Windows 10: Windows 10 Install after the 29th July

Discus and support Windows 10 Install after the 29th July in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, As long as you follow the steps on the enclosed link will to get the ticket will this work for a free upgrade after the 29th July ? Clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by markiejd, Jun 23, 2016.

1. markiejd Win User

Windows 10 Install after the 29th July

markiejd, Jun 23, 2016

2. about windows 10

You can delay installing Windows 10 for later and still can get it for free if you install it on or before July 29th 2016. After July 29th 2016 you will have to buy Windows 10. The estimate price could be $119 for the home edition and $199 for the Pro
    edition.

StephenKovac, Jun 23, 2016
  3. How long does my reservation for Windows 10 last also what happens when I reformat my computer?

It is reserved until you install Windows 10 or if don't install it after July 29th 2016.

Andre Da Costa, Jun 23, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

No, not after the deadline, not for free anyway.
    What you can do now is to make full system backup, upgrade existing system or do clean install as described and make sure W10 is activated. You can return to your previous windows by using backup. Only after that you'll be able to install W10 any time after deadline but than you wouldn't even need to enter any key.

CountMike, Jun 23, 2016
  5. cereberus Win User
    You could create a small virtual hard drive (eg 32GB) and install it in that.

1) Boot from a windows 10 installation usb created with

Windows 10

2) Select language etc., and click next.

3) At install now screen, press shift+F10 to get a command prompt.

4) type following commands

c:
    cd\
    md vhd
    diskpart
    create vdisk file=c:\vhd\win10.vhd maximum=32000 type=fixed
    select vdisk file=c:\vhd\win10.vhd
    attach vdisk
    exit
    exit

Then you can install windows 10 in newly created virtual drive, and activate using old key. Then windows 10 will be reserved.

To delete it, simply run msconfig and delete boot entry from boot tab, and delete vhd.

cereberus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Install after the 29th July - Similar Threads - Install 29th July

2. I did not authorize a purchase. July 29th 2023

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I did not authorize a purchase. July 29th 2023: I did not purchase Publisher. I never sent that request for the product and it says it has been redeemed. How can I refund this purchase and get my money back? I am a college student who needs every last cent.Order number 9531093973I also obtained spam emails on the email...
  3. Can I get Win10 for free after July 29th this year?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I get Win10 for free after July 29th this year?: I already know about the trick where you update then revert, and the computer you updated on will be able to upgrade again for free after July 29th, but what if I won't have the computer I want to upgrade until after this date? I'm getting a MacBook Air in August. I like...
  4. Who will get Windows 10 on July 29th? Just Windows Insiders?

in Windows 10 Support
    Who will get Windows 10 on July 29th? Just Windows Insiders?: Will the Windows Insiders get Windows on July 29th, or just the Insiders that have the 10240 RTM installed on their computer? 9096
  5. July 29th not June 29th

in Windows 10 Support
    July 29th not June 29th: I was getting so excited for windows 10 on the 29th June....and then I realised it's July not June lol! Silly me, I must have read it wrong. And there I was looking forward to installing it tomorrow! I even bought myself a new SSD and cloned my W8.1 over! This is how I...
  6. Reinstalling W10 after 29th of July

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling W10 after 29th of July: Hello, I have a question : after the free upgrade period expires, how do I reinstall Windows 10 if I have it installed now? For instance, I want to reinstall it to do a Clean Up of my computer, or I am upgrading/migrating to another system (hardware) etc. 57651
  7. Hardware change after 29th July

Hardware change after 29th July: Hi all I wonder what will happen if a major component like a motherboard is changed after 29th July, will Microsoft accept it or will we have to buy a key. Many people have got away with hardware changes on OEM licenses in the past with earlier versions of Windows. 57641
  8. July 29th -> If I upgrade now, will it still be free?

July 29th -> If I upgrade now, will it still be free?: Hello everyone, Sorry if this question is stupid. But if I upgrade today will it still be free? According to some websites the price goes up on the 30th, but microsoft itself seems to state very strongly that the price goes up on the 29th. If I update now will I have to...
  9. Taking full control of Win 10 upgrades on 29th July ... ?

Taking full control of Win 10 upgrades on 29th July ... ?: Hello I have used the tray app to register for Win 10 upgrade on a number of PCs / laptops (Win 7 & Win 8). However I am now a bit concerned that come "D-Day", the app will automatically download the installation files (or at least a significant amount of them) on 29th...
  10. Here’s what happens after the July 29th free Windows 10 offer ends

in Windows 10 News
    Here’s what happens after the July 29th free Windows 10 offer ends: Here’s what happens after the July 29th free Windows 10 offer ends When Windows 10 was released to consumers in July of 2015, it was free for all Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 users — for one year. This was a new tactic for Microsoft. Instead of having consumers pay for...