Windows 10: Windows 10 Install on Minimal Storage Size?

Discus and support Windows 10 Install on Minimal Storage Size? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My objective is to create a Windows 10 VM with a minimal disk size, but that still has "desktop experience" tools like File Explorer. I found that IoT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jeffreymcclain, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Install on Minimal Storage Size?

My objective is to create a Windows 10 VM with a minimal disk size, but that still has "desktop experience" tools like File Explorer. I found that IoT Core "must include a minimum of 2 GB of storage", which seems perfect. However, simply mounting the ISO as a CD and booting from it doesn't launch the standard Windows 10 installer, like the other Windows 10 ISOs do.

In comparison, Windows 10 v1903 and later have a minimum size of 32 GB, while Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 64-bit has a minimum size of 20 GB.

Is there a way to override the "minimum space requirements" on the standard Windows 10 installer, or is better to use a minimal SKU to begin with like IoT Core? Note that this is just for a proof of concept, so as long as simple things work like creating and deleting a text document and using file explorer, performance isn't a concern.

Note that I have an MSDN account, so I am able to obtain all these SKUs. Also this is for a very specific use-case, I have already created a Windows 10 template with a standard disk size of 80 GB.

Tl;dr: What is the best approach to install Windows 10 on as small a disk as possible?

submitted by /u/jeffreymcclain
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jeffreymcclain, Apr 22, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 23, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, May 23, 2020
  4. CK011885 Win User

Windows 10 Install on Minimal Storage Size?

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Install on Minimal Storage Size?

1. Windows 10 Install on Minimal Storage Size? - Similar Threads - Install Minimal Storage

2. How to change the size of a minimized MDI window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the size of a minimized MDI window: I'm facing an issue with in-app minimized windows, which are broken on my Windows 11 certainly by a software, but I don't know which one.... Those in-app minimized windows are much more narrower that it should be. Instead of having the minimized title bar containing title and...
  3. How to change the size of a minimized MDI window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the size of a minimized MDI window: I'm facing an issue with in-app minimized windows, which are broken on my Windows 11 certainly by a software, but I don't know which one.... Those in-app minimized windows are much more narrower that it should be. Instead of having the minimized title bar containing title and...
  4. Storage Size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Size: My storage space only has a total of 120 GB. Does my computer just have low storage or is something going on? Even a Windows 7 Computer has 900 GB. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-size/5d0edb6e-646d-4dd8-9867-440eb864238e
  5. Storage partition sizes

Storage partition sizes: Available data: Partition C: Recovery 14.6 GB used 63.7 MB free. Partition E: OS 71.3 GB used 146 GB Free Problem. I can't add any new apps presumably because of the full C: I recently had a problem being unable to boot up the new Windows 10 with its latest updates. This...
  6. Minimal installation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Minimal installation: Hello there ! I am currently running my PC with ubuntu 18.04 but unfortunately I have to go back to MS because of college. It as been years since i haven't been on MS, and i've switched to Linux mainly for privacy reason and adaptability to remove stock apps such as egde or...
  7. Storage size of Windows 10 Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Storage size of Windows 10 Desktop: Hello, question of a buddy : why cannot I copy a 260 Gb file to the desktop ? In my understanding there is no point in copying a file to the desktop, why would someone want this ......
  8. Windows 10 Storage glitch shows incorrect storage size numbers on fresh install.

Windows 10 Storage glitch shows incorrect storage size numbers on fresh install.: I have been reading many post about this and I also chatted with Microsoft techs. They had to manually go in and clear folders to clear space. Many times I was reading that it was due to corrupt files but I just did a fresh install and there are no corrupt files. Microsoft...
  9. how to minimize taskbar in windows 10 to smaller size

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to minimize taskbar in windows 10 to smaller size: how to minimize taskbar in windows 10 to smaller size at bottom of screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-minimize-taskbar-in-windows-10-to-smaller/443ed909-c536-4df3-a656-f3a73cf9599c
  10. BLOPS minimizes and restores size on it's own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BLOPS minimizes and restores size on it's own: Has anyone else had this problem? I'm playing through STEAM, but i don't think STEAM is the problem. Continuously, the game will act as though I control alt tabbed to desktop, then restore itself. A process that takes several seconds in which time I'm usualy blowed up by...