Windows 10: Windows 10 install - pc died

Discus and support Windows 10 install - pc died in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey. I was doing the windows 10 update when it got to 92% and my laptop turned off. It now won't turn back on. Not quite sure what to do. Any help will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by fleurasaur, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Windows 10 install - pc died

Hey. I was doing the windows 10 update when it got to 92% and my laptop turned off. It now won't turn back on. Not quite sure what to do. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

:)

fleurasaur, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Alan B Win User

Laptop upgrade to windows 10 pro

Ordinarily no. If you bought the desktop PC with Windows pre-installed then that copy of Windows (or the Windows 10 you upgraded it to) lives and dies with the PC; it is not transferrable.

Alan B, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Laurie823 Win User
    can i install windows 10 on new desktop as old one died

my desktop just died seems it is motherboard I had 10 on it. I am building new pc with the original harddrive power supply video card and memory. I have windows 10 iso on flash drive. can I install on new pc? or will I need to purchase license?

the pc that died was only 3 years old and had windows 8 on it originally.

Thank you for help

Laurie823, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Munchblob Win User

Windows 10 install - pc died

It didn't die, check your battery.

Munchblob, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 install - pc died

1. Windows 10 install - pc died - Similar Threads - install died

2. Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.: I have an old desktop computer that has had Windows 7 Pro x64 installed on it for years. I know Windows 7 is no longer supported. I use this computer for backups and data. The hardware is incompatible with newer Windows versions. The discdrive died. I've installed a new...
  3. Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.: I have an old desktop computer that has had Windows 7 Pro x64 installed on it for years. I know Windows 7 is no longer supported. I use this computer for backups and data. The hardware is incompatible with newer Windows versions. The discdrive died. I've installed a new...
  4. I tried to do a factory reset but it died during the install of windows and now it's just...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I tried to do a factory reset but it died during the install of windows and now it's just...: It's a samsung galaxy laptop. It says, "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error, Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation." but when I click "OK" it comes back...
  5. I tried to do a factory reset but it died during the install of windows and now it's just...

I tried to do a factory reset but it died during the install of windows and now it's just...: It's a samsung galaxy laptop. It says, "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error, Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation." but when I click "OK" it comes back...
  6. Hi my nvme died and after replacing it and re-installing windows 11 it fails to activate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi my nvme died and after replacing it and re-installing windows 11 it fails to activate.: Hi,So yeah my nvme dies and i replaced it and i also added others ssd to increase my capacity since i was opening the case anyway. I also updated the BIOS of the mb. Everything else is the same. Same mobo, same cpu, same gpu, same psu, ... After re-installing windows 11 to...
  7. Hi my nvme died and after replacing it and re-installing windows 11 it fails to activate.

Hi my nvme died and after replacing it and re-installing windows 11 it fails to activate.: Hi,So yeah my nvme dies and i replaced it and i also added others ssd to increase my capacity since i was opening the case anyway. I also updated the BIOS of the mb. Everything else is the same. Same mobo, same cpu, same gpu, same psu, ... After re-installing windows 11 to...
  8. Fehlercode '0x80073CF9' bei jeder Installation, die in Verbindung mit dem Microsoft-Store...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Fehlercode '0x80073CF9' bei jeder Installation, die in Verbindung mit dem Microsoft-Store...: Hallo zusammen.Ich versuche momentan die XBox App auf meinen PC zu installieren. Die Anwendung habe ich über die XBox-Homepage heruntergeladen. Bei der Installation welche kurz den Download startet bevor sie abbricht kommt dann folgender Fehler: ''Es ist ein Fehler...
  9. laptop 5520 LATITUDE us updating AND DIED AFTER INSTALLING WINDOWS NOW NO BIOS , HOT KEYS...

laptop 5520 LATITUDE us updating AND DIED AFTER INSTALLING WINDOWS NOW NO BIOS , HOT KEYS...: laptop 5520 LATITUDE us updating AND DIED AFTER INSTALLING WINDOWS NOW NO BIOS, HOT KEYS AND FLASHING MULTIPLE COLORS[text] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-5520-latitude-us-updating-and-died-after/a1fd643b-21ad-4c3f-82da-25cceccedaa4
  10. laptop 5520 LATITUDE us updating AND DIED AFTER INSTALLING WINDOWS NOW NO BIOS , HOT KEYS...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop 5520 LATITUDE us updating AND DIED AFTER INSTALLING WINDOWS NOW NO BIOS , HOT KEYS...: laptop 5520 LATITUDE us updating AND DIED AFTER INSTALLING WINDOWS NOW NO BIOS, HOT KEYS AND FLASHING MULTIPLE COLORS[text] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-5520-latitude-us-updating-and-died-after/a1fd643b-21ad-4c3f-82da-25cceccedaa4