Windows 10: windows 10 install from usb freezes on the blue logo

Discus and support windows 10 install from usb freezes on the blue logo in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I bout a new computer never had an OS installed on it. I used the windows media creator to create an installer on a USB 64 bit, and after that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by eyalne, Mar 5, 2020.

1. eyalne Win User

windows 10 install from usb freezes on the blue logo

Hi,

I bout a new computer never had an OS installed on it.

I used the windows media creator to create an installer on a USB 64 bit, and after that I tried installing it on my new computer.

I opened my BIOS change it so it will boot from the USB, and then "saved & exit" from the BIOS. then I turned on the computer he booted from it and freeze on the blue logo and the loading dots, when I change it to boot in UEFI he gat stuck in the ASUS logo.

my specs are:

intel core i5 9600k 3.7Ghz 9MB

ASUS prime H310M-E r2.0

Kingston ValueRam 8GB DDR4 2400MHz

Asus GT730 2GB GDDR5

Kingston A400 240GB SSD SATA 3

WD Caviar Blue 1TB

I really need your help.

thanks in advance :

:)

eyalne, Mar 5, 2020

2. Installation Hangs at Blue Windows Logo, Error Code C1900101-20017

The BIOS update suggestion posted above by @Jegler helped me, @guhanath. I was on version 1.10 and updated to 1.90. The steps I took after that were just doing the official Windows 10 upgrade procedure.

Then the Windows 10 installation went without a hitch, and I'm no longer on Windows 7. I'm going to consider this solved, thank you @Jelger for the suggestion to update the BIOS!

KingDecimator, Mar 5, 2020
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Mar 5, 2020
  4. windows 10 install from usb freezes on the blue logo

Windows 10 Install stuck at Blue Logo Box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If you are unable to boot to the computer and installation get stuck at blue logo box then I would suggest you to create installation media and then try to per form automatic repair and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Step 1: Create ISO for Windows 10

You may also refer to the article mentioned below to for downloading Windows 10 on your computer.

Download Windows 10

Step 2: Perform an Automatic repair

The Automatic repair can detect and fix the issues that prevent the computer from working normally.

After you have a Windows 10 installation disc/USB, follow these steps:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be F12.
    • The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.
    • Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to CD\DVD ROM
      (in case you create DVD). Select USB in case you create USB.
    • After you boot your computer using Windows DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press
      any key to boot from CD or DVD
      ". Press any key.
    • Select the correct time and Keyboard type.
    • Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and
      then click Startup Repair.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 install from usb freezes on the blue logo

1. windows 10 install from usb freezes on the blue logo - Similar Threads - install usb freezes

2. Windows 10 Installer usb hanging at logo.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Installer usb hanging at logo.: New pc build, trying to do a clean install of windows 10. Created installer usb using the tool on MS website. USB was formatted GPT FAT32, 16gb capacity. Upon booting to bios menu the usb drive is seen - showing 2 partitions, one labelled UEFI, one not. Trying to boot to...
  3. Windows 10 installation from usb gets stuck on the Windows logo

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 installation from usb gets stuck on the Windows logo: I have built an entirely new PC about a week ago and since then I have been struggling with installing Windows on it. I have setup a USB stick with the installation using the MediaCreationTool. Then with the USB stick plugged in the new PC and setting the boot order to the...
  4. Installing Windows 10 on new self built PC, freezes immediately on blue logo

Installing Windows 10 on new self built PC, freezes immediately on blue logo: I just built a new desktop pc myself not my first one. When trying to install windows 10 from a bootable USB drive the installation/loading freezes right after starting at the blue logo. I tried different USB drives to make sure that wasn't the problem, also I tried...
  5. stuck on blue logo when booting from usb

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    stuck on blue logo when booting from usb: I tried to download windows 10 from the website it paused/failed multiple times but the sha256 checksum was okay and it wasn't corrupt so I used rufus. But when I boot from the usb I get stuck on the logo Ryzen processor , no igpu Radeon graphics The installation works...
  6. Windows 10 install: Booting from usb freezes

Windows 10 install: Booting from usb freezes: I cannot boot Windows from my bootable USB drive. I've tried multiple drives with no luck. I have tried disabling and enabling CSM and disabled fast boot but still can't get it. I keep getting to a screen with the windows logo and the loading dots but then everything freezes....
  7. Windows 10 installation usb freeze's at windows logo

Windows 10 installation usb freeze's at windows logo: Hello When trying to set-up a new PC, me and a friend encountered a rather annoying issue. We created a bootable usb using the microsoft media creation tool. We did not receive any warnings or errors so we assume the creation was sucesfull. Now when trying to boot over...
  8. Windows 10 Clean install from USB freezes

Windows 10 Clean install from USB freezes: I recently wanted to upgrade my computer, so I bought a motherboard (Gigabyte B360M D3H) and a processor (i7-9700K). Since I was changing my mobo, I thought I could do a clean install of W10 on my SSD (that I formated). So I used the Media Creation Tool on my USB drive....
  9. Windows 10 USB Installer Stuck On Blue Logo

Windows 10 USB Installer Stuck On Blue Logo: Hi! I'm desperately trying to format my laptop and install brand-new Windows 10 on it. At first, I downloaded Microsoft's Media Creation Tool and tried to upgrade my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. The installation failed saying: 0xC1900101 - 0x20017 The installation...
  10. Clean install on new build from usb. Blue screen after Win 10 logo.

Clean install on new build from usb. Blue screen after Win 10 logo.: Hey guys, so I have kicked around and have had little luck finding this issue, but for two mentions, one here and on reddit, where a dvd in the optical drive was causing the issue. This build has no optical drive. I've played w/ several boot settings (such as making sure...