleep mode

Yep, already did. I do this kind of work in my sleep. Not only are they disabled in the OS, they are disabled in the BIOS as well.

EDIT: I will add that sleep worked perfectly fine in Windows 8.1 before I upgraded to 10. That's why I'm 99.99% convinced it's related to my upgrade and think a clean install will fix it.

mrw1986, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 instalation and DISABLING sleep mode

1. Windows 10 instalation and DISABLING sleep mode - Similar Threads - instalation DISABLING sleep

2. Windows Update disables Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update disables Sleep Mode: Windows 10 Home Version 22H2I scheduled a Windows Updates 3 days ago. It is now the day before the update is scheduled to run. All day today when I try to enter Sleep Mode, it doesn't "take." Is this a bug? or working as designed?Thanks for your help.SweetTasha...
  3. Windows Update disables Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update disables Sleep Mode: Windows 10 Home Version 22H2I scheduled a Windows Updates 3 days ago. It is now the day before the update is scheduled to run. All day today when I try to enter Sleep Mode, it doesn't "take." Is this a bug? or working as designed?Thanks for your help.SweetTasha...
  4. Windows Update disables Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to disable Sleep Mode in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Sleep Mode in Windows 11/10: [IMG]Sleep mode is a handy function that enables your computer to shut down its display after a period of inactivity. It saves your battery and you can resume your work from where you left off by waking up your PC. However, you may want to disable the sleep mode if you want...
  6. Windows 10 sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 sleep mode: I recently built a new PC and I cannot seem to get it to wake up from sleep mode. I tried to disable fast startup, I turned hibernate off and on, I turned hybrid sleep off and on. I even changed the power settings to the usb in the motherboard bios. Does anyone else have any...
  7. Sleep mode disabling ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sleep mode disabling ethernet connection: Hi,For the past few months, sleep mode has been disabling the ethernet connection on two PCs both connected to the same router through wired ethernet connection. A simple disable/enable on ethernet in the network connections settings page re-enables the connection. Display...
  8. Disable sleep mode with some programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable sleep mode with some programs: Hi, Is there a way to disable sleep mode only with some specific programs that I choose ? Thank you Have a good day version 20H2 (build 19042.928) 179070
  9. Disable Sleep Mode Entirely

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable Sleep Mode Entirely: My new computer keyboard puts the computer to sleep using the F2 key by default. If I want to rename anything, I have to hit a function key. There is no way to change the setting and because I never put my computer into sleep mode, I want to disable it entirely. Not turn it...
  10. sleep mode windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sleep mode windows 10: My computer is in sleep mode and it will not wake up. I have reset the computer and still nothing comes up. How do I fix this. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-windows-10/231a6688-627f-4d92-a5c0-8710ddd12ddb