Windows 10: Windows 10 Install : Monitor out of range

Discus and support Windows 10 Install : Monitor out of range in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey guys, I am trying to clean install windows 10. I already have windows 7 64 installed on my system. But when i try to boot from the USB Flash... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TechSandvich, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Install : Monitor out of range

Hey guys,

I am trying to clean install windows 10. I already have windows 7 64 installed on my system. But when i try to boot from the USB Flash Drive the windows 10 logo shows up with the rotating dots and then the monitor displays the following message : "Out of range / 85kHz / 60HZ". Anyone with the same problem ?

I have a Monitor with a resolution of 1360 x 768 / 60Hz.
    FYI : I am also using a custom VGA cable instead of the one i got with the monitor

PS : I never faced this problem while installing any other version of windows

Thanks,

:)

TechSandvich, Aug 6, 2015
  2. PC1_247 Win User

Monitor - Out of Range

When i play games my display is `restarting`.I still hear the game sounds but my monitor is black.First it is saying no signal and after 3 minutes say out of range v frequency.I am using Windows 10 Pro.I tried to change the screen refresh rate but when
    i try to move from 59 to 60 hz it`s going back to 59.I press apply , keep changes and ok.What should i do?.I tried to update my driver but it`s saying that is the best version for my driver.

PC1_247, Aug 6, 2015
  3. PC1_247 Win User
    Monitor - Out of Range

Everything is on recommended settings and i already tried to use low resolution without succes.Any options?

Edit: I tried again with low resolution ad it succed but i still have same problem with no signal.

PC1_247, Aug 6, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Install : Monitor out of range

I have the same problem but am upgrading from 7 Ultimate - process was finished, but upon reboot get the blue Windows icon and circling dots for a few seconds then black screen with "out of range" message. Since I can't see anything, I can't adjust the resolution/timing that the Upgrade changed to be out of range - the monitor and video card were working perfectly before the Upgrade. Tried booting from Windows 10 DVD created from ISO, but after a short while it hands back off to the hard drive installation and "out of range" again. I need a way to get into Safe Mode to correct the issue. Surely someone has a fix - I'm dead in the water, and a clean install would be too painful (and unnecessary for professional grade software).

COdesperado, Aug 12, 2015
  5. It probably means your system display card settings are too high for your monitor.

Boot your system into safe mode and set the display settings lower.
    You should be able to adjust the vertical frequency down to 60hz or 72hz.
    If this isn't the solution then go to the monitor tab and load a generic monitor driver.

Windows 10 Install : Monitor out of range [​IMG]

teachermark, Aug 12, 2015
  6. You don't understand - I'm looking at a black screen - I can't see or do anything in this state, including (so far) gain access to Safe Mode.

7. Try a different cable...

8. Windows 10 Install : Monitor out of range

To activate Win 10 you'll need to upgrade from a activated copy of Win 7 first and then do a clean install from the Win 10 upgrade. Make sure you use the Media Creation Tool to do both the upgrade & clean install.

fracking4oil, Aug 12, 2015
  9. So you are suggesting the cable went bad during the Upgrade...*Wink

I don't think so. This is a software setting on the video card problem - I just can't get to a GUI to fix it.

10. NavyLCDR New Member
    Do you have an older monitor or can borrow an older monitor from someone? A different TV that you could connect via HDMI?

NavyLCDR, Aug 12, 2015
  11. Please read my lips - this is not a hardware issue - thanks

12. So... you won't try a different cable and you won't try a different monitor!

How do you know if you are staring at a black screen?
    The generic driver Microsoft uses to install the OS may have changed your original settings... or not!

But your hardware isn't working, right?

Good luck with that black screen.

13. NavyLCDR New Member

Windows 10 Install : Monitor out of range

Read my lips - you can't adjust anything in the software until you have a monitor that you can see that software on. You connect a different monitor and Windows 10 will detect a different monitor make a resolution and frequency adjustment and maybe give you a screen that you can see and then maybe then you can make software adjustments.

To quote teachermark - Good luck with that black screen.

NavyLCDR, Aug 12, 2015
  14. bobkn Win User
    I haven't tried it in 10, but for older versions of Windows, the display settings could be set in Safe Mode.

Microsoft, in their wisdom, eliminated the use of the F8 key to boot into Safe Mode. Supposedly you can cause the machine to give you the option to boot into Safe Mode by shutting it down by killing the power (holding down the PC's power button). This may take 3 tries.

Good luck.

bobkn, Aug 12, 2015
  15. I think you're misunderstanding the problem he's having. He's simply trying to boot to a USB drive, he hasn't installed anything at this point.

fracking4oil, Aug 12, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Install : Monitor out of range

1. Windows 10 Install : Monitor out of range - Similar Threads - Install Monitor range

2. Monitor showing out of range .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor showing out of range .: Hello sir, I am using Asus monitor 22 inch . But when i am install windows i used dell small monitor. It's successfully installed. And running better . But the problem is when i am change my monitor asus After star my computer it shows out of range . And i cant go into safe...
  3. Monitor showing out of range .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor showing out of range .: Hello sir, I am using Asus monitor 22 inch . But when i am install windows i used dell small monitor. It's successfully installed. And running better . But the problem is when i am change my monitor asus After star my computer it shows out of range . And i cant go into safe...
  4. Monitor showing out of range .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Monitor out of range

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor out of range: I use a dual monitor, one connected through HDMI with a 1920x1080 resolution and the other through a vga to displayport adapter, with a 1366x768 resolution.A few weeks back my adapter for the 2nd monitor stopped working so I bought a new one, the problem is that when I...
  6. Second monitor "out of range"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor "out of range": Hello, I'm trying to connect a second monitor to my laptop but when I plug the VGA cable my screen black and the second monitor displays "out of range". I'm using a VGA to HDMI conversion cable. The monitor says "no signal" when the cable isn't connected. I've already...
  7. "Out of range" Monitor

"Out of range" Monitor: Today, after 6 months of using my second monitor LG 27MK60TM-B with my ASUS ZenBook UX330UA-AH55, the LG monitor now reads "out of range." I connected my computer to a different monitor, and the picture is awful, but it works. I tried reinstalling the graphics card drivers,...
  8. Second monitor 'out of range'

Second monitor 'out of range': Hello, I have recently bought a second monitor for my homeoffice to use in a dual monitor set-up. When I connect the second monitor, it is recognised by Windows and set with the right frequency and resolution but the display says, 'out of range'. More information: The...
  9. TV/Monitor Out Of Range

TV/Monitor Out Of Range: One of my kids uses TV for monitor. TV has 2 video inputs HDMI or VGA. The output is on-board video of i5, Win 10. Everything was working fine for years until one day for whatever reason through right click I selected Display Settings and set something (I don't remember what...
  10. 2nd monitor "out of range" windows 10

2nd monitor "out of range" windows 10: I recently connected an older monitor to my laptop using a HDMI to VGA Adapter. At first all worked fine. Now I am getting Out of Range on 2nd monitor screen. I have read many posts but most of he posts are several years old. Will purchasing a new HDMI monitor solve the...