Windows 10: Windows 10 Install on New custom built PC not working

Discus and support Windows 10 Install on New custom built PC not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Here are my components: Ryzen 9 3900x MSI MEG X570 Godlike Motherboard Nvidia RTX 2080 ti Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB SSD 64GB 3200 Ram 2x32 So I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dorlas051183, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Install on New custom built PC not working

Here are my components:

Ryzen 9 3900x

MSI MEG X570 Godlike Motherboard

Nvidia RTX 2080 ti

Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB SSD

64GB 3200 Ram 2x32

So I built my PC yesterday after the final parts came in. I installed windows 10 Pro using the Windows Media Creation Tool on a USB drive. Everything was running smooth. I performed this installation without an activation key. Once windows 10 booted up and I connected to the internet the updates started rolling in. After a couple of hours of updates the computer restarted and came up on the login screen. This is where the problems began.

I attempted to login to windows multiple times and would get nothing but a black screen and my mouse. I did some research online and tried to do some troubleshooting based on other reports of what sounded like the same problem. For the most part the fixes were ineffective. After restarting maybe 4-5 times I finally got a login without a black screen even though I had not changed anything. At this point I tried to use the windows activation key I purchased through Microsoft today. I kept getting an error saying the activation servers were down and to try to activate later. After about an hour of trying I decided to try and reset again. Back to black screens and the mouse.

At this point I decided it would be best to just start from square 1 and try a fresh re install. I booted up my BIOS and did a SecureErase+ of the SSD that I had originally installed windows 10 on. Now when I boot from the USB to reinstall Windows, it shows the window logo for a couple of seconds and then gives me stop code/error 0xc000021a and says it will reboot the computer for me. At this point it just turns the computer off and does not attempt to restart the PC. I have tried multiple USB drives with both FAT32 and NTSF as recommended by Microsoft support earlier but no luck on getting past that error to start installing. A tier 2 microsoft support person is supposed to call me tomorrow to further try and fix the problem.

I am stuck. Has anyone else run into this problem before on a new custom PC build? Are there any suggestions for me to try?

Thank you in advance for any help!

:)

dorlas051183, Jun 11, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jun 11, 2020
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Install on New custom built PC not working

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Install on New custom built PC not working

1. Windows 10 Install on New custom built PC not working - Similar Threads - Install custom built

2. Installing windows 10 on custom built PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing windows 10 on custom built PC: I’m trying to install Windows 10 operating system to my custom built PC. However, when I select the 64 bit, I get stuck on a screen with a black background the blue windows logo, and the white dots make a complete circle twice before they get frozen and stop moving. Why does...
  3. Installing windows 10 on custom built PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing windows 10 on custom built PC: I’m trying to install Windows 10 operating system to my custom built PC. However, when I select the 64 bit, I get stuck on a screen with a black background the blue windows logo, and the white dots make a complete circle twice before they get frozen and stop moving. Why does...
  4. Installing windows 10 on custom built PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft apps not installed on new custom built pc.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft apps not installed on new custom built pc.: I built a new PC and on my old laptop, I had an office home and student along with it. On my new PC, when I open office app, and then sign in, it recognises my account, but when I try to open a spreadsheet for example, it opens in the browser. So, I tried to install the...
  6. Windows 10 on custom built pc not working

Windows 10 on custom built pc not working: I recently built a pc woth 2 terabytes on storage and booted it up. when I went to install windows ten after i put in the code that i bought and using the flash drive i bought and was using the next screen was saying that no drivers were found. It was tbe flashdrive i bought...
  7. New built PC, won't install windows 10

New built PC, won't install windows 10: Hi, I'm quite new in PC building. So i've started searching and build this: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zQgMCL Note: the ram is actually Corsair Vengeance 16gb2x8gb - 2400MHz Motherboard is supporting 3th gen ryzen, updated to the latest version....
  8. New built custom PC random BSOD woes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New built custom PC random BSOD woes: Please find attached ZIP of the errors I have tried to update drivers through Driver Booster etc without any success. Random crashes in games and just general your expert help would be greatly appreciated! the computer was working well for a few months before these issues...
  9. Windows 10 activation on custom built pc

Windows 10 activation on custom built pc: I got a new computer and bought a windows key, when installing windows it asked for the key and now it says its not activated, so I put the key in again and it says it was already used. Please help me activate windows....
  10. Custom Built PC - BSOD During Windows 10 Installation

Custom Built PC - BSOD During Windows 10 Installation: I'm having ongoing issues with getting BSODs while attempting to do a clean install of Windows 10 on a new PC that I just built. Here are the specs: CPU: AMD FX-9370 MB: Gigabyte GA-990FX-GAMING GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 HDD: 240GB OCZ Trion 150 SSD RAM: 2x8GB...