Windows 10: Windows 10 install stuck at 57% for over 8 hours, how to proceed reinstalling from USB drive?

Discus and support Windows 10 install stuck at 57% for over 8 hours, how to proceed reinstalling from USB drive? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, For several reasons, I decided to reinstall a fresh copy of Windows 10 on my laptop. I backed up all my files on external hard drives, made sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Waterlilymoon, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 install stuck at 57% for over 8 hours, how to proceed reinstalling from USB drive?

Hi,

For several reasons, I decided to reinstall a fresh copy of Windows 10 on my laptop.

I backed up all my files on external hard drives, made sure my copy of Windows 10 was activated and linked to my Microsoft account.

I started the install before leaving for work last night and when I came home, about 10 hours later, it was at 57%. So I went to bed, and 8 hours later, it's still stuck at 57%. There's nothing else plugged on to my laptop.

I'm downloading the Windows install for USB now, as suggested on another thread.

Is it safe to manually shut down my laptop to do this?

Will my laptop restart properly with an unfinished Windows install?

Do I need to get into settings to be able to access the Windows install file from the USB drive?

It's my first time doing this so I'm quite worried and I want to make sure it works.

Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

Waterlilymoon, Nov 12, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 stuck on 57%

Hi Angel,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

It would be grateful if you could provide us few questions answer to understand the issue better and to provide you better assistance.

• Is the installation has further proceeded or still stuck on 57%?

• How are you trying to upgrade to Windows 10 using Windows 10 ISO or Windows update?
    Since it has been stuck on 57% more than 5 days, I would suggest you to restart the computer. Once you restart the computer it'll start with Windows 8. In-order to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8 first of all you need to update to Windows 8.1
    then only you will be eligible for free upgrade to Windows 10.

If you wish to upgrade to Windows 10 try to upgrade using Windows 10 ISO and check if it helps in resolving the issue. Download Windows 10 ISO and create media from the below link

Download Windows 10

Once you complete creating media. Insert the Windows installation DVD in the DVD ROM and restart your computer.

Note: Do not perform clean and custom installation. If you do so, activation issue will occur.

Hoe this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 12, 2019
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Nov 12, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 install stuck at 57% for over 8 hours, how to proceed reinstalling from USB drive?

Delta6326, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 install stuck at 57% for over 8 hours, how to proceed reinstalling from USB drive?

1. Windows 10 install stuck at 57% for over 8 hours, how to proceed reinstalling from USB drive? - Similar Threads - install stuck 57%

2. Reinstall windows stuck at 88% for over 12 hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall windows stuck at 88% for over 12 hours: In the title.For some more detail:My laptop has been bluescreening a lot recently. The BSOD itself resets so fast I can't read what the error is. About 70% of the time upon reboot the laptop says "no boot device could be found". Resetting BIOS has consistently worked as a...
  3. Reinstall windows stuck at 88% for over 12 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall windows stuck at 88% for over 12 hours: In the title.For some more detail:My laptop has been bluescreening a lot recently. The BSOD itself resets so fast I can't read what the error is. About 70% of the time upon reboot the laptop says "no boot device could be found". Resetting BIOS has consistently worked as a...
  4. Reinstall windows stuck at 88% for over 12 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 install stuck at 5% for over 24 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 install stuck at 5% for over 24 hours: The PC in question is an HP 310t, two reformatted 500gb HDD running RAID1. I've already taken all the ram out except for one 4gb stick in the second dimm channel. All other drives that could possibly be interfering have been removed and boot priority has been set to the usb...
  6. Windows 10 install stuck at 5% for over 24 hours

Windows 10 install stuck at 5% for over 24 hours: The PC in question is an HP 310t, two reformatted 500gb HDD running RAID1. I've already taken all the ram out except for one 4gb stick in the second dimm channel. All other drives that could possibly be interfering have been removed and boot priority has been set to the usb...
  7. Installing windows 10 stuck in 57%

Installing windows 10 stuck in 57%: Hello, I want to make in-place upgrade to fix some corrupted files... After downloading ISO from the windows setup tool I got this problem... and I had this when I use upgrade this PC option but that stuck on 87%... What to do? Thanks,...
  8. Stuck at 57% for hours now how do I fix?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck at 57% for hours now how do I fix?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Memeseekr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f6rcb2/stuck_at_57_for_hours_now_how_do_i_fix/
  9. My Windows 10 update is stuck on 27% for over 8 hours

My Windows 10 update is stuck on 27% for over 8 hours: I don't know what to do, so i decided to force boot my laptop. And it keeps doing it whenever my laptop restarted please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-update-is-stuck-on-27-for-over-8/41f2b46d-b8c0-47ed-9d39-4469ddad3b2a
  10. Windows 10 reinstall from USB failed (preparing devices 57%)

Windows 10 reinstall from USB failed (preparing devices 57%): Hi - My computer had Windows 10 and I was looking to do a clean install, but keeping files on Windows.old. I installed Windows 10 ISO on a pendrive, booted it, chose custom install, chose the principal Windows partition, all went ok, it restarted, and when booting up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 reset stuck at 57%

2. if i am installing a windows update and it has been at 57% for hours can I canceland start over.