Windows 10: Windows 10 install don't recognize NvMe M.2 SSD

Discus and support Windows 10 install don't recognize NvMe M.2 SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello team, I have a brand new Dell 5406 with Windows 10 Home installed. I am able to work on Windows 10 but it has some issues and I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by UnmeshGhawade, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Windows 10 install don't recognize NvMe M.2 SSD

Hello team,

I have a brand new Dell 5406 with Windows 10 Home installed. I am able to work on Windows 10 but it has some issues and I want to re-install it.

I have created a bootable Pen drive with help of MediaCreationTool20H2.

How do I fix it.

Windows 10 install don't recognize NvMe M.2 SSD 1bc8ab24-6320-442b-b7bb-166ea6a25976?upload=true.jpg

:)

UnmeshGhawade, Feb 14, 2021

2. NVME SSD

My MB is a crosshair vii hero with latest bios 2901.

The m.2 1 link mode is auto, gen 1, gen 2, gen 3

M.2 2 is the same. And in the boot section nvme is visible and enabled.

AdrianLucke72, Feb 14, 2021
  3. Windows is not recognizing an NVMe M.2 drive

Have Win 10Pro everything is fine except I can Not get a new NVMe M.2 to be recognized correctly by the OS it sees it as a SATA even though it is in a M.2 slot on Motherboard. I need more of an order of things to be done between the BIOS and Win 10. I
    installed a Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB drive in a Z270X Gaming 7 MB and Win 10 has a problem and it sees it and formatted it as a Sata with only a little less than 500g of space???

JohnBarsotti, Feb 14, 2021
  4. Windows 10 install don't recognize NvMe M.2 SSD

about intel optane memory + NVMe™ M.2 SSD

nitially

intel optane memory M10(16,32,64gb)PCIe NVMe M.2 3.0x2 was for accelerating 2.5'SATA mechanical HDD regardless of which generation intel CPUs.

also note :

not talking about Intel® Optane™ Memory H10 with Solid State Storage (32gb+1tb, 32gb+512gb ,16gb+256gb)PCIe NVMe3.0x4 that comes as a single m.2 drive which is mounted on single m.2 slot

but now why

intel optane memory M15(16,32,64gb)(PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4)is-- paired with --PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSDs {which is mounted on two differnt m.2 slots on 7th ,8th and 9th gen intel CPUs}

what is the purpose

ex: 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD + Intel® Optane™ memory 32 GB on (Intel® Core™ i7 9750H) seen from HPs Omen X 2S - 15 Gaming Laptop.

JelittThomas, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 install don't recognize NvMe M.2 SSD

1. Windows 10 install don't recognize NvMe M.2 SSD - Similar Threads - install don't recognize

2. Slow M.2 nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow M.2 nvme ssd: Hi.I have Lexar NM620 M.2 2280 256GB SSD.Recently when I checked my ssd's read and write speed I noticed a significant performance drop. This is how it used to be a month ago :And this is how it is now :I mean these speeds are not even SATA ssd speeds. Could you help me with...
  3. Windows installation tool not recognizing NVMe M.2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows installation tool not recognizing NVMe M.2: I have an Acer laptop, which it came with W10 pre-installed. I changed to Linux Mint, but recently I had to change it back to W10. The problem is, Windows Setup Tool does not list my SSD as a drive, I have a blank list instead written "No drives recognised"The SSD appears in...
  4. Windows installation tool not recognizing NVMe M.2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows installation tool not recognizing NVMe M.2: I have an Acer laptop, which it came with W10 pre-installed. I changed to Linux Mint, but recently I had to change it back to W10. The problem is, Windows Setup Tool does not list my SSD as a drive, I have a blank list instead written "No drives recognised"The SSD appears in...
  5. Windows installation tool not recognizing NVMe M.2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Upgrade m.2 NVMe 256GB SSD to a larger m.2 NVMe SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade m.2 NVMe 256GB SSD to a larger m.2 NVMe SSD: I have an HP EliteDesk 800 G5 Mini PC and would like to change the boot WD_Black SN720 256GB NVMe m.2 SSD for a WD_Black SN850 500GB NVMe m.2 SSD.There are 2 NVMe M.2 slots and already have installed a WD_Black SN750 1TB NVMe Internal SSD in the second slot as a Data...
  7. NVMe M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVMe M.2 SSD: Hello, I have the Asus Rog Rampage Extreme Omega motherboard, X299 chipset. Currently, I have the Samsung 970 Pro which is a PCIe 3.0x4. From what I understand my motherboard only supports up to PCIe3.0x4. I also understand that PCIe is backwards compatible. Therefore, if...
  8. Windows 10 installation on m.2 nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 installation on m.2 nvme ssd: Hi I am trying to install microsoft windows as a second OS on my brand new PC with M/B: Gigabyte z390 UD and M.2 nvme SSD. This is the only drive installed and it seems that windows cannot detect any drives on my computer, however fedora linux as well as any other works...
  9. Windows is not recognizing an NVMe M.2 drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows is not recognizing an NVMe M.2 drive: Have Win 10Pro everything is fine except I can Not get a new NVMe M.2 to be recognized correctly by the OS it sees it as a SATA even though it is in a M.2 slot on Motherboard. I need more of an order of things to be done between the BIOS and Win 10. I installed a Samsung 970...
  10. Windows not recognizing new m.2 NVME SSD but shows in BIOS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows not recognizing new m.2 NVME SSD but shows in BIOS: I purchased a crucial nvme m.2 ssd for my MSI GT73 Titan - It shows in the PCIE section of the BIOS but does not show in disk management - Also does not show up in Crucial's Storage Executive Application. My BIOS is the latest version. Any ideas?...