Windows 10: Windows 10 install from USB in new build keeps looping

Discus and support Windows 10 install from USB in new build keeps looping in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to install Windows 10 Pro from a USB on a new system build: Asus X570 Tuf Gaming + MB Ryzen 9 3900X CPU 3 different drives - 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Moryzen, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Moryzen Win User

Windows 10 install from USB in new build keeps looping

Hello,

I am trying to install Windows 10 Pro from a USB on a new system build:

Asus X570 Tuf Gaming + MB

Ryzen 9 3900X CPU

3 different drives - 2 M.2 NVMe drives (500GB, 1TB) and one SATA SSD (8TB)

Here are the steps I have taken to install the OS on the 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD drive:

1) I put in the USB stick, and turn on the computer.

2) A splash screen says "hit F2 or DEL to enter UEFI Bios setting", but nothing happens no matter how many times I hit F2 or DEL.

3) I get a "American Megatrends" AMBIOS screen, that lists a bunch of info - my proc, drives, etc that were detected. And "Press F1 to Run SETUP", so I hit F1, and this takes me to the UEFI BIOS Utility screen/UI.

4) I enable Compatibility Support Module, and choose "UEFI" for all the devices.

5) From the boot menu, I choose the "UEFI: KDI-MSFT Windows 10 PMAP, Partition 1 (15.5 GB)" option, which is the USB stick, and it brings up the Windows install screen.

6) I run custom install, and choose "Drive 1" as a location to install Windows. It goes through the whole install, and then says it needs to restart the computer, but when it restarts, it goes back to STEP # 3 above!

7) I put "Windows Boot Manager (M.2_1: Samsung SSD 970 EVO 500GB)" as the first option in Boot Priority, and go through STEP # 5 and # 6 (have to delete all partitions in Drive 1 from last attempted install) and try to re-install Windows to that drive. Then it goes back to STEP # 3.

So I am in this infinite loop that I cannot get out of, and have looked up tons of videos and gone over other people's reports on this, but cannot find a solution to my problem.

I am sure I am missing something small but very important, but I am at a loss as to what that is. Any one have any ideas ? Thanks so much in advance!

:)

Moryzen, Nov 10, 2019
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Nov 10, 2019
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Nov 10, 2019
  4. Windows 10 install from USB in new build keeps looping

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 install from USB in new build keeps looping

1. Windows 10 install from USB in new build keeps looping - Similar Threads - install USB build

2. [HELP] New PC build - unable to install windows 11 on bootable USB on a reboot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [HELP] New PC build - unable to install windows 11 on bootable USB on a reboot loop: Hi everyone, thanks for your time to read this:I have a new PC build and have two NVME M.2 drives only.When I try to install windows 11 I even tried 10 with a bootable USB, I get to the windows logo and then the loading circle briefly and then the PC just restarts. This...
  3. Can't Install Windows from Official USB on New Build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Install Windows from Official USB on New Build: After multiple attempts I am here. Having just completed a new build Asus Prime z490-a / Intel 10900k / Samsung 970 Evo M.2 I of course intended to install windows next. I have an official USB that was sealed with a product key card. No mater what I do all I get to is a black...
  4. Windows 10 new install from USB just loops

Windows 10 new install from USB just loops: I am remotely mentoring a middle school student who is building his own gaming PC SATA SSD drive, no CD. We successfully installed Windows 10 from a USB drive onto his virgin SSD. The Windows ran fine, he was ecstatic. We then updated Windows, and went on to update the...
  5. Windows 10 install keeps looping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 install keeps looping: Hi all, Im running a windows 10 setup on a VM. After the the setup reaches the part where they ask if I want Cortana to be activated. It doesnt matter which option i choose, the setup goes back to the part where they ask for the region. The weird part is that i cant re-use...
  6. Windows 10 clean installation keeps not completing for nth time from a new build

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 clean installation keeps not completing for nth time from a new build: submitted by /u/_ifrit [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gy7178/windows_10_clean_installation_keeps_not/
  7. New PC build new window usb not installing

New PC build new window usb not installing: Built my son a new gaming pc, have done a few of these but brand new windows usb install key wont install, will make a new key but hoping issue is fixable as new key not cheap...
  8. Windows 10 install keep looping

Windows 10 install keep looping: While install windows 10, its keep looping at this step after restart, again and again and again, what should i do?[IMG][IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-install-keep-looping/36b29312-8ff8-4b4f-ac06-1c88f0b2586f
  9. Not able to install Windows 10 retail USB on new build

Not able to install Windows 10 retail USB on new build: I just put together a new build and I'm not able to install Windows 10 from an official retail USB. I have an ASUS Z270F Gaming motherboard. I am able to boot from USB. Once I do I get this screen: https://i.imgur.com/dhtKdYb.jpg After I choose 64bit it loads files for a...
  10. unable to clean install windows 10 from usb on home build - boot loop

unable to clean install windows 10 from usb on home build - boot loop: Hello, I just build a new machine with a Gigabyte B85M-D3H mobo, Intel Pentium G3258 CPU, 4GB Corsair Value Select DDR3 1333 and 120GB Samsung EVO SSD. I now want to clean install Windows 10 Home (64-bit) from USB drive (created with media creation tool), but the machine...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus x570 netwtw06.sys