Windows 10: Windows 10 install seems hung on install

Discus and support Windows 10 install seems hung on install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just installed Windows 10 on my 64 bit system and seem to have a hang--.the screen is flickering on and off with the background up, Cortana and task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ellisconoley, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Windows 10 install seems hung on install

I just installed Windows 10 on my 64 bit system and seem to have a hang--.the screen is flickering on and off with the background up, Cortana and task bar up but no icons. The spinning circle is on and I cannot click the task bar successfully. Has been going on for 8 hours now after an apparent successful upgrade. This started after I entered the logon password.

It seems to be doing something as the frequency of screen blink changes. Taskmgr shows nothing hung but the intel storage processes are 20%. It is a scsi system so I wonder if the drives are rebuilding? Suggestions?

Thanks

:)

ellisconoley, Dec 22, 2015
  2. jon tighe Win User

Windows 10 Installation

Windows 10 has been downloading for about 4 hours. It seems to be hung at about 90% in" preparing for installation".

Is this normal.

Jon

jon tighe, Dec 22, 2015
  3. Georgan Win User
    Windows 10 installation is hung up on preparing for installation for about half an hour!

Original Title: Windows 10 installation

I have a Dell laptop and downloaded Windows 10, ok I think. But the computer seems to be hung up on preparing for installation. It's been showing that message for about half an hour. How can I get the installation started?

Georgan, Dec 22, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 install seems hung on install

1. Windows 10 install seems hung on install - Similar Threads - install seems hung

2. Hung Update Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hung Update Windows 10: After more then 16 hours my computer is stuck in update mode. Trying to boot into safe mode to abort the update seem to fail. At this point the computer is useless.What steps do I need to do to end this madness and get my system back?It's at 38% and rebooting always hangs me...
  3. Hung Update Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hung Update Windows 10: After more then 16 hours my computer is stuck in update mode. Trying to boot into safe mode to abort the update seem to fail. At this point the computer is useless.What steps do I need to do to end this madness and get my system back?It's at 38% and rebooting always hangs me...
  4. Hung Update Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Installer always hung in wow64win!NtUserMsgWaitForMultipleObjectsEx when installing...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Installer always hung in wow64win!NtUserMsgWaitForMultipleObjectsEx when installing...: ENV: Windows 10 Version 19041 MP 8 procs Free x64 When I install my software, windows installer always hung and can't continue to install successfully. I got a dump file when windows installer process is hanging, as shown below. For analysis of this file, run!analyze -v...
  6. windows 10 repair install hung at 92%

windows 10 repair install hung at 92%: 2004 update broke my pc. intermittent hangs abs web browsers not opening, live mail app not working. tried to do a repair install but it does not complete, hangs at 92% now for over 12 hours...
  7. My onedrive syncing seems to be hung up.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My onedrive syncing seems to be hung up.: My onedrive syncing seems to be hung up. Normally it uploads fairly quickly but now there are several files that have only partially uploaded & t.hey seem stalled. What do do? I have already turned my Win 10 computer off & on....
  8. background (wallpaper) seems to be hung

in Windows 10 Customization
    background (wallpaper) seems to be hung: I see on my background a picture from a series of pictures I wanted for a slide show. Went to Settings/Personalization/Backgrond and followed the steps once upon a time and I think it worked? Anyway, now the app appears to be hung and I don't know how to get it working. I've...
  9. Windows 10 Install Seems Huge, Over 70GB

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Install Seems Huge, Over 70GB: I've got a relatively new 10 install, not many programs and no personal files. I've used it a little to clone some drives and test video cards and that's it. Despite that it is taking up 74GB on the C drive! I've taken a look to find if there is anything obvious like an old...
  10. Installation hung on 'Just a Moment'

Installation hung on 'Just a Moment': Upgrading an old PC from 7 to 10 last night but desperate to get to bed and it had got to asking me to name the computer and I didn't have a keyboard connected so shut down. Now it is hung at ' Just a moment' with stars circling? How can I complete the installation? 24347

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 1803 unattended setup hangs cortana

2. windows installation seems to hang