Windows 10: Windows 10 install from dead hard drive

Discus and support Windows 10 install from dead hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is there a way to transfer my windows 10 and other files which live on a dead hard drive directly onto a new hard drive which i have mounted into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dadibones, Dec 22, 2018.

1. dadibones Win User

Windows 10 install from dead hard drive

Is there a way to transfer my windows 10 and other files which live on a dead hard drive directly onto a new hard drive which i have mounted into the laptop the dead hdd came out of? I removed the dead hdd and used a sata to usb cable to check if my files are still on the old drive on a friends laptop and they are there. Since this drive is now out of my laptop can i use it as an external drive and download its contents (including windows 10) directly onto my new drive in the laptop? I tried to add a file to the dead drive and it would not take it.

:)

dadibones, Dec 22, 2018
  2. little cat, Dec 22, 2018
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Dec 22, 2018
  4. Windows 10 install from dead hard drive

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 install from dead hard drive

1. Windows 10 install from dead hard drive - Similar Threads - install dead hard

2. How to install Windows 10 Pro from a dead hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install Windows 10 Pro from a dead hard drive: A hard drive containing my windows 10 pro OS died, and I would like to remove that device from my Microsoft account and install the OS on a new hard drive using the same product key. Where can I find this product key on my Microsoft account?Can I install this on my new...
  3. How to install Windows 10 Pro from a dead hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install Windows 10 Pro from a dead hard drive: A hard drive containing my windows 10 pro OS died, and I would like to remove that device from my Microsoft account and install the OS on a new hard drive using the same product key. Where can I find this product key on my Microsoft account?Can I install this on my new...
  4. How to install Windows 10 Pro from a dead hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Is my hard drive dead?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is my hard drive dead?: Context: my computer is 12 years old and just recently when force shutting it down after it crashing from opening a program while making weird beeping noises whenever I press any keyboard input or click my mouse. When booted up, it seemed to be stuck on a black screen so I...
  6. Dead hard drive with activated windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dead hard drive with activated windows: Recently, my hard drive died with windows 10 home installed on it. I do not have the key for it however, because it was a laptop that included a copy of windows 10. I was wondering if there was any way that i would be able to install it on the new hard drive, which is taking...
  7. Dead Hard Drive. Is it a Virus?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dead Hard Drive. Is it a Virus?: I was having trouble with my laptop which I could not sort out. I decided to take out my hard drive and check it on another laptop using a sata/usb lead. I could not read the drive as it asked me if I wanted to format it. Where has my data gone and is the drive dead and could...
  8. Dead Hard Drive Installing New One

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dead Hard Drive Installing New One: I have the product key from the old hard drive but won't let me use it on the new install. Also, it wouldn't let me get past I don't have a product key page....
  9. Recover windows from dead hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recover windows from dead hard drive: Hello there, I have a Huawei Matebook x whose hard drive is dead and won't boot. Nor am I able to get into the recovery for reset. I know I will have to replace the ssd and do a fresh windows install. I don't have a recovery disc or usb either. I was wondering if 1) there...
  10. Can I move Windows 10 from a dead hard drive to a new drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I move Windows 10 from a dead hard drive to a new drive?: I purchased a refurbished computer that came with Windows 7 preinstalled. I upgraded to Windows 10 when the upgrade became available. I have made regular backups of my data, but not Windows itself. The hard drive just died. Is there a way to move my copy of Windows 10...