Windows 10: Windows 10 install freezes

Discus and support Windows 10 install freezes in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Hope someone can help .When I try to install Windows 10 update, the installation freezes at 91% Setting configuration. (67% overall). I do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Macdonald55, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Windows 10 install freezes

Hello, Hope someone can help .When I try to install Windows 10 update, the installation freezes at 91% Setting configuration. (67% overall). I do not get any error message. I have tried various ways, Clean boot, Media creation tool etc. I have left the computer 4 hours in case it was not frozen, even though I could not detect any HDD activity.
    The machine does not revert back to windows 7 as it says it is doing, but instead I get a black scree telling me status 0xC000000e . "Info boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible." Looking this up it would seem to indicate the winload exe is missing or corrupt. I do not have any problem booting up my machine, normally, but was wondering, if it could be that, there is something wrong with my MBR and that is why, perhaps ( I am clutching at straws) windows 10 will not install.
    The windows rescue disk, does not get me back, as when asking for a repair, there is no C drive showing, so I revert to my good old Acronis software. Without which I would be in big trouble.Do you think anyone may be able to help me.?Thanks. Jo

:)

Macdonald55, Sep 6, 2015
  2. koehlo Win User
    koehlo, Sep 6, 2015
  3. SashoKico Win User
    gateway with windows 10 and every 5-10 minutes it freezes

I have a gateway with installed windows 10 and every 5-10 freezes and must restart and I have a fan underneath placed but still freezes . thank you.

SashoKico, Sep 6, 2015
  4. Windows 10 install freezes

Wish I had good news, but I don't. Ran into much the same problems trying to upgrade an HP laptop to Win 10 Home. Update froze part way through and would not revert to Win7. Tried all the different methods: Windows Update, Media Creation Tool using Upgrade option, upgrade from USB stick made from Media Creation Tool -- same results. Had to restore PC from Recovery Media obtained rom HP to get a working machine back.

Has been suggested that the following issues could all be at play:
    1) Presence of HP software on the machine (obviously, does not affect your situation)
    2) Presence of Norton Antivirus on the machine
    3) Presence of OEM version of Win7 Home Premium on the machine
    4) Presence of 100MB System Reserved partition on the machine

However, with the exception of Norton AV, I've read about other folks' PC with one or more of the other issues but upgraded just fine.

Mark Phelps, Sep 6, 2015
  5. Thanks for your reply. I use M/S security essentials for my AV. Uninstalled it one time same result. I do not know about OEM version of W 7. I have a disk,so is that ok? Do not have any partitions on my HDD. Jo

Macdonald55, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 install freezes

1. Windows 10 install freezes - Similar Threads - install freezes

2. Registry key path freezes which results in an error when installing some apps can't access...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry key path freezes which results in an error when installing some apps can't access...: Hi everybody,I have an asus tuf a 15 and recently I had issues with one of the registry keys.When I open the registry and go to the specified path the registry freezes and becomes unresponsive and I have to force close it... I have tried everything possible. I tried using...
  3. Registry key path freezes which results in an error when installing some apps can't access...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry key path freezes which results in an error when installing some apps can't access...: Hi everybody,I have an asus tuf a 15 and recently I had issues with one of the registry keys.When I open the registry and go to the specified path the registry freezes and becomes unresponsive and I have to force close it... I have tried everything possible. I tried using...
  4. Windows 10 install freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 install freezing: I'm having a problem where whenever I try to get to the boot drive with the windows installer, it freezes on the asus spinning circle. I built a new computer recently and have been having this problem where the PC runs and gets to the bios everything is fine, but when I...
  5. Windows 10 install freezing

Windows 10 install freezing: I'm having a problem where whenever I try to get to the boot drive with the windows installer, it freezes on the asus spinning circle. I built a new computer recently and have been having this problem where the PC runs and gets to the bios everything is fine, but when I...
  6. Windows 10 install freezing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Just installed GTA 5 on PC once loading it will start to freeze and the PC will restart it self

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just installed GTA 5 on PC once loading it will start to freeze and the PC will restart it self: Just installed GTA 5 on PC once loading it will start to freeze and the PC will restart it self https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-installed-gta-5-on-pc-once-loading-it-will/5008bbf1-35d4-4282-8ae3-051eb6f83cf6
  8. Just installed GTA 5 on PC once loading it will start to freeze and the PC will restart it self

Just installed GTA 5 on PC once loading it will start to freeze and the PC will restart it self: Just installed GTA 5 on PC once loading it will start to freeze and the PC will restart it self https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-installed-gta-5-on-pc-once-loading-it-will/5008bbf1-35d4-4282-8ae3-051eb6f83cf6
  9. Fairly new install of Windows 11 with unexpected freezes/crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fairly new install of Windows 11 with unexpected freezes/crashes: Been having a issue with the computer just freezing in the middle of playing a game, specifically Path of Exile. I recently changed its graphic settings from DX12 to Vulkan and it seems to have solved it as far as that goes, but I will still get random freezes and crashes...
  10. Fairly new install of Windows 11 with unexpected freezes/crashes

Fairly new install of Windows 11 with unexpected freezes/crashes: Been having a issue with the computer just freezing in the middle of playing a game, specifically Path of Exile. I recently changed its graphic settings from DX12 to Vulkan and it seems to have solved it as far as that goes, but I will still get random freezes and crashes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 freezes on install

2. windows 10 install freezes 67%