Windows 10: Windows 10 install through USB media fails

Discus and support Windows 10 install through USB media fails in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to install Windows 10 on an old machine, currently running on Vista. I turned a USB key into an install media with the official... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mysterry, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Mysterry Win User

Windows 10 install through USB media fails

Hello,

I'm trying to install Windows 10 on an old machine, currently running on Vista.

I turned a USB key into an install media with the official media creation tool. Once I've setup the BIOS to boot on USB, the computer does boot on it: I can see a black screen with a teal Windows 10 logo, plus the loading wheel. But after around a minute has passed on this screen, the computer shuts down itself.

I retried several times, on different USB ports, and the same happened each and every time.

It could look like an overheating issue, but I don't think it is as the boot on Vista works perfectly: no shut down, and the CPU temp is acceptable (around 56°C, not what you would expect from a perfectly fine machine whilst idle, but far enough from the junction temp).

Here are the specs of the laptop:

-CPU Intel Pentium T3200 @ 2 GHz

-RAM 3,00Go DDR2 @ 333 MHz

-Motherboard ASUSTeK F5SL

-GPU ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470 256MB

-HDD Hitachi 149 GB

I'm trying to install Windows 10 32 bits. While the components are old, they meet by far the minimum requirements for Windows 10 32 bits (CPU freq > 1 GHz, RAM > 1,0 Go, GPU >= Directx 9, HDD is almost empty).

Have you got any idea what could cause the install to fail?

Thank you very much for your help

:)

Mysterry, Dec 23, 2018

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Dec 23, 2018
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Dec 23, 2018
  4. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 install through USB media fails - Similar Threads - install through USB

2. Fresh Install from USB media failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh Install from USB media failing: My computer failed to boot into Windows following a regular shut down, and I decided to do a clean install of Windows.I made a new installation media on a USB drive, formatted both my hard drive and the SSD I use as my boot drive, and attempted to install windows. However, no...
  3. Fresh Install from USB media failing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh Install from USB media failing: My computer failed to boot into Windows following a regular shut down, and I decided to do a clean install of Windows.I made a new installation media on a USB drive, formatted both my hard drive and the SSD I use as my boot drive, and attempted to install windows. However, no...
  4. Keep failing creating Install Windows 10 Media on USB.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keep failing creating Install Windows 10 Media on USB.: Hi, I am trying to create Windows 10 Media on USB, "Scandisk 64GB", but it keeps failing. I googled many times, tried the ways showed on Youtube, but none of them worked. I can try to run exe.file on USB, but it shows error code, "0x80080005 - 0x90018". Please kindly...
  5. Windows 10 Install media tool failing to create USB media

Windows 10 Install media tool failing to create USB media: Hello, I am trying to download Windows 10 to install on another laptop. I have downloaded the media tool from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10. The issue I am having is it is not asking where I want to download the files to . It asks what I want to...
  6. Installing Windows Through USB

Installing Windows Through USB: Recently, my computer screen froze, so naturally I restarted it. When restarting it, it showed an error message and something involving system 32 being deleted or damaged. I've had this computer for years now so it does make sense for a problem like this to happen so this...
  7. Usb recovery media failed

Usb recovery media failed: I noticed I had alot of hard disk bad block errors in the event viewer so I ran the check disk tool but when the pc rebooted I got a blue screen with ntfs error. Everytime the pc rebooted that bsod came up. I tried booting from the usb recovery I created and tried start up...
  8. Installing Windows 10 to a new built computer through Media Creation Tool USB

Installing Windows 10 to a new built computer through Media Creation Tool USB: I just built a computer. I created a bootable USB (14GB, and I formatted it to NTFS beforehand) with the media creation tool. I plugged it in to the back of the new computer and powered it up, but the circles get stuck after a few spins. I tried: -Keeping the USB to FAT32...
  9. Windows 10 install fail--missing media drivers (USB)

Windows 10 install fail--missing media drivers (USB): I've seen several guides on how to fix this, but none seem to help. I'm running a Fujitsu s751. Things I've tried: Changing USB ports Checking if the ISO is corrupt Using a different storage device Installing Intel Rapid share drivers Wiping the drive (...
  10. Issues with the installation of Windows 10 through USB

Issues with the installation of Windows 10 through USB: I have a Lenovo PC Where I want to install Windows 10 I have downloaded an ISO using media creation tool and make portable to a 32 GB pendrive by Rufus. But when i tried to install it then i got an error "The operating system couldnot be loaded because a critical driver is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 update failed to install through pendrive

2. win10 usb install media

3. win10 usb install media fails