Windows 10: Windows 10 Install Spinning Dots Frozen

Discus and support Windows 10 Install Spinning Dots Frozen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just built a brand new PC for a friend and it boots into the bios in working order. When I went to install a fresh copy of Windows via USB Drive, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ReidHarry, Aug 7, 2019.

1. ReidHarry Win User

Windows 10 Install Spinning Dots Frozen

Just built a brand new PC for a friend and it boots into the bios in working order. When I went to install a fresh copy of Windows via USB Drive, the process freezes up on the first screen into the installation. There is a black screen with my motherboard's brand logo and the frozen spinning dots. Please help. I've tried replacing the RAM, creating new boot drives with different windows ISO's, and messed with some boot settings in the BIOS. I'm at a loss.

:)

ReidHarry, Aug 7, 2019

2. Lumia 620 frozen with spinning gear

Related to:
    How to fix a Nokia Lumia that has frozen or won't start

I tried to reset my Lumia 620 and its now frozen with the spinning gear display. I tried the steps to finish it, but still no progress. Can You please suggest how to stop this spinning and how can I get my phone ready to use?

rafi palliyal, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Windows installer freezes on spinning dots?

Hi Greg,

I have no other PC to put the flash drives into nor my SSD to install Windows that way unfortunately.

Yes I have booted into my BIOS setup and manually set the flash drive to boot first however it still results in the same screen with the frozen 3 spinning dots.

How would I go about posting all the BIOS settings for you to see? The MOBO is an MSi X370 SLi Plus.

Thanks!

Vincent.Kaye, Aug 7, 2019
  4. sona1111 Win User

Windows 10 Frozen at spinning dots and windows icon - USB and HDD

Hi All,

First time here but I have been unable to solve this issue today and I can not find any info on google. MY sister was unable to boot her laptop (Dell P55F) today. The bot process gets to the large blue windows 10 icon and there are usually spinning dots below it. In this case the dots spin for about 1/4 of a second, then become frozen in place and nothing happens for many hours after that if the computer is left on. Here are all the things I tried:

-switching bios options. Secure boot on/off, legacy and uefi, processor features disabled, other hardware disabled, etc.
    -memtest86 - passed
    -all dell diagnostics - passed
    -swapped in different RAM - no difference
    -booting to USB created using windows media creation tool - also gets to the same place (spinning dots) and freezes. Tried this after removing hard drive and still does not boot. I tried three times with 3 different USB flash drives.
    -booting to Linux/Ubuntu USB, works successfully, able to open and browse hard drive and all files.

The part about booting into USB windows not working, but also all of the hardware tests I can think of passing, is really baffling to me! Does anyone else have any other idea I have not thought of?

Appreciate you reading!
    Thanks

sona1111, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Install Spinning Dots Frozen - Similar Threads - Install Spinning Dots

2. Win 10 frozen spinning dots - even after clean install on new HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 frozen spinning dots - even after clean install on new HDD: HiI have a problem with win 10 repeatedly freezing on the spinning dots during shut down and then on start up, with the only working option being a fresh reset.Problem 1st occurred after a clean boot to troubleshoot an app. When returning to normal boot the spinning dots...
  3. Win 10 frozen spinning dots - even after clean install on new HDD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 frozen spinning dots - even after clean install on new HDD: HiI have a problem with win 10 repeatedly freezing on the spinning dots during shut down and then on start up, with the only working option being a fresh reset.Problem 1st occurred after a clean boot to troubleshoot an app. When returning to normal boot the spinning dots...
  4. Windows 10 spinning dots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 spinning dots: I was playing a game called league of legends then my pc restarted for no reason and i get stuck on spinning dots for like 20 mins right now, can i get some help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-spinning-dots/81ddcd2e-e5ff-4f3d-b6e1-12e2a3694471
  5. Windows 10 spinning dots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 spinning dots: I was playing a game called league of legends then my pc restarted for no reason and i get stuck on spinning dots for like 20 mins right now, can i get some help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-spinning-dots/81ddcd2e-e5ff-4f3d-b6e1-12e2a3694471
  6. Fresh install of Windows 10 leads to frozen spinning dots after final reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh install of Windows 10 leads to frozen spinning dots after final reboot: I just assembled a brand new PC, and I'm trying to install Windows 10 on it.Install method: USB stick created using the Microsoft Create Windows Installation Media tool on a different Windows machine.CPU: Intel Core i5-10400F 2.9 GHz 6-Core ProcessorMotherboard: MSI B460M...
  7. Windows installer freezes on spinning dots?

Windows installer freezes on spinning dots?: Hi, I recently moved and tried to turn on my Windows 10 PC for the first time and got the BSOD. After trying a few of the fixes for that with no success, I decided I would simply just clean install a new Windows 10 off my bootable USB. So I used my MSi motherboard settings...
  8. Windows 10 Spinning Dots

Windows 10 Spinning Dots: My Acer laptop was started logging and eventually it is hanging that I decided to reformat drive C. After I reformated it once, the issue still exsits so that I decided to reformat all the drivers and reinstall Windows 10. After two reformats, I got stuck on spinning dots for...
  9. PC frozen at startup (spinning dots)

in Windows 10 Support
    PC frozen at startup (spinning dots): Heya guys, decided to come to ask for help because I can't seem to find a way to fix this issue. Last night my computer was running just fine. Today I boot it up and it gets frozen at the startup, so I restart it and it does the same. Eventually it boots into recovery...
  10. Windows 10 Frozen at spinning dots and windows icon - USB and HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Frozen at spinning dots and windows icon - USB and HDD: Hi All, First time here but I have been unable to solve this issue today and I can not find any info on google. MY sister was unable to boot her laptop (Dell P55F) today. The bot process gets to the large blue windows 10 icon and there are usually spinning dots below...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 stuck spinning dots

2. fresh new windows 10 install stuck at logo screen with dots not moving

3. spinning dots on bios setup

4. windows 10 setup spins,
  5. windows 10 installer freeze no spinning dots black background