Windows 10: Windows 10 Install is corrupted. No permissions to PC. I am administrator of PC, Random...

Discus and support Windows 10 Install is corrupted. No permissions to PC. I am administrator of PC, Random... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Really need some help here, only pc for work as I am stuck at home COVID. Current Issue: So my PC is for the most part is working, but permissions to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by svendysthe, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Install is corrupted. No permissions to PC. I am administrator of PC, Random...

Really need some help here, only pc for work as I am stuck at home COVID.

Current Issue:

So my PC is for the most part is working, but permissions to my PC are totally broken. It's causing various issues such as: deleting files, settings crashing, random crashes, can't change permissions, etc.

I can't give myself any permissions to /Program Files/, /Program Filesx86/, /Windows/, /etc/, /etc/. This problem stems from me trying to fix the permission problem I just described. I tried deleting a .xml filepending.xml under "C:\Windows\WinSxS" in which I don't have permissions to. The .xml file is preventing me from running "sfc.exe /SCANNOW". I think I know this because when I run the sfc command I get the following error:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc.exe /SCANNOW

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

There is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete. Restart

Windows and run sfc again.

So I tried fixing this error by deleting the .xml files under "C:\Windows\WinSxS\", but again I was denied due to permissions.

What I have tried:

- Reinstalled Windows FULL RESET. I fully reset everything and all files, etc. I activated my Windows 10 Pro account with my microsoft account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** This makes me think it has to do with some sync issue on microsoft's side if that's even a thing.

- Went to root folder of "\WinSxS\" which is "C:Windows" and tried to give myself the permissions to "C:Windows". In the image I attached, you can see that I have full control of "C:\Windows\" unless I am not understanding something here.... Image:https://imgur.com/a/p5Px1fJ

Weird bug caused by this: BUG IMAGE

I am totally lost and don't know what to do from here. I don't want to have to downgrade to stable stream of windows 10. I really love the features of the insider program counterintuitive, I know.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

:)

svendysthe, Jul 31, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jul 31, 2020
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Install is corrupted. No permissions to PC. I am administrator of PC, Random...

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Install is corrupted. No permissions to PC. I am administrator of PC, Random...

1. Windows 10 Install is corrupted. No permissions to PC. I am administrator of PC, Random... - Similar Threads - Install corrupted permissions

2. PC Doesn't allow me administrator permissions after fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Doesn't allow me administrator permissions after fresh install: I am unable to change power management settings on my PC which I am an administrator on. I reinstalled windows 3 hours prior and I'm pretty sure it happened because of me disabling certain edge shortcuts...
  3. PC Doesn't allow me administrator permissions after fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Doesn't allow me administrator permissions after fresh install: I am unable to change power management settings on my PC which I am an administrator on. I reinstalled windows 3 hours prior and I'm pretty sure it happened because of me disabling certain edge shortcuts...
  4. I am the administrator yet it shows that PC is managed by organisation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am the administrator yet it shows that PC is managed by organisation: I am the administrator/owner of my computer but I get frequent alerts like this...so when i click on settings to change it... this alert pops upeven in Google Chrome I can see the same...
  5. I am the administrator yet it shows that PC is managed by organisation

I am the administrator yet it shows that PC is managed by organisation: I am the administrator/owner of my computer but I get frequent alerts like this...so when i click on settings to change it... this alert pops upeven in Google Chrome I can see the same...
  6. I am the administrator of the PC but I can't install and uninstall programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am the administrator of the PC but I can't install and uninstall programs: I want to ask help for this problem. After I upgraded from Windows 11, a few days this message shows up whenever I try to Install a new program or even if I tried o uninstall anything I don't need now....
  7. I am the administrator of the PC but I can't install and uninstall programs

I am the administrator of the PC but I can't install and uninstall programs: I want to ask help for this problem. After I upgraded from Windows 11, a few days this message shows up whenever I try to Install a new program or even if I tried o uninstall anything I don't need now....
  8. I AM TRYING TO INSTALL WINDOWS 10 ON MY PC,

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I AM TRYING TO INSTALL WINDOWS 10 ON MY PC,: I AM TRYING TO INSTALL WINDOWS 10 ON MY PC, I USED RUFUS AND DID NOT WORK.I FINALLY FOUND THE MICROSOFT MEDIA CREATION TOOL, SOMEHOW IT MANAGED TO RUN INSTALLATION BUT WHEN ITS ALMOST DONE, SUDDENLY MY PC SHUTS DOWN. I HAVE TRIED A LOT OF TIMES, I ONLY USED THE HDD AS THE...
  9. I am an idiot and messed up the permissions on my PC.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am an idiot and messed up the permissions on my PC.: [ATTACH] When i got this PC a couple years back, i didn't really set up a user properly. So it just logs in as "HOME". Everything was working fine until i removed myself as an Administrator. Now when i go into Users and find HOME, im not even a member of the Users group....
  10. Administrator Permissions Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator Permissions Windows 10: I recently purchased an Acer Aspire E 15 and am running Windows 10 behind Classic Shell (as I am not fond of recent Windows formats - I'd prefer going back to 3.1, but that's a different issue). I have a number of programs that I am trying to run, VueMinder Lite for example....