Windows 10: Windows 10 install appears to be frozen at 5%

Discus and support Windows 10 install appears to be frozen at 5% in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A friend of mine clicked on something and almost fell victim to a phishing scam. I've been helping to make her laptop safe and their still seemed to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by codenat, Feb 25, 2021.

1. codenat Win User

Windows 10 install appears to be frozen at 5%

A friend of mine clicked on something and almost fell victim to a phishing scam. I've been helping to make her laptop safe and their still seemed to be spyware on the laptop. Since it is a fairly new laptop with hardly and files to backup, I thought the easiest solution would be to just re-install Windows 10 and wipe everything.

So I started the process, I know it's a long one, but the screen appears frozen and the laptop is no longer making any sounds. The spinning dots are not spinning.

I will wait it out a bit to see, but what should I do if it really is frozen?

:)

codenat, Feb 25, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Windows 10 install appears to be frozen at 5%

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 install appears to be frozen at 5%

1. Windows 10 install appears to be frozen at 5% - Similar Threads - install appears frozen

2. Installing windows frozen at 36%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing windows frozen at 36%: I was playing starfield until my pc froze so I turned off my pc and turned it back on again to find my display blank and my keyboard and mouse unresponsiveWaited a couple hours and turned it back on which finally allowed my display, keyboard and mouse to work but froze after...
  3. Installing windows frozen at 36%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing windows frozen at 36%: I was playing starfield until my pc froze so I turned off my pc and turned it back on again to find my display blank and my keyboard and mouse unresponsiveWaited a couple hours and turned it back on which finally allowed my display, keyboard and mouse to work but froze after...
  4. Installing windows frozen at 36%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Minecraft installer frozen

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft installer frozen: Hi, I have a problemWhen I clicked on minecraft installer and made it to this screen I showed. When I clicked install, nothing happened and the Minecraft launcher installer is frozen, even if I exit it remains on screen. I wanted to play java edition but this is a roadblock....
  6. Minecraft installer frozen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft installer frozen: Hi, I have a problemWhen I clicked on minecraft installer and made it to this screen I showed. When I clicked install, nothing happened and the Minecraft launcher installer is frozen, even if I exit it remains on screen. I wanted to play java edition but this is a roadblock....
  7. Minecraft installer frozen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Installation completely frozen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation completely frozen: Hello, I am installing Windows 10. I used the "upgrade tool," so I am not installing off of a USB or anything like that. I double checked using the "Get Windows 10" tool that my system met the eligibility requirements, and it did. Everything was going fine up until I...
  9. Windows 10 Install Spinning Dots Frozen

Windows 10 Install Spinning Dots Frozen: Just built a brand new PC for a friend and it boots into the bios in working order. When I went to install a fresh copy of Windows via USB Drive, the process freezes up on the first screen into the installation. There is a black screen with my motherboard's brand logo and the...
  10. Windows 10 fresh install frozen

Windows 10 fresh install frozen: I tried to carry out a fresh install of Win 10 v1809 on a PC some weeks ago. It has frozen on a blue screen with a heading 'Do More With Your Voice'. There is basically then some choices of using voice or not using voice with a 'Learn More' and an 'Accept' button. It has...