Windows 10: Windows 10 install on new hardware

Discus and support Windows 10 install on new hardware in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My motherboard is fried in my main PC. I have an old PC as a back-up, which I'm now forced to use. I installed my Windows 10 on the old PC using disc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JOHNJORDAN (JOHNJORDAN), Mar 10, 2019.

1. Windows 10 install on new hardware

My motherboard is fried in my main PC. I have an old PC as a back-up, which I'm now forced to use. I installed my Windows 10 on the old PC using disc. Install was no prob but I can't activate it due to it being considered active on the non-functional PC.

How do I go about activating Windows 10 under these circumstances?

:)

JOHNJORDAN (JOHNJORDAN), Mar 10, 2019
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Mar 10, 2019
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Mar 10, 2019
  4. Windows 10 install on new hardware

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 install on new hardware

1. Windows 10 install on new hardware - Similar Threads - install hardware

2. After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29-‎06-‎2020 OS build 19045.4291 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19056.1000.0 Hi, above info is of my current windows os on my pc. I'm changing my motherboard and cpu soon. My current cpu does not support...
  3. After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29-‎06-‎2020 OS build 19045.4291 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19056.1000.0 Hi, above info is of my current windows os on my pc. I'm changing my motherboard and cpu soon. My current cpu does not support...
  4. After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. reinstall issue after installing new hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reinstall issue after installing new hardware: reinstalli just did some major up grades to my pc like adding a new SSD drive i went to the Microsoft site and followed the instructions to use a USB to reinstall windows 10 it keeps saying no operating system present i tried to use an older hardive that i know has an...
  6. reinstall issue after installing new hardware

reinstall issue after installing new hardware: reinstalli just did some major up grades to my pc like adding a new SSD drive i went to the Microsoft site and followed the instructions to use a USB to reinstall windows 10 it keeps saying no operating system present i tried to use an older hardive that i know has an...
  7. reinstall issue after installing new hardware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. System getting corrupted on every drive and installation. Healthy Hardware. Should I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System getting corrupted on every drive and installation. Healthy Hardware. Should I...: SYNOPSIS Every single Windows 11 installation keeps getting heavily corrupted if it gets to install properly at all even after performing a clean install, format, clean command on DiskPart; cleaning, formatting a clean installing on a different new* disk that was not even in...
  9. System getting corrupted on every drive and installation. Healthy Hardware. Should I...

System getting corrupted on every drive and installation. Healthy Hardware. Should I...: SYNOPSIS Every single Windows 11 installation keeps getting heavily corrupted if it gets to install properly at all even after performing a clean install, format, clean command on DiskPart; cleaning, formatting a clean installing on a different new* disk that was not even in...
  10. Unable to install Windows 11 despite having compatible Hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Windows 11 despite having compatible Hardware: Hello, my Motherboard and CPU specs are the following:Motherboard: ASUS WS X299 SAGE/10GCPU: Intel i9-9900X 3.5 GHzBIOS is configured for Secure Boot and PTM PTT is enabled, however all my attempts to install Windows 11 have failed, the installer says that my system is...