Windows 10: Windows 10 Install Bug verified

Discus and support Windows 10 Install Bug verified in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It seems if your motherboard BIOS AMD or Intel allows you to set a date of 1-19-3001 or beyond, Windows 10 1909 will not finish installing, but locks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CareyHolzman, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Install Bug verified

It seems if your motherboard BIOS AMD or Intel allows you to set a date of 1-19-3001 or beyond, Windows 10 1909 will not finish installing, but locks up during the second reboot during the installation process.

Furthermore, if the BIOS date is changed, and you restart the computer in an attempt to complete the install of Windows 10, guess what happens next? Windows 10 freezes again and when you check your BIOS date, you’ll find Windows 10 reset back to the date you started the install. If you change the motherboard, then attempt to restart from the failed install, the install will once again set the incorrect installation date back into the new motherboards BIOS!

So, after you’ve replaced every single piece of hardware even a new motherboard!, your BIOS date will go back to the install date if you keep reattempting to boot off the SSD/HDD.

You must FIX the BIOS date FIRST, then restart the computer from the Win10 install media, clear ALL the partitions on the drive you want to install Win10 on, then start the installation process over from scratch. So long is the BIOS date is set at 1-18-3001 or earlier, Win10 Pro 1909 will install without issues.

I made a video about it here. Verified on Intel and AMD motherboards both from Gigabyte, both using latest BIOS version. Some motherboard manufacturers do not allow the BIOS date to go beyond 2099. And for those people, they will never experience this issue.

This all started when a customer decided to build their own computer using parts I recommend. They decided to save some money buy purchasing an openbox H370 HD3 motherboard from Amazon. They built the computer correctly. They made no errors. They tried to install Windows 10 and it kept locking up. The customer replaced the motherboard, the RAM and the CPU and PSU and SSD. After hundreds of dollars, many hours of frustration, they called me.

Because the BIOS date on the openbox motherboard was set to 3029, Windows 10 locked up during installation. When the customer bought a brand new gigabyte H370 HD3 motherboard and disassembled and re-assembled his system, he tried to boot off the SSD with the failed Win10 install, which then set the new motherboards BIOS date back to 3029!!!!! Also verified on Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite.

Video demo here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-cCCnqWdBc

Seems like three lines of code of Win10 could check the system date against the windows install file creation date to issue a warning to the user that could have prevented this nightmare!

:)

CareyHolzman, Mar 1, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 1, 2020
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Mar 1, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 Install Bug verified

Delta6326, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Install Bug verified

1. Windows 10 Install Bug verified - Similar Threads - Install Bug verified

2. Windows 11 install bug

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 11 install bug: Every couple of minutes windows tells me it cant find "windows11installationassistant" but I never tried to install windows 11 or delete any files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-install-bug/84cd3ba9-7eba-4a20-8eab-6bee65744906
  3. Windows 11 install bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 install bug: Every couple of minutes windows tells me it cant find "windows11installationassistant" but I never tried to install windows 11 or delete any files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-install-bug/84cd3ba9-7eba-4a20-8eab-6bee65744906
  4. Windows 11 install bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unexpected Crash - Bug Check / Driver Verifier

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unexpected Crash - Bug Check / Driver Verifier: Greetings, I have been having problems related to seemingly random computer crashes in Windows 10. I have found crashes related to a bug check listed in event viewer and other error reports which revolve around WLAN configuration. This leads me to believe it may be related to...
  6. Troubleshooting Window 10 install "Couldn't verify the product key."

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Troubleshooting Window 10 install "Couldn't verify the product key.": My hard drive crashed and I replaced it with an ssd drive. I bought a Windows 10 disc and loaded it to a usb drive to install it. But when I tried to install it the product key says "We couldn't verify the product key. Please check your installation media". Is there a way...
  7. Verify Windows 10 installation media

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Verify Windows 10 installation media: Is there any way to verify integrity of Windows 10 installation usb stick? I'm using old usb drive and it might not work properly. Or can I at least be sure that fresh installation (using this usb stick) on hard drive won't be corrupted? I mean it's ok if I get errors during...
  8. Verify Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Verify Windows 10: Is there a way to change the E-Mail Address I use to verify my Windows Account ? 36190
  9. Windows 10 Clean Install Bug

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Clean Install Bug: When I clean install Windows 10, and I have done this multiple times using the most current version, the menu where you turn features on, before you pick your computer username, displays twice. The 1st time you do it, it goes as far right before the menu where you pick your...
  10. Windows 10 post install tips or bugs

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 post install tips or bugs: Hello, Now I'm here after being a member of Seven Forums. I followed your posted install instructions yesterday and it looks like my Windows 10 update install is ok. Privacy being a big issue for me, I denied (selected Off) for everything it offered. Win 10 seems to be...