Windows 10: Windows 10, install old nvidia driver

Discus and support Windows 10, install old nvidia driver in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello tenforums i upgraded from 8.1 to 10 in the upgrade wave and no problems there. but then i encountered problemes with the nvidia driver for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ExsiiTe, Aug 11, 2015.

1. ExsiiTe Win User

Windows 10, install old nvidia driver

Hello tenforums i upgraded from 8.1 to 10 in the upgrade wave and no problems there. but then i encountered problemes with the nvidia driver for windows 10 and wanted to install the driver i used on 8.1 which is 347.88 but then the problem comes, its not possible to install drivers for 8.1 on windows 10, does anyone have a fix for that? i installed the driver sucessfully on windows 10 insider preview 10125/10133 before, i hope someone can help *Smile Regards

:)

ExsiiTe, Aug 11, 2015

2. Getting black screen error after installing latest NVidia drivers on Windows 10

Old title: windows 10

windows 10 locks up and then goes black downloaded latest nvidia drivers but doesn't seem to help.

No codes coming up

Getting black screen error after installing latest NVidia drivers on Windows 10

DoyleHayes, Aug 11, 2015
  3. MezzT Win User
    Unable to install older NVIDIA Drivers on Windows 10

When I upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10 it automatically installed a 2015 NVIDIA Driver. I tried to rollback drivers but that failed and then I went online and found the old NVIDIA Driver I needed... However after trying to install it I was met
    with an error message and "Installer Failed". Can someone please tell me if and how I can install older NVIDIA Drivers?

MezzT, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Bazz Win User

I have not tryed this with 10 but you could try right clicking the exe file and go to properties and then compatibility and run in compatibility mode for 8.1.

5. ExsiiTe Win User
    i tryed that, same error :/

ExsiiTe, Aug 11, 2015
  6. AveYo Win User
    Must be something else.
    Because I'm using 337.94 right now, and that's even older.
    You don't need compatibility options - revert those.
    Instead, use Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode (but found out it works pretty well in normal mode, too).

Or manually, Win+Pause:Advanced system settings:Hardware*Biggrinevice installation settings:
    Never install driver software from Windows Update. Checkbox:unchecked.
    Then uninstall the current driver and reboot [still I would recommend DDU automatic (and safer) method]

AveYo, Aug 11, 2015
  7. ExsiiTe Win User
    Hey man thank you so much, it worked perfectly *Smile!

ExsiiTe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10, install old nvidia driver - Similar Threads - install old nvidia

2. Windows Update trying to install old NVIDIA Display drivers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update trying to install old NVIDIA Display drivers?: I noticed that windows update keeps trying to install this driver "NVIDIA - Display - 26.21.14.3200 (2)" which seems to be dated around October 2019 or December 2019. Does anyone know why windows does this and how to stop it? I do actually have some vsync issues where vsync...
  3. Windows 10 automatically installing Nvidia Drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 automatically installing Nvidia Drivers: How do i stop windows 10 from automatically installing Nvidia drivers? submitted by /u/DmxDex [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jbmwe9/windows_10_automatically_installing_nvidia_drivers/
  4. NVIDIA Control Panel is not compatible with installed NVIDIA Driver In Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    NVIDIA Control Panel is not compatible with installed NVIDIA Driver In Windows 10: used to be so simple download everything from nvidia, but now MS have distribution of the nvidia control panel and everything is messed up when i auto updated my driver through geforce experience, it then said the CP was missing, so just downloaded it from MS after i got...
  5. nVidia driver not installing

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    nVidia driver not installing: Hi, I am new in this forum. I have just registered because I am trying to work out a problem and need some help. I have recently re-installed my PC completely. It is now running on 64bit Windows 10, version 1909 (Build 18363.535). The PC includes an nVidia card GeForce GTX...
  6. nVidia driver not installing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    nVidia driver not installing: Hi, I am new in this forum. I have just registered because I am trying to work out a problem and need some help. I have recently re-installed my PC completely. It is now running on 64bit Windows 10, version 1909 (Build 18363.535). The PC includes an nVidia card GeForce GTX...
  7. New Nvidia-driver is old?? Says Windows 10

New Nvidia-driver is old?? Says Windows 10: I have just installed the newest WHQL driver from Nvidia 436.30 from 9/10/2019. After reboot, Windows Update now wants to download and install an older driver from 7/24/2019. How do I stop this driver"update" to my Nvidia-card without stopping all driverupdates from WU?...
  8. New Nvidia-driver is old?? Says Windows 10

New Nvidia-driver is old?? Says Windows 10: I have just installed the newest WHQL driver from Nvidia 436.30 from 9/10/2019. After reboot, Windows Update now wants to download and install an older driver from 7/24/2019. How do I stop this driver"update" to my Nvidia-card without stopping all driverupdates from WU?...
  9. Windows 10 installation contains Nvidia driver?

Windows 10 installation contains Nvidia driver?: Hi, I just finished a clean install and noticed that a Nvidia driver was installed. I'm not sure if this is standard now but as far as I can remember I always had to install this driver manually. I've erased my entire drive and used a USB stick which I created with Media...
  10. nvidia drivers installation fail on windows 10

nvidia drivers installation fail on windows 10: hi everyone, i have a problem with driver of video card nvidia. I wanted reinstall the driver because geforce experience didn't work. Before i used DDU. After i tried to install the driver without success. To understand the problem I used this guide. How to enable...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. older nvidia drivers windows 10

2. old nvidia drivers for windows 10

3. nvidia old drivers win 10

4. cant install older nvidia driver,
  5. nvidia drivers win 10 old,
  6. install older nvidia drivers windows 10,
  7. nvidia driver installer for older windows