Windows 10: Windows 10 install creates a user file folder named "bioni"

Discus and support Windows 10 install creates a user file folder named "bioni" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Each time I install windows 10 on my pc it creates a user file named "bioni". Does anyone know why this folder exists.I would appreciate any help.Thank... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BigBadBionicBear, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Windows 10 install creates a user file folder named "bioni"

Each time I install windows 10 on my pc it creates a user file named "bioni". Does anyone know why this folder exists.I would appreciate any help.Thank You for your time.Mike

:)

BigBadBionicBear, Jun 21, 2021

2. User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 21, 2021
  3. User Account Folder Name

Here's a workaround to rename the user account folder:

• Unlink your Microsoft Account from your Windows 10 device which will result for your account to be converted as a Local account.
    • Create a new Local account, name it using your preferred account and folder name then set it as Administrator.
    • Sign in to your Windows 10 device using the newly created local admin account.
    • Link your Microsoft Account to the newly created local admin account.

After doing the steps above, check if this resolves your concern. If so, migrate all your files from the old account to the new user account and delete the previous one.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerdimae Sal, Jun 21, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 install creates a user file folder named "bioni"

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 21, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 install creates a user file folder named "bioni"

1. Windows 10 install creates a user file folder named "bioni" - Similar Threads - install creates user

2. Create a folder name "Installer" inside windows folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create a folder name "Installer" inside windows folder: I'm trying to install and old version of iTunes and I need to create a folder named "Installer" inside the windows folder, but my problem is that as soon as I create the folder it dissapears. It's not a hidden folder, it just vanish every time. Is there a way to fix this?...
  3. Create a folder name "Installer" inside windows folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create a folder name "Installer" inside windows folder: I'm trying to install and old version of iTunes and I need to create a folder named "Installer" inside the windows folder, but my problem is that as soon as I create the folder it dissapears. It's not a hidden folder, it just vanish every time. Is there a way to fix this?...
  4. For YEARS when I install windows, it creates my user folder incorrectly named.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    For YEARS when I install windows, it creates my user folder incorrectly named.: For YEARS when I install windows, it creates my user folder incorrectly named.Short version/TLDR:When setting up Windows, instead of naming my user folder "Joseph" or "joseph", it names it "josep".This happens ANY time I set up my account using my microsoft account as my...
  5. For YEARS when I install windows, it creates my user folder incorrectly named.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    For YEARS when I install windows, it creates my user folder incorrectly named.: For YEARS when I install windows, it creates my user folder incorrectly named.Short version/TLDR:When setting up Windows, instead of naming my user folder "Joseph" or "joseph", it names it "josep".This happens ANY time I set up my account using my microsoft account as my...
  6. Change user name and user folder name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change user name and user folder name: My Lenovo/Windows setup has chosen a stupid user name for me, shortened from the first letters of my MS account ID. How do I safely change my user name on my PC, and more importantly, my c:\users\user folder name whilst maintaining my Windows account name for logging in etc?...
  7. User folder name.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User folder name.: The folder name under 'C' users has missing characters. It isn't spelt that way anywhere else, be it in the MS account or the local one. Can I edit the name without wrecking my PC apart?! Also, it happens to be the only account on the PC. I don't understand the complexity MS...
  8. I created a user name as "Jeremy" in Windows 10 Pro, but it created a user folder named...

I created a user name as "Jeremy" in Windows 10 Pro, but it created a user folder named...: How do I change it? It is very annoying with the name not appearing correctly or not being given an option to change this. Microsoft do not tell me it is by design! This is not a great design. It used to work in the previous versions; so don't make it worse in new...
  9. User's Files folder name changed to"Folders"

User's Files folder name changed to"Folders": User's files folder name(In my case its 'Dev') suddenly changed to "Folders". Whatever new account I create it still shows the home folder as "Folders". Pls help..Its really annoying.My brother used the laptop and accidently installed some malware and adware which i just...
  10. User folder name...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User folder name...: I've re-installed Win10 Home via the media creation tool. Everything is where it should be and my account is working just fine. But... For some reason my personal folder under C:/Users is named after the first five letters of my Email instead of my real first name, which is...