Windows 10: Windows 10 install problems with .iso file burned o. Need help

Discus and support Windows 10 install problems with .iso file burned o. Need help in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The hard drive on my laptop died. The laptop had windows 10 installed, and I have a valid product key. Windows 10, English, 64-bit, Home I replaced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by J.Reynolds, May 28, 2019.

1. Windows 10 install problems with .iso file burned o. Need help

The hard drive on my laptop died. The laptop had windows 10 installed, and I have a valid product key. Windows 10, English, 64-bit, Home

I replaced the hard drive, ran the system diagnostics, and everything checked out. I downloaded the .iso file from the microsoft website and used the media creation tool. I then burned the .iso file to a dvd and attempted to install.

1. The first install hung at 70%. Error code indicated a missing/corrupt file. I tried it again just to confirm, and received same error.

2. Downloaded second .iso file and repeated procedure. This time, install died at 21%. Same error message.

3. I then ran a hash calc, on each .iso file I downloaded from the microsoft website and the hash number for each .iso file I downloaded was different. I downloaded a third .iso file and the hash calc was different for a 3rd time.

4. I ran the the 3rd .iso install DVD, and the laptop did not even recognize the install software. I took the third dvd out, re-installed the first one (that failed at 70%) and now THAT one isn't recognized either.

what is going on? Reading through the questions here, I am not the only person having issues like this. What do I need to do to get my laptop back up and running again? Why do I continue to get corrupted .iso downloads (if that is what is happening?).

Please help.

:)

J.Reynolds, May 28, 2019
  2. Luka KLLP Win User

Finding .IMG or .ISO file in Windows 8.1 Pro download

Hey guys,

In preparation for my new PC I downloaded Windows 8.1 Pro from Dreamspark, and I wanted to burn it to a DVD, so I can install it on the new PC.
    However, in the downloaded files I can't find a .IMG or .ISO file anywhere. I understood that the .IMG file is the one you need to burn to the DVD?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Luka KLLP, May 28, 2019
  3. antzshrek Win User
    antzshrek, May 28, 2019
  4. mike s Win User

Windows 10 install problems with .iso file burned o. Need help

Problem burning Windows ISO file to DVD-R with Nero and IMGBURN

The error in your log, means that the burner is having problems writing the final Table Of Contents while closing the disc. This is not a good sign.

If the burned disc does not verify then there is a good chance it is corrupted and cannot be trusted for OS installation. For that matter, parts of it may be unreadable anyway.

Some generic suggestions:

• Burn at 8X (or even 4X) instead of 16X.
    • Be sure you have the proper/current chipset drivers (Intel, etc) installed on the PC you are using to burn the discs.
    • Try a different brand of blank disc.

mike s, May 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 install problems with .iso file burned o. Need help

1. Windows 10 install problems with .iso file burned o. Need help - Similar Threads - install problems iso

2. [help] ISO file not installing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [help] ISO file not installing?: I'm trying to do a factory reset. I downloaded the windows 10 iso file. I used a ubuntu laptop to make a live USB, but I still can't get it to work. I press f9 in bios to select the usb drive but I just get the same NTSF_not_found error message. Edit: it says UEFI: USB...
  3. help, problem after installing windows 10 iso

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    help, problem after installing windows 10 iso: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Majin_Kayn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fm1fyy/help_problem_after_installing_windows_10_iso/
  4. Problem Burning an ISO file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem Burning an ISO file: I am running windows 10 1903. I recently downloaded an ISO file that I need to create a DVD from. In the past if I right click on the file I had the option to "Burn Disk Image" I am not seeing this option anymore and want to know how to create a disk from and ISO file....
  5. Windows 10 ISO Burning Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 ISO Burning Issue: Can someone explain what this log is saying? Trying to burn a Windows 10 ISO and get to anywhere between 60% and 80% and it fails. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-iso-burning-issue/d8c02177-cd0c-4fa7-8dfc-c69883fe68ab
  6. How to burn an .iso file to a dvd...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to burn an .iso file to a dvd...: its status is 'Files Ready to Burn'... the next step is not intuitive ... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-burn-an-iso-file-to-a-dvd/1da572d8-57f7-4dcf-a59d-2294f2c2ee0e"
  7. Problem burning Windows ISO file to DVD-R with Nero and IMGBURN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem burning Windows ISO file to DVD-R with Nero and IMGBURN: I need help with burning ISO file with Nero Express 2017 and with ImgBurn they both finish the burn but with warnings. Nero Express had the following warnings in the log; *Mad 17:56:08 #27 CDR -1194 File Writer.cpp, Line 301 PMA update failure E: HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW...
  8. burn ISO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    burn ISO: If I am not mistaken I used Windows 10 alone to download and burn the ISO for a spare disc. Please correct me if wrong. If I want to burn an ISO to a flash drive with Windows 10, do I need 3rd party software? lastly I was burning DVD s to flash drive by copy and paste....
  9. Repair Install with burned ISO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repair Install with burned ISO: Its a friend's machine that might benefit from a repair install. I have a cd with the techbench iso download burned via Imageburn software. I installed Win10 v2 with this cd successfully. The friend used the media center download routine to update to Win 10 2nd version...
  10. Burning ISO

in Windows 10 Support
    Burning ISO: Hiya...I got this error when trying to burn to DVD...can anybody tell me why this many have happened please? TIA [img] 55317