Windows 10: Windows 10 install: Booting from usb freezes

Discus and support Windows 10 install: Booting from usb freezes in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I cannot boot Windows from my bootable USB drive. I've tried multiple drives with no luck. I have tried disabling and enabling CSM and disabled fast... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mike_Latt40, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Windows 10 install: Booting from usb freezes

I cannot boot Windows from my bootable USB drive. I've tried multiple drives with no luck. I have tried disabling and enabling CSM and disabled fast boot but still can't get it. I keep getting to a screen with the windows logo and the loading dots but then everything freezes. I have seen others with the same problem but cannot find a good solution. I was wondering how I should go about solving this issue.

This is the page I'm freezing on: http://i.imgur.com/jn6aAjn.jpg

:)

Mike_Latt40, Aug 22, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Aug 22, 2019
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Aug 22, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 install: Booting from usb freezes

Delta6326, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 install: Booting from usb freezes

1. Windows 10 install: Booting from usb freezes - Similar Threads - install Booting usb

2. Cannot boot Windows 10 install from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot boot Windows 10 install from USB: I need to reinstall Windows 10 on my system, since I gave up trying to fix the boot record and backup never worked Shame on the vendor of the software who does not follow up my support question!I have made a boot USB, but every time I try to boot the system will crash after a...
  3. Cannot boot Windows 10 install from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot boot Windows 10 install from USB: I need to reinstall Windows 10 on my system, since I gave up trying to fix the boot record and backup never worked Shame on the vendor of the software who does not follow up my support question!I have made a boot USB, but every time I try to boot the system will crash after a...
  4. Cannot boot Windows 10 install from USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't boot Windows 10 installation from USB

Can't boot Windows 10 installation from USB: Hi, I was having problems with my Display Driver, it kept shutting down my PC, so I uninstalled it and it didn't shut down anymore. I had to restart my PC the other day so I went into device manager and it had installed a Microsoft Generic driver. I uninstalled that one and...
  6. Can't boot Windows 10 installation from USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't boot Windows 10 installation from USB: Hi, I was having problems with my Display Driver, it kept shutting down my PC, so I uninstalled it and it didn't shut down anymore. I had to restart my PC the other day so I went into device manager and it had installed a Microsoft Generic driver. I uninstalled that one and...
  7. [Windows 10 clean install] Booting from USB freezes PC

[Windows 10 clean install] Booting from USB freezes PC: **What is your parts list?** mobo: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master cpu: i9-900k 2x M2 1TB **Describe your problem. List any error messages and symptoms. Be descriptive.** I have set up my usb using microsoft's windows 10 media installation tool. When I boot my pc with the...
  8. Windows 10 Clean install from USB freezes

Windows 10 Clean install from USB freezes: I recently wanted to upgrade my computer, so I bought a motherboard (Gigabyte B360M D3H) and a processor (i7-9700K). Since I was changing my mobo, I thought I could do a clean install of W10 on my SSD (that I formated). So I used the Media Creation Tool on my USB drive....
  9. W10 clean install. Booting from USB freezes before installation page

W10 clean install. Booting from USB freezes before installation page: I have set up my usb using rufus and UUI. When I boot my pc with the usb its freeze in windows 10 blue logo screen, i've tried to create bootable using 2 different software but still freeze. Here a picture where its freeze [img] My current OS windows 10 32bit and i like...
  10. Installing Windows to Boot From A USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Installing Windows to Boot From A USB: Hi Guys, I want to reinstall Windows to get rid of any nasty stuff that might be lurking in the registry as I've recently picked up a long list of malware. If I use the Windows download tool to create a reinstall file, will it create a pure, original Windows file, or will it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus boot from usb freezes

2. windows installation usb freezes

3. windows 10 booting from usb uefi freezes

4. lenovo von usb stick booten