Windows 10: Windows 10 install stuck at logo screen

Discus and support Windows 10 install stuck at logo screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, this is my first post here. I've been trying to install Windows 10 for a few days now and whatever I do I can't get past the black screen with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by loopyjoe, Feb 1, 2020.

1. loopyjoe Win User

Windows 10 install stuck at logo screen

Hello, this is my first post here.

I've been trying to install Windows 10 for a few days now and whatever I do I can't get past the black screen with the four blue rectangles that constitute the Windows 10 logo.

(I haven't installed 10 before - does everyone see this screen, with the rectangles and no text or spinning dots? if so, for how long? what does it mean?)

My current setup has dual boot for Windows 7 and XP, and ideally I'd like to keep these as they are and add Win 10 as a third option.

I used AOMEI Partition Assistant to make a third partition of 148GB on the same drive as the other two versions. I used Media Creation Tool to make an install dvd, and altered the boot order in bios. When I boot with the dvd in my external drive (I don't have an internal one anymore) it goes to the logo screen with just the rectangles and no words or spinning dots. If I leave it for hours it eventually boots back into Windows 7.

I used Microsoft's tool again to make a usb installer and get exactly the same results. I read somewhere that this sometimes happens because Windows 10 needs uefi instead of bios, and it seems that my bios has no uefi capabilities - looking through it I can't see any reference to uefi, gpt, Secure Boot, legacy, csm etc. I failed to find an update for my bios, which is pretty old. Does this mean I can't install Win 10 on this system?

I installed Rufus and chose all the bios/mbr/ntfs options, but the resulting usb gives the same results as the previous attempts. I tried various other suggestions found on various forums with no luck.

What should I try next?

Windows Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)

:)

loopyjoe, Feb 1, 2020

2. Installation Hangs at Blue Windows Logo, Error Code C1900101-20017

The BIOS update suggestion posted above by @Jegler helped me, @guhanath. I was on version 1.10 and updated to 1.90. The steps I took after that were just doing the official Windows 10 upgrade procedure.

Then the Windows 10 installation went without a hitch, and I'm no longer on Windows 7. I'm going to consider this solved, thank you @Jelger for the suggestion to update the BIOS!

KingDecimator, Feb 1, 2020
  3. GPU-Z stuck on logo screen

yup so it seems. I tried running gpu-z before installing the gpu driver and the latest version of gpu-z works right off the bat. After installing drivers, then goes back to being stuck at logo screen. I tried 14.4, 13.9, and 13.4 so far and I got no luck.

Sempron Guy, Feb 1, 2020
  4. Windows 10 install stuck at logo screen

Windows 10 Install stuck at Blue Logo Box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If you are unable to boot to the computer and installation get stuck at blue logo box then I would suggest you to create installation media and then try to per form automatic repair and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Step 1: Create ISO for Windows 10

You may also refer to the article mentioned below to for downloading Windows 10 on your computer.

Download Windows 10

Step 2: Perform an Automatic repair

The Automatic repair can detect and fix the issues that prevent the computer from working normally.

After you have a Windows 10 installation disc/USB, follow these steps:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be F12.
    • The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.
    • Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to CD\DVD ROM
      (in case you create DVD). Select USB in case you create USB.
    • After you boot your computer using Windows DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press
      any key to boot from CD or DVD
      ". Press any key.
    • Select the correct time and Keyboard type.
    • Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and
      then click Startup Repair.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 install stuck at logo screen

1. Windows 10 install stuck at logo screen - Similar Threads - install stuck logo

2. Windows 10 installation stuck at Windows Logo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 installation stuck at Windows Logo: Hello, I had been receiving the BSOD on my MSI laptop with the CRYPTO_LIBRARY_INTERNAL_ERROR. After that my laptop never starts without USB boot flash. So I basically need to repair the windows with USB boot flash.I’ve found that this problem often relates to the problem with...
  3. Windows 10 installation stuck at Windows Logo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 installation stuck at Windows Logo: Hello, I had been receiving the BSOD on my MSI laptop with the CRYPTO_LIBRARY_INTERNAL_ERROR. After that my laptop never starts without USB boot flash. So I basically need to repair the windows with USB boot flash.I’ve found that this problem often relates to the problem with...
  4. Windows 10 installation stuck at Windows Logo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 Install stuck on Windows logo

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Install stuck on Windows logo: I finished building a brand new computer with the following specs:CPU: AMD Ryzen 5600X GPU: GIGABYTE GAMING OC 3070 TiMB: MSI B550 TomahawkRAM: 32GB GSKILL TRIDENT Z NEO CL16SSD: Samsung 980 M2 NVMEI am trying to install windows 10 on my Samsung 980 using the Windows media...
  6. Windows 10 Installer Stuck On Windows Logo

Windows 10 Installer Stuck On Windows Logo: Before we start some context, my computer was manufactured in 2008, I don't have UEFI or secure boot on my system. Also my system originally shipped with Vista, I changed the hard drive some years ago and I reinstalled Vista, then upgraded to Windows 7, then to Windows 8,...
  7. Windows 10 stuck installing at logo

Windows 10 stuck installing at logo: hello i just recently finished building my pc and everything seems to run fine. I downloaded the windows installer to a usb and when i boot it up it rolls a couple dots at the logo then freezes completely. I dont think it has anything to do with me messing up the build but i...
  8. Windows installation stuck on logo

Windows installation stuck on logo: Hello guys, I have a problem with my computer after formatting it. It had Windows 8.1 installed, but I wanted to change to Windows 10, so I installed it. However, it wasn’t giving a good performance, so I’ve thought of going back to 8.1. The problem is, no matter how many...
  9. Stuck on logo screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on logo screen: I see a lot of people have had this problem. I did the last update after it installed it started up but stuck on logo screen with the dots turning. I've done the restart, it will not go in safe mode just sits on black screen with no dots when I try that. I've tried to get the...
  10. Window 10 Installation stuck on Logo

Window 10 Installation stuck on Logo: Hi Friends, I am currently using windows 7 on my HP Laptop Core i3. Now i trying to install window 10 from ISO. I created Bootable USB (With Rufus). While installing window the installation get stuck on window logo. I waited long time but nothing happened. Kindly guide me how...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Trying to install Windows 10. Freezes at the logo screen

2. windows 10 installer stuck at logo