Windows 10: Windows 10 Install - A driver you need is missing

Discus and support Windows 10 Install - A driver you need is missing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good morning, I need to install a Windows partition on my computer for work-related reasons. However, the Windows Installer (the official one,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by aranca, Aug 7, 2019.

1. aranca Win User

Windows 10 Install - A driver you need is missing

Good morning,

I need to install a Windows partition on my computer for work-related reasons.
    However, the Windows Installer (the official one, provided by Microsoft's website) displays the following error right after choosing languages:
    "A media driver your computer needs is missing".

I tried providing said driver myself by downloading all the drivers relating to my product on your website, and using the 'browse' function of the installer to load them during the installation process, but none did the trick.

Internet forums suggest trying installing windows from a USB 2.0 port instead of 3.0, but all the USB ports of my computer are 3.0 ports. Switching the installation usb stick to a different port, before or during the installation, produces no different result. Neither does altering the BIOS settings to allow for Legacy boot modes.

A hardware problem seems unlikely as other operating systems boot from usb without further ado.

Is there a workaround for this problem?

Thank you for your time and your help.

:)

aranca, Aug 7, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Install - A driver you need is missing

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Install - A driver you need is missing

1. Windows 10 Install - A driver you need is missing - Similar Threads - Install driver need

2. "A media driver your computer needs is missing" windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "A media driver your computer needs is missing" windows installation: Hello, I recently built a computer but the problem is is that when I try to install windows 11 on it will say:"A media driver your computer needs is missing. This could be a DVD, USB or Hard disk driver. If you have a CD, DVD, or USB flash drive with the driver on it, please...
  3. "A media driver your computer needs is missing" windows installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "A media driver your computer needs is missing" windows installation: Hello, I recently built a computer but the problem is is that when I try to install windows 11 on it will say:"A media driver your computer needs is missing. This could be a DVD, USB or Hard disk driver. If you have a CD, DVD, or USB flash drive with the driver on it, please...
  4. went install Windows 10 : a MEDIA DRIVER your computer needs is missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    went install Windows 10 : a MEDIA DRIVER your computer needs is missing: I just now went to install Windows 10 - I bought this used and had windows 10 - I find required for a fresh install - but getting ERROR: a MEDIA DRIVER your computer needs is missingIs it the Graphics card driver??? I think I have an NVIDIA Quadro graphics card, Should find...
  5. Windows 10 Clean Install: A Media driver your computer needs is missing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Clean Install: A Media driver your computer needs is missing.: So a bit of background; I recently got a mandate from school stating that I must run a piece of software only available from windows 10. I used to run Gentoo, but now I deleted that to run Windows. I used a USB2 flash drive. However, since I do not own a Windows computer, I...
  6. Windows 10 installation missing drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 installation missing drivers: So I recently tried installing windows 10 on a hardrive and I accidentally installed in on my so my hardrive got messed up so I had to install windows 10 on a usb flash drive. And I tried installing it on my pc but it always says “a media driver your computer needs is...
  7. windows 10 fresh install "A media driver your computer needs is missing"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 fresh install "A media driver your computer needs is missing": i'm trying to install windows 10 on new pc through a usb with windows 10 on it created on Etcher on mac but keeps coming up with "a media driver your computer needs is missing. This could be a DVD, USB, or HardDisk Driver. If you have a cd, dvd or usb flash drive with the...
  8. Windows 10 Install Failure: "A media driver your computer needs is missing"

Windows 10 Install Failure: "A media driver your computer needs is missing": I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a Lenovo P520. It used to have Linux on it. I wiped the partitions off the disk before trying to install. Image of the error is below don't know why it's upsidedown. The workstation has a Samsung NVMe PCIe SSD drive. My understanding is...
  9. Windows 10 installation missing drivers

Windows 10 installation missing drivers: Hello, Sorry for the long description, I have no experience with Windows so I might make something trivialy wrong. I'm trying to install Windows10 in an existing system (multi-boot). I have several disks including 2 NVMEs. On the NVME I use to boot Linux (UEFI) I made a...
  10. Windows 10 Installation- Error: "A media driver your computer needs is missing"

Windows 10 Installation- Error: "A media driver your computer needs is missing": Hi, I have recently encountered an error when trying to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10. When I backed up all my files, I went into "Repair your computer" and opened command prompt. I then put in a command for "diskpart" and wrote clean disk 0 (the hard disk). Then I...