Windows 10: Windows 10 install fails at OOBE - missing files in setup

Discus and support Windows 10 install fails at OOBE - missing files in setup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm having loads of issues installing Windows 10 on a Windows 7 machine.Ended up doing a clean install, have attempted a couple of dozen times, each... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BJohnical, Sep 14, 2021.

1. BJohnical Win User

Windows 10 install fails at OOBE - missing files in setup

I'm having loads of issues installing Windows 10 on a Windows 7 machine.Ended up doing a clean install, have attempted a couple of dozen times, each time getting a little further.After some forum help and some BIOS tweeking, when I'm almost at the gate it keeps failing during OOBE.So I dig through the logs in C:\Windows\panther\UnattendGC\setupact.log after having to unlock them and it shows that setup is looking for files in a directory that does not exist.I am not sure how or why this problem exists, but an entire directory seems to be missing. Also not sure if that is exactly the issue b

:)

BJohnical, Sep 14, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 14, 2021
  3. LeonH1970 Win User
    Repeating OOBE setup for missed Windows 10 activation

Settings > Update and security > Activation shows "Hardware has changed" but I didn't change anything.

The device has just been unpacked.

The seller says that if an activation is missed during OOBE, the device must be reset to the factory settings and the initial setup must be repeated.

LeonH1970, Sep 14, 2021
  4. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Sep 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 install fails at OOBE - missing files in setup - Similar Threads - install fails OOBE

2. OOBE installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OOBE installation: Hallo, I'm trying to fresh install Windows 11 by using OOBE, at certain pint it still forces me to connect to a WIFI router. I want to be able to create a Microsoft account at my own disposal. Please illuminate me....
  3. OOBE installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OOBE installation: Hallo, I'm trying to fresh install Windows 11 by using OOBE, at certain pint it still forces me to connect to a WIFI router. I want to be able to create a Microsoft account at my own disposal. Please illuminate me....
  4. Windows 10 setup file fails to launch

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 setup file fails to launch: Upgrading from Win 7 Pro to Win 10, 64-bit. Downloaded to upgrade file but Setup app won't run. Error: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-setup-file-fails-to-launch/97e7c6c0-57a4-4276-96a5-f3d609288229
  5. Windows 10 setup file fails to launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 setup file fails to launch: Upgrading from Win 7 Pro to Win 10, 64-bit. Downloaded to upgrade file but Setup app won't run. Error: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-setup-file-fails-to-launch/97e7c6c0-57a4-4276-96a5-f3d609288229
  6. Windows 10 setup file fails to launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Repeating OOBE setup for missed Windows 10 activation

Repeating OOBE setup for missed Windows 10 activation: I bought a refurbished computer and unfortunately missed the Windows activation when setting up without an internet connection. According to the seller's brief instructions, the computer must be connected to the Internet during the OOBE setup: "Activation of Windows will...
  8. Windows 10 OOBE fails with error causing incomplete setup

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 OOBE fails with error causing incomplete setup: [ATTACH]If when you start a new Windows 10 computer for the first time and the Windows OOBE (Out-Of-Box Experience) fails to complete with an error […] This article Windows 10 OOBE fails with error causing incomplete setup first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Windows 10 Installer OOBE errors

Windows 10 Installer OOBE errors: I incorrectly installed Lubuntu on this laptop and critically damaged Windows 10. I've removed Lubuntu and downloaded the Windows 10 Media Creation tool and used it to create a Windows 10 installer on what is effectively a flash drive. It's actually an 8GB SD Card in a USB...
  10. Oobe install windows 10 ent. Ltsc with answer file

Oobe install windows 10 ent. Ltsc with answer file: Hi everybody, I'm new in the forum, and hope you can help me! I've been using an automatic deploy automation for the images of the computers we install in the machines we build, with windows 7. I used an answer file created with windows aik, and worked perfectly for years...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. missing folder 00BE windows 10