Windows 10: Windows 10 install - Stuck in Collecting information(where do you want to install windows?)

Discus and support Windows 10 install - Stuck in Collecting information(where do you want to install windows?) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [IMG]Good day, recently I bought an ssd for my laptop(Sony Vaio Vpcsb16fg) considering the hdd had became sluggish. I installed the mediacreation tool... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 狐Chan, Oct 8, 2019.

1. 狐Chan Win User

Windows 10 install - Stuck in Collecting information(where do you want to install windows?)

Windows 10 install - Stuck in Collecting information(where do you want to install windows?) [​IMG]Good day, recently I bought an ssd for my laptop(Sony Vaio Vpcsb16fg) considering the hdd had became sluggish. I installed the mediacreation tool to install windows 10 via a usb. I followed each step in different tutorials on how to make the clean install. However, when I came upon this part, the greenbar at the lower left freezes and the cursor maintains an hourglass shape for 1 hour and counting since the press of next. Is this normal? Should I redo the process? Should I wait a little longer? The tutorials I have seen take a shorter time so I am worrying.

:)

狐Chan, Oct 8, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 8, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 8, 2019
  4. CK011885 Win User

Windows 10 install - Stuck in Collecting information(where do you want to install windows?)

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 install - Stuck in Collecting information(where do you want to install windows?) - Similar Threads - install Stuck Collecting

2. Where do you want to install Windows? 0x80300024

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where do you want to install Windows? 0x80300024: Hey, recently just built myself new pc for the first time, the only thing I really kept from the last build was the storage. Either way when I got into windows I couldn’t connect to the network because I just “DIDN’T” have any network drivers, so I though “something might’ve...
  3. Where do you want to install Windows? 0x80300024

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where do you want to install Windows? 0x80300024: Hey, recently just built myself new pc for the first time, the only thing I really kept from the last build was the storage. Either way when I got into windows I couldn’t connect to the network because I just “DIDN’T” have any network drivers, so I though “something might’ve...
  4. Where do you want to install Windows? 0x80300024

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Set Up: Where do you want to install windows?

Windows 10 Set Up: Where do you want to install windows?: I have a 2018 Acer Swift 3 14-Inch Notebook - Silver Intel Core i5-7200U Processor, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce MX150 2 GB Graphics, Windows 10 which has constantly failed to install the 22H2 update. I tried a whole raft of 'solutions', none of which worked. So, I...
  6. Windows 10 Set Up: Where do you want to install windows?

Windows 10 Set Up: Where do you want to install windows?: I have a 2018 Acer Swift 3 14-Inch Notebook - Silver Intel Core i5-7200U Processor, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce MX150 2 GB Graphics, Windows 10 which has constantly failed to install the 22H2 update. I tried a whole raft of 'solutions', none of which worked. So, I...
  7. Installation fails at "Where do you want to install Windows?"

Installation fails at "Where do you want to install Windows?": I am attempting to install Windows 10 on a Lenovo 580G Laptop. The old hard drive was replaced by a 450 GB SSD which before installation in the Lenovo was initialized and formatted on another Windows Laptop ACER Aspire 515-54 via a USB-to-SATA adapter. The initialize and...
  8. "Where do you want to install?"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "Where do you want to install?": "It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account" Have tried everything from numerous amounts of youtube tutorials to reddit and still can't find any solutions. This is my last...
  9. Where do you want to install

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Where do you want to install: It looks like you dont have any applicable devices linked to your microsoft account. to install, sign in on a device with your microsoft account this is what i get when i try to download an app im signed in and still cant download...
  10. Where do you want to install?

Where do you want to install?: I am slightly at my wit's end... I am desperately trying to install the DSTV Now and Showmax app from the Microsoft Online Store. I have successfully 'purchased' the app from the store, but when I go to 'install on my devices' I get a dialogue box saying "It looks like you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 stuck on collecting information

2. How it does take to collecting information windows 7

3. windows setup stuck on collecting information

4. windows setup collecting information