Windows 10: Windows 10 install recovery from partition

Discus and support Windows 10 install recovery from partition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This makes 0 sense to me. I booted my installing/recovery from a fixed partition on a usb hard drive using thr bootsect and make partition active... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Odixodixodix, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Windows 10 install recovery from partition

This makes 0 sense to me. I booted my installing/recovery from a fixed partition on a usb hard drive using thr bootsect and make partition active feature. My image consists of my ssd wirh the c drive and recovery partitioms rhat were backed up. Upon trying to onstall my image i get an error saying the recovery environment is in usw and to reboot using a recovery disk. But that is what im doing!! Just because its not a flash drive or dvd drive windows wont install an image?!?! That makes 0 sense to me and seems like a coding error. Im already booted from a partition on a completely separate usb hard drive that is NOT part of the image. What gives here? Why is it thinking or using the internal recovery files when im clearly selecting my boot from bios???

:)

Odixodixodix, Apr 8, 2019
  2. MrGenius Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

For the convenience of not having to use the installation media for startup repairs. But you should be able to use your installation media to do whatever the recovery partition does(including startup repairs). AFAIK. I could be wrong about that though.
    I'm not sure if I follow you there. But if you clean install Windows 10 there will be at least 3 partitions.
    • (EFI System Partition)
    • (Primary Partition)
    • (Recovery/OEM Partition)
    If you install from an OEM installation media there might(should?) be 4 partitions. Since there might(should?) be a Recovery partition and an OEM partition.

Windows 10 install recovery from partition partitions-10-png.png

Back on topic...

Download May 8 CU KB4103721 x64 (326.5MB)

Brings system to 17134.48

List of improvements and fixes found here.

MrGenius, Apr 8, 2019
  3. Anusha Win User
    How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Apr 8, 2019
  4. Rexter Win User

Windows 10 install recovery from partition

Help with HP System Recovery partition

I will try and cut this short:

So i have this HP pavilion DV5-1987 laptop, that came with windows vista home premium 32bit. A couple of months later i installed a 64bit version, and about a week ago i installed Windows 7 x64 RTM. Both installations was a fresh install on the C partition, leaving the recovery partition intact and alone.
    Now i have regrettet and want the original os to be reinstalled. But it doesnt work.
    The bios options does nothing, i press ESC to get to boot options, choose F11 for boot to recovery partition, and it goes straight to windows 7.
    i search the internet for options and try these suggestions:
    Mark drive D as active partition (the rec partition). it still boots to win 7.
    boot to super grub from a boot cd, and press "AUTO MAGIC BOOTER" (something like that). it then shows me two identical "vista boot loader" to choose from, and both goes into win 7, and a third (other OS) that gives me and error and returns to grub loader.

there a several other suggestions but either they wont work in my scenario or are another iteration of what i have already tried.

So uh... help? please? if you need anymore information please ask.

Rexter, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 install recovery from partition

1. Windows 10 install recovery from partition - Similar Threads - install recovery partition

2. Will "healthy recovery partition" will be re-created if I re-installed windows 10 from the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Will "healthy recovery partition" will be re-created if I re-installed windows 10 from the...: if I deleted the "healthy recovery partition" then I reset the windows with "install windows 10 from the internet" will that re-create the deleted "healthy recovery partition"?...
  3. Will "healthy recovery partition" will be re-created if I re-installed windows 10 from the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will "healthy recovery partition" will be re-created if I re-installed windows 10 from the...: if I deleted the "healthy recovery partition" then I reset the windows with "install windows 10 from the internet" will that re-create the deleted "healthy recovery partition"?...
  4. Will "healthy recovery partition" will be re-created if I re-installed windows 10 from the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Accessing installers from the recovery partition?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accessing installers from the recovery partition?: Good afternoon everybody, A co-worker has an issue, she has removed her OEM version of MS Office 2013. She installed 365 and now needs 2013 back. Is there any access options to utilizing the installer from the recovery partition? Is it kept as an executable or only...
  6. Windows 10 Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Recovery Partition: When I try to reset my Asus VivoBook 2018 model I get the message Insert your installation or recovery media and restart your pc before it used to just restart and recover the system...
  7. Recovery fails from pre-installed partition

Recovery fails from pre-installed partition: While working on an unrelated issue with recently bought Lenovo laptop, and the manufacturer's support team recommended to perform recovery from a pre-installed partition. While doing so, recovery process goes to about 50% and then shuts down with unexpected error and rolls...
  8. Have a recovery partition, How to install 10 on another partition?

Have a recovery partition, How to install 10 on another partition?: I have a windows 10 working just fine on a new gaming PC. I want to use the same recovery partition, Only to create a new instance of the OS on another partition on the same hard drive. I know how to format/repartition the drive. I want to do this so I can use a copy of...
  9. Fresh Install Windows 10 - Recovery Partition

Fresh Install Windows 10 - Recovery Partition: Hi, I have an ASUS which came with 8.1 OEM. I upgraded to Win 10 and now am about to do a fresh install of Win 10 (using this tool: Windows 10) on it. It has 2 recovery partitions 20 GB and 500 MB. Q1. During fresh install, do I need to delete both recovery...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade installing on recovery partition.

Windows 10 upgrade installing on recovery partition.: Windows 10 is downloading to my win 8 recovery partition and before it's complete it tells me the recovery partition is full, which it is. I've run disc clean up and still no luck. Any way to get win 10 to download to another partition? 52815