Windows 10: Windows 10 Install Error New Self Built PC

Discus and support Windows 10 Install Error New Self Built PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I recently put together a new PC, specs are: MOBO: ASUS Rog Strix Z390-E Gaming CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k 6-core 3.7GHz CPU Cooling:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ThayneTrain, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Install Error New Self Built PC

Hi all,

I recently put together a new PC, specs are:

MOBO: ASUS Rog Strix Z390-E Gaming

CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k 6-core 3.7GHz

CPU Cooling: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240R

RAM: 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (2x 8GB)

GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 6GB ROG Strix

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2

Storage: Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 2280 500GB / WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM

These parts were all new out of the box, posted, everything was detected - though M.2 was not in the bootable drives subsection of the UEFI/BIOS, and I have yet to plug in the WE Blue HDD. When I went to install Windows 10 Home Edition 32/64 USB RS everything seemed to be loading fine until the files loaded, and since then I've been getting an IMMEDIATE blue screen with error code 0xc000021a, and then the auto restart.

I've updated the MOBO firmware over ethernet and tried playing around with my UEFI settings; the M.2 is set to SATA, I initially set the CSM option to disabled for the initial boot and cleared out all of my secure boot keys, set the secure boot to Other OS, reset and booted from the MS USB, but the M.2 still won't show as a bootable option.

My only thought at the moment is to take the M.2 out, attempt to load windows onto the WE Blue, reset, install the M.2 and update the drivers for it, and then try to install windows onto the M.2. But I'm also not an expert in this matter and could very easily be missing something simple. Any information to help me out would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Thayne

:)

ThayneTrain, Dec 6, 2018
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Dec 6, 2018
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Install Error New Self Built PC

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Install Error New Self Built PC

1. Windows 10 Install Error New Self Built PC - Similar Threads - Install Error Self

2. Windows 11 install on new built PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 install on new built PC: I recently finished a new PC build. And was going to install Windows 11. When I start the install I get the message that the PC is not compatible to install Windows 11. My system specs is as follows,CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6 core 3.7 GHzMB Asus ROG Strix B550-A Gaming Memory...
  3. Windows 11 install on new built PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 install on new built PC: I recently finished a new PC build. And was going to install Windows 11. When I start the install I get the message that the PC is not compatible to install Windows 11. My system specs is as follows,CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6 core 3.7 GHzMB Asus ROG Strix B550-A Gaming Memory...
  4. Installing Windows 10 on new self built PC, freezes immediately on blue logo

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 on new self built PC, freezes immediately on blue logo: I just built a new desktop pc myself not my first one. When trying to install windows 10 from a bootable USB drive the installation/loading freezes right after starting at the blue logo. I tried different USB drives to make sure that wasn't the problem, also I tried...
  5. Installing Windows to a Self Built blank computer

Installing Windows to a Self Built blank computer: My 12 yo son has built a gaming PC. I have purched windows 10 veey cheap - i hope its legit and have been given a key. we are nor sure how to get this on a computer with no operating system. We assume to download onto UBS and then install but are stuck. please advise....
  6. Self-built computer - installing problems with Windows?

Self-built computer - installing problems with Windows?: [ATTACH] My boyfriend built a computer... I don't know how to help him... so I'm just gonna check in here. He has already downloaded a few more drivers from the internet...but they seem to be incompatible...as it seems to me and he's been trying out old hard...
  7. Clean Re-Install Win10 Self Built PC

Clean Re-Install Win10 Self Built PC: Hi all, I built a computer from scratch in 2016 and installed Windows 10 Pro using an OEM license that I purchased at the time. For various reasons, I wanted to do a clean sweep of the computer, and I've set up a USB drive to reinstall Windows and start from scratch that...
  8. Installing Windows 7 to new, built PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Windows 7 to new, built PC: I'm building a new PC and I was wondering if I can install my store bought Windows 7 (CD with couple more activation left) from years ago on to it. Will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 from there? submitted by /u/JiggaGoki [link] [comments]...
  9. New built PC, won't install windows 10

New built PC, won't install windows 10: Hi, I'm quite new in PC building. So i've started searching and build this: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zQgMCL Note: the ram is actually Corsair Vengeance 16gb2x8gb - 2400MHz Motherboard is supporting 3th gen ryzen, updated to the latest version....
  10. Install on brand new self-built computer, no 7 or 8 license

Install on brand new self-built computer, no 7 or 8 license: Hello, Can I install Preview version 10130 on a brand new computer I'm building myself, without any Win7 or 8 or 8.1 disk/license? If yes, will I have any license/activation problem when I replace the Preview with the purchased release Pro version (complete...