Windows 10: Windows 10 Install Program to Desktop lead to Massive Windows Glitches

Discus and support Windows 10 Install Program to Desktop lead to Massive Windows Glitches in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Have a windows 10 computer where an accidental install attempt on the desktop lead to massive glitches with the UI of windows. Left .dll files on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JayEmma, Jul 13, 2019.

1. JayEmma Win User

Windows 10 Install Program to Desktop lead to Massive Windows Glitches

Have a windows 10 computer where an accidental install attempt on the desktop lead to massive glitches with the UI of windows. Left .dll files on desktop - problems began after completion - uninstall of the program did not fix windows glitching. Factory Reset did not help. Cannot do a total restore - the system just gets stuck at a percentage.

Symptoms:

backward typing (even in safe mode)

glitchy clicks - do not open items

issues in windows explorer / misaligned selections

scroll broken/glitchy on windows UI

all desktop folders open to the program files

---

Attempts:

System Restore - no effect

Safe mode: cannot repair system

Ran Chdsk - no effect

Ran SFC Scan - "could not repair corruption"

:)

JayEmma, Jul 13, 2019

2. Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Jul 13, 2019
  3. Windows 10 installing progs

You did an upgrade.

eidairaman1, Jul 13, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Install Program to Desktop lead to Massive Windows Glitches

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Install Program to Desktop lead to Massive Windows Glitches

1. Windows 10 Install Program to Desktop lead to Massive Windows Glitches - Similar Threads - Install Program Desktop

2. No desktop shortcuts? Windows 11 is a massive downgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No desktop shortcuts? Windows 11 is a massive downgrade: I have recently purchased a new laptop for my grandfather, and am in the process of setting it up. Can I ask why Microsoft decided to remove the ability to put factory installed applications such as solitaire as desktop shortcuts? Having just set up the PC, I was bombarded...
  3. Windows 10 Desktop/Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Desktop/Programs: Hi, I've been experiencing a problem with my computer as of October 24th, 2021. I'm unable to open any program or .exe file on my computer. This really annoys me. I've kept it off for about 2 weeks now since I've noticed this problem. I start it up, it takes forever to load...
  4. Windows 10 Desktop/Programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Desktop/Programs: Hi, I've been experiencing a problem with my computer as of October 24th, 2021. I'm unable to open any program or .exe file on my computer. This really annoys me. I've kept it off for about 2 weeks now since I've noticed this problem. I start it up, it takes forever to load...
  5. Windows 10 desktop and taskbar is glitched

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 desktop and taskbar is glitched: It started with me accidentally extracting 4000 files to my desktop. It started glitching out and I when I tried clicking the white "is not responding" layer appeared on the screen. I restarted and the same thing happened. I couldn't open any apps or do anything really, and...
  6. Massive issue installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Massive issue installing Windows 10: So I made a post earlier with having trouble installing Windows 10. Things have kinda escalated. So I am right now running Ubuntu 20.10 as an alternative, but would love to have Windows. So I made a bootable USB Drive using the MediaCreationTool. Now it works fine and all...
  7. Font on desktop and in windows is massive. help!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Font on desktop and in windows is massive. help!!!: After reinstalling windows the text under my desktop icons and in any window ( word, pp, Excel, etc.) is massive. I’ve turned the font size to minimum in display settings and in ease of access settings. Is there any way I can reduce the size after this point? submitted by...
  8. Amanda Langowski is new lead for Windows 10 Insider Program

in Windows 10 News
    Amanda Langowski is new lead for Windows 10 Insider Program: Five years ago, we invited our most passionate and opinionated customers to help us shape the future of Windows. Since then the Windows Insider Program has grown to a community of 18 million people whose enthusiasm for Windows has a profound impact on the products and...
  9. Windows 10 install leading to a recovery screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 install leading to a recovery screen: I installed windows 10 on my laptop a year ago and I was thinking of replacing the hard disk drive with a solid-state drive. When I inserted the SSD I turned on the laptop and the old windows 10 installation booted the drive was accessible and I could read and write files to...
  10. Windows 10 Desktop Icons are glitched

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Desktop Icons are glitched: [ATTACH] my icons have been stuck like this for a while now and they wont change, I am on the latest version of windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-desktop-icons-are-glitched/5aba0742-b819-420d-8983-769505366248