Windows 10: Windows 10 install and no signal to monitor

Discus and support Windows 10 install and no signal to monitor in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I just installed Windows 10 on my Dell desktop yesterday previously had Win 8. When I restarted my computer, I just got a « no signal » message on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NicG_64, Jun 27, 2020.

1. NicG_64 Win User

Windows 10 install and no signal to monitor

Hi,

I just installed Windows 10 on my Dell desktop yesterday previously had Win 8. When I restarted my computer, I just got a « no signal » message on my monitor.

It is not an issue with my monitor as I tried it with another computer, and everything is fine.

Note that the system seems to work fine as all leds are lightening.

I also tried different connection ports dvi, hdmi, vga, displayport from both the graphic card and the motherboard, without any success.

I then tried to clean the RAM cards and the graphic card, but once again without any success.

I tried to reboot on BIOS but obviously no success as the monitor cannot detect any signal.

This issue is obviously coming from Win10 upgrade and I can only be disappointed. I would expect the install checks that the system configuration is suitable for such an upgrade.

I have no idea of what I can do. Could you please help me ?

:)

NicG_64, Jun 27, 2020

2. Windows 10 Update Installed & Now No Signal to Monitor

Hi,

For us to isolate your concern with your monitor's signal, we would like to know the following:

• When you say "signal", are you referring to the Internet?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jun 27, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Windows 10 install and no signal to monitor

Error: No signal on second monitor after upgrade to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your inconvenience caused to you with accessing the second monitor, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to outdated/ corrupted drivers.

As you have already tried to update the drivers and issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the existing drivers for second monitor and re0install them from the manufacturer's website.

Step 1: Steps to uninstall the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Uninstall
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Also, contact the manufacturer's website and try to install those drivers for your device.

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.

To know more about this issue, I suggest you to refer to the article by
    Andre Da Costa
    and check:

How to add and use a second monitor with Windows

Hope it helps. Kindly let us know if you need further assistance with Windows Operating System. We will be glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 install and no signal to monitor

1. Windows 10 install and no signal to monitor - Similar Threads - install signal monitor

2. Fix No Signal on monitor in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix No Signal on monitor in Windows 11/10: [IMG]If you keep seeing a blank screen on your monitor with a No Signal error message, this post will help you. Some Windows users have reported that after booting their computer, they keep getting a No Signal error message on their black screen and the monitor just doesn’t...
  3. Monitors showing no signal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitors showing no signal: Hi, so for the last 2 weeks I’ve been dealing with this issue. My monitors lose signal not just during gaming but even just on the start page. I’ve done a lot of things to trouble shoot this.Check cables, switch monitors, reinstall graphics card, new mobo, new psu, resetting...
  4. No Signal on Monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Signal on Monitor: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jamesbrad04 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kgy9k5/no_signal_on_monitor/
  5. No signal to monitors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No signal to monitors: Hi, I bought a new computer a few months ago - a pre built msi infinite 9sa-871 - and was experiencing issues with lag after leaving the computer on, which got progressively worse. I'm not the smartest with tech, so I reset to factory settings and it sort of fixes itself, but...
  6. No signal to monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No signal to monitors: Hi guys, have tried browsing around but I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking to be honest, so I'm hoping someone might be able to help point me in the right direction. This morning I've gone to hop on my computer and I've got no signal to any of my screens 2 desktop...
  7. "No Signal" on monitor during Windows 10 installation on new PC build

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "No Signal" on monitor during Windows 10 installation on new PC build: Just built a new custom PC and was in the middle of installing Windows 10. Installation had finished and I was on the internet setup window when the video signal abruptly stopped. I was met with a "No Signal" text on the monitor. I've tried multiple HDMIs to reconnect in both...
  8. Monitor no signal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor no signal: My system unit boots perfectly, the videocard is working etc. But it says on my monitor that it has no signal. I checked every wirings and all. Is this a faulty ram ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-no-signal/584e85e7-7d09-4afb-86e0-8f837b1263dd
  9. Upgrade to Windows 10, no monitor signal

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to Windows 10, no monitor signal: Hello all! I upgraded my pc (Gateway SX2110 slim desktop) from Windows 8 to 10 last night. Downloaded from MS site, seemed to install fine. Pc rebooted after 10 setup screen (Language, keyboard layout). I keep getting "no monitor signal". Fans are spinning, i can hear drive...
  10. Windows 10 second monitor no signal

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 second monitor no signal: Hello, I haven't been able to get my second monitor working after doing a clean install of windows 10. It is detected in the windows display settings and has the correct resolution but it says no input on the second monitor. The only problem I've noticed is in the nvidia...