Windows 10: Windows 10 Install HELP: We couldn't find any drives

Discus and support Windows 10 Install HELP: We couldn't find any drives in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to install a fresh Windows 10 on a computer that I am recently trying to restore. I have 2 USBs to work with. I am using one of them for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rise FLaMe, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Install HELP: We couldn't find any drives

I am trying to install a fresh Windows 10 on a computer that I am recently trying to restore. I have 2 USBs to work with. I am using one of them for the Installation Media and one as a storage device 32GB USB 3.1. I am able to boot into windows install, however when I reach the page to choose a storage device to install windows on, nothing shows. And I get the error message "We couldn't find any drives. To get a Storage driver, click Load Drivers".

The number one question I have is, can I use a USB as a storage device? I have tried numerous things online such as changing the USB port, trying to install Intel drivers, going into Command Prompt and doing the diskpart commands. None of them seem to work and I still get the same error.

A couple of things that I have noticed is that when I plug in an SSD that I use for a different PC, it show up to use. And, when I go into Command Prompt and type "Diskpart" "List Disks", my USB shows with none or barely any free storage even though I 100% have nothing on it and I have done the Clean command. When I load the USB into another PC it shows I have nothing on it and free 28.5GB storage.

Thank you in advance for any help! :

:)

Rise FLaMe, Nov 15, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 15, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Nov 15, 2020
  4. Walo71a Win User

Windows 10 Install HELP: We couldn't find any drives

Update KB4550961 couldn´t be installed

Hi! I´ve tried hard to install KB 4550961 unsuccessfully. Even run this or that in order to correct whatever the problem might be.

However, after restart it appears “Updates couldn’t be installed” on the screen. Running Scannow and Restorehealth as Administrator didn´t work either.

I´ve also gone step by step thru “Fix Windows Update errors” steps 1 to 5. I´m reluctant to follow Step 6 Reset or Reinstall Windows – Refresh is not included - because I´m afraid I might loss some stuff important, though I created
    a restoration point and a USB recovery drive, just in case.

Walo71a, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Install HELP: We couldn't find any drives

1. Windows 10 Install HELP: We couldn't find any drives - Similar Threads - Install HELP couldn't

2. We couldn't find any drives solution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldn't find any drives solution: Hi Microsoft,I am dhanraj i am trying toh install win 7 on my win 11 pc but while installing the drives are not showing and in the down side, the written text is coming we couldn't load drive to get a storage something this type of text pls Microsoft help me with this...
  3. We couldn't find any drives solution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldn't find any drives solution: Hi Microsoft,I am dhanraj i am trying toh install win 7 on my win 11 pc but while installing the drives are not showing and in the down side, the written text is coming we couldn't load drive to get a storage something this type of text pls Microsoft help me with this...
  4. We couldn't find any drives solution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. We couldn't find any drives ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldn't find any drives ?: problem when I put windows 10 on my E41-25 government laptop. I also tried sata raid but it doesn't work.pls help me to find drives kindly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-couldnt-find-any-drives/be6537f2-c35a-47df-bff8-212d3ccabbcd
  6. We couldn't find any drives ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldn't find any drives ?: problem when I put windows 10 on my E41-25 government laptop. I also tried sata raid but it doesn't work.pls help me to find drives kindly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-couldnt-find-any-drives/be6537f2-c35a-47df-bff8-212d3ccabbcd
  7. We couldn't find any drives ?

8. We couldnt find any drives, windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    We couldnt find any drives, windows 10 installation: I just wanted to install windows 10 from dvd and when i want to install it says i dont have any hard drive you can see in images. In boot menu i can see my HDD but in windows installtion can not find it. Imgur: The magic of the Internet Imgur: The magic of the Internet 122528
  9. Installing now on new SSD and getting "We couldn't find any drives..."

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing now on new SSD and getting "We couldn't find any drives...": Why is this SSD not showing in the "Where do you want to install Windows" area of setup? 116230
  10. We couldn't find any drives.

We couldn't find any drives.: So i just built a brand new pc. However, when trying to install windows 10 i ran into an error where it could not detect any drives. I tried using opening command prompt and using diskpart and then list disk to see if it can detect it at all. I noticed that it found it but it...