Windows 10: Windows 10 install died overnight

Discus and support Windows 10 install died overnight in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! When I woke up this morning I found that my desktop was in recovery mode. I've tried running startup repair, sfc /scannow, and chkdsk on my boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by UnclaimedUsename, May 23, 2022.

1. Windows 10 install died overnight

Hello! When I woke up this morning I found that my desktop was in recovery mode. I've tried running startup repair, sfc /scannow, and chkdsk on my boot drive and I've had no luck. I have a laptop available so I made a Windows bootable USB and tried running the commands from there as well, but to no avail. I've also tried rolling back updates / system restore points, but apparently none are available. What should I do to revive my Windows install?

:)

UnclaimedUsename, May 23, 2022

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 23, 2022
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, May 23, 2022
  4. CK011885 Win User

Windows 10 install died overnight

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, May 23, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 install died overnight

1. Windows 10 install died overnight - Similar Threads - install died overnight

2. rog strix battery dies overnight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    rog strix battery dies overnight: so i got a strix g17 4 days agoit has been dying overnight for the last 3 daysevent viewer says "kernel power" "the system returned from connected standby reason 53/reason power button/reason 16777229reinstalling windows yesterday didnt fix it***** moved from german to...
  3. rog strix battery dies overnight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rog strix battery dies overnight: so i got a strix g17 4 days agoit has been dying overnight for the last 3 daysevent viewer says "kernel power" "the system returned from connected standby reason 53/reason power button/reason 16777229reinstalling windows yesterday didnt fix it***** moved from german to...
  4. Windows 10 install died overnight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 install died overnight: Hello! When I woke up this morning I found that my desktop was in recovery mode. I've tried running startup repair, sfc /scannow, and chkdsk on my boot drive and I've had no luck. I have a laptop available so I made a Windows bootable USB and tried running the commands from...
  5. Windows 10 install died overnight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 install died overnight: Hello! When I woke up this morning I found that my desktop was in recovery mode. I've tried running startup repair, sfc /scannow, and chkdsk on my boot drive and I've had no luck. I have a laptop available so I made a Windows bootable USB and tried running the commands from...
  6. Windows 10 Crashes Overnight

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Crashes Overnight: For the past couple days I have noticed my PC has been rebooted when I begin my workday. Looking through the Event Viewer, and filtering for Event ID 6008 I can see 2 unexpected shutdowns. I also verified this within reliability monitor. There were 3 automatic updates on...
  7. Windows 10 Crashes occasionally overnight

Windows 10 Crashes occasionally overnight: Hi people My Windows 10 desktop crashes at random times, but always overnight when not in use - I presume when it enters sleep mode. Sometime I just get a restart prompt bios password and sometimes a BSOD with a variety of stop codes. I have run CHKDSK and SFC, scanned...
  8. Windows 10 apps corrupt overnight

Windows 10 apps corrupt overnight: Can someone give an idea of what is going on here, please? If I leave my laptop on overnight (in "sleep" mode), then by the time I come back to it in the morning, various programs or apps left open are now sluggish or crashed. Today, even Windows own Task Manager is...
  9. Windows 10 shuts down overnight

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 shuts down overnight: My computer has started shutting down every night, sometime in the middle of the night. This has been going on for several days. My documents and browser windows get closed and that's not okay. Did a recent update start causing this unwelcome behavior? It's annoying and I...
  10. Windows 10 install - pc died

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install - pc died: Hey. I was doing the windows 10 update when it got to 92% and my laptop turned off. It now won't turn back on. Not quite sure what to do. Any help will be greatly appreciated. 10572