Windows 10: Windows 10 Install - A driver you need is missing

Discus and support Windows 10 Install - A driver you need is missing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good morning, I need to install a Windows partition on my computer for work-related reasons. However, the Windows Installer (the official one,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by aranca, Aug 7, 2019.

1. aranca Win User

Windows 10 Install - A driver you need is missing

Good morning,

I need to install a Windows partition on my computer for work-related reasons.
    However, the Windows Installer (the official one, provided by Microsoft's website) displays the following error right after choosing languages:
    "A media driver your computer needs is missing".

I tried providing said driver myself by downloading all the drivers relating to my product on your website, and using the 'browse' function of the installer to load them during the installation process, but none did the trick.

Internet forums suggest trying installing windows from a USB 2.0 port instead of 3.0, but all the USB ports of my computer are 3.0 ports. Switching the installation usb stick to a different port, before or during the installation, produces no different result. Neither does altering the BIOS settings to allow for Legacy boot modes.

A hardware problem seems unlikely as other operating systems boot from usb without further ado.

Is there a workaround for this problem?

Thank you for your time and your help.

:)

aranca, Aug 7, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Install - A driver you need is missing

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Install - A driver you need is missing

1. Windows 10 Install - A driver you need is missing - Similar Threads - Install driver need

2. Missing media drivers for Windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing media drivers for Windows 10 installation: I have been recently getting seriously irritated about certain applications that I cannot use on my Mac because they are not compatible. Irritatingly, each solution to this is just ruined by problem after problem. I have finally arrived at the final solution of literally...
  3. Windows 10 clean install 'A media driver is missing’

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 clean install 'A media driver is missing’: I am doing a Windows 10 clean install through a USB Flash drive which is made with a Mac system I have already tried: Plugging the flash drive into all of my USB 2.0, 3.0 and 3.1 ports Changing flash drive Downloading ISO again, and downloading a older version Trying to...
  4. Windows 10 Installation- Error: "A media driver your computer needs is missing"

Windows 10 Installation- Error: "A media driver your computer needs is missing": Hi, I have recently encountered an error when trying to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10. When I backed up all my files, I went into "Repair your computer" and opened command prompt. I then put in a command for "diskpart" and wrote clean disk 0 (the hard disk). Then I...
  5. A media driver your computer needs is missing

in Windows 10 News
    A media driver your computer needs is missing: [ATTACH] Microsoft has been trying to reduce the dependency of users on installation media like CD, DVD, USB, etc. and rather most users upgraded to Windows 10 directly through a system update. However, as wise as the intent of the company [...] This post A media driver your...
  6. New Windows 10 Install And Missing Driver

New Windows 10 Install And Missing Driver: Hi, I just installed Windows 10 on my aging Dell Inspiron 1720 labtop. Everything worked fine but after viewing the device manager I see there is one missing driver. It's the Ricoh card reader driver I believe. I went to Dell, typed in my Service Tag, and found a driver...
  7. Missing driver after installing 10

Missing driver after installing 10: I have everything installed apart from one driver. ACPI\HPQ6007 I have searched the HP site for the driver for my Envy 17-k251na without any luck. Anyone help please? *Smile Conor 15038
  8. cannot install Windows - driver missing

cannot install Windows - driver missing: forgive me if i am asking something that has been answered but i checked the thread and couldn't see any answer that applied to me. I have a Dell Studio 1745 laptop running Insiders Preview build 17063. The day after creating my bootable build 17074 ISO using UUP2ISO and...
  9. Windows 10 Clean Install: Missing Media Driver?

Windows 10 Clean Install: Missing Media Driver?: Hi, all. Bought a new Dell XPS13, (9360). Wanting to start with a clean machine, I'm trying to wipe the drive and install Windows 10 from a USB. But I am receiving an error message each time I try: A media driver your computer needs is missing. I'm stumped. What am I doing...
  10. Windows 10 installation problem "missing drivers"

Windows 10 installation problem "missing drivers": I am using a USB flash drive to install the windows 10 pro final version. created it using the media creation tool provided by Microsoft, however when I boot using it and I begin the installation I have a problem. Right after clicking the "install" I get an error message. "A...