Windows 10: Windows 10 Install Program to Desktop lead to Massive Windows Glitches

Discus and support Windows 10 Install Program to Desktop lead to Massive Windows Glitches in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Have a windows 10 computer where an accidental install attempt on the desktop lead to massive glitches with the UI of windows. Left .dll files on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JayEmma, Jul 13, 2019.

1. JayEmma Win User

Windows 10 Install Program to Desktop lead to Massive Windows Glitches

Have a windows 10 computer where an accidental install attempt on the desktop lead to massive glitches with the UI of windows. Left .dll files on desktop - problems began after completion - uninstall of the program did not fix windows glitching. Factory Reset did not help. Cannot do a total restore - the system just gets stuck at a percentage.

Symptoms:

backward typing (even in safe mode)

glitchy clicks - do not open items

issues in windows explorer / misaligned selections

scroll broken/glitchy on windows UI

all desktop folders open to the program files

---

Attempts:

System Restore - no effect

Safe mode: cannot repair system

Ran Chdsk - no effect

Ran SFC Scan - "could not repair corruption"

:)

JayEmma, Jul 13, 2019

2. Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Jul 13, 2019
  3. Windows 10 installing progs

You did an upgrade.

eidairaman1, Jul 13, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Install Program to Desktop lead to Massive Windows Glitches

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Install Program to Desktop lead to Massive Windows Glitches

1. Windows 10 Install Program to Desktop lead to Massive Windows Glitches - Similar Threads - Install Program Desktop

2. Windows 10 Desktop Icons are glitched

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Desktop Icons are glitched: [ATTACH] my icons have been stuck like this for a while now and they wont change, I am on the latest version of windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-desktop-icons-are-glitched/5aba0742-b819-420d-8983-769505366248
  3. Windows 10 program install

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 program install: where is the setting to allow me to install a program in windows 10? it keeps sending me to Settings->Apps and Features, but there is no "Installing Apps" option(s) to change to allow me to "Allow apps from anywhere"...
  4. Massive Update windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Massive Update windows 10: Hello good day to every one. In the organization in which I work, I occupy the position of Analyst of Microinformatics. Among my tasks is the update of Windows in its 1607 version and after 1803 or 1809. Although we have the Symantec Deploy tool, the process is very tedious...
  5. Windows 10 MASSIVE Errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 MASSIVE Errors: I recently have bought an MSI Notebook about four months ago and everything was smooth til I received errors about missing drives on the boot screen when it was perfectly fine the day before. I thought it was a faulty harddrive so I sent in, got a new one and thought it was...
  6. Windows 10 installer program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 installer program: My Windows 10 will not install a program and says the installer program is not functioning. How do I reinstall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-installer-program/0ef738ee-b473-4eef-b726-07d4d0022856
  7. Programs installed in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs installed in windows 10: When I go to the control panel to unistall a program, there are no programs listed, nothing ? Where are they ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/programs-installed-in-windows-10/95734fcc-292c-4374-ac93-00325fd84cf3
  8. Windows 10 massive update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 massive update?: My computer is running "disk" at 100%. Any task I attempt to perform is taking far too long. Last time this happened (October?), I learned, after the fact, that my computer was updating....and it took all day... even though I have all sorts of memory/ram or whatever it is...
  9. Massive issue with Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Massive issue with Windows 10.: Hello. This is my first post on this site so I apologize if there's something off about it. I've already done a research but couldn't find anything that could really help me because people had access to their desktops and most could find a solution by going to the Control...
  10. Glitch in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Glitch in Windows 10: There is a glitch in Windows 10 Home. 64-bit. Can someone help me fix it? Whenever I open File Explorer, File Explorer crashes. 13631