Windows 10: Windows 10 installation 0xc0000225

Discus and support Windows 10 installation 0xc0000225 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Greetings fellows, Just veen struggling to install windows 10 over the past few days and am at my wits end to be honest. The basic premise of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LWGWills, Oct 27, 2019.

1. LWGWills Win User

Windows 10 installation 0xc0000225

Greetings fellows,

Just veen struggling to install windows 10 over the past few days and am at my wits end to be honest. The basic premise of the issue is that windows seems to be struggling to install, when i have had no issues before.

I created the boot media through windows' tool, and through a third party tool to test if it was mlunting the iso to the USB that was the problem and had no change.

In short, i have attempted to install windows on 2 different drives and encountered the same problem. After the initial installation windows "preparing devices... Getting ready" then black screens. I have left it on for great deals of time to see if it was going to do something and it has not. Then when i reboot i am greeted with the error message of 0xc0000225.

I have searched for solutions to this error. Automatic repair fixes nothing. Attemping bootrec commands such as /fixboot i am greeted with "access is denied", so i searched for a solution to this and what i have tried has not worked. I dont inderstand what is going on.

I thought maybe it was a driver error with my graohics card so removed that, no change.

Any help is welcome,

Thank you all,

Luke.

:)

LWGWills, Oct 27, 2019

2. error code 0xc0000225

Hi Marie,

The error code 0xc0000225 is booting error that usually happens when the Booting Configuration Data (BCD) is missing or corrupted. We suggest that you perform an
    Automatic Repair by following the steps listed in Jenith_James's reply on May
    8, 2016 and check if it resolves your concern.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Oct 27, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Homeless Win User

0xc0000225 boot error

For some odd reason when I turned on my computer today, I was greeted with the error 0xc0000225 stating that my NLS files were corrupt/missing. I am Running Vista x64 and so far have tried the following:

Replace NLS files
    Windows repair utility
    Restored an old working registry backup
    Tried booting with different ram configurations
    Created new BCD / Boot
    Chkdsk

Google suggests something about apci, but my gigabyte ud3p doesn't have such an option (already vista compatible) and it seems to only occur to people who are initially installing and not people who already have a working copy.

Homeless, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 installation 0xc0000225 - Similar Threads - installation 0xc0000225

2. I am installing an antivirus and it can't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am installing an antivirus and it can't work.: I can't install it. It terminates immediately when I run the application.And It was purchased by our school, for everyone else it is working but for me, it doesn't work. I even restarted the device, but it failed.I am not able to install applications. For example likeThey say...
  3. I am installing an antivirus and it can't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am installing an antivirus and it can't work.: I can't install it. It terminates immediately when I run the application.And It was purchased by our school, for everyone else it is working but for me, it doesn't work. I even restarted the device, but it failed.I am not able to install applications. For example likeThey say...
  4. Could you please clarify the difference between installing Windows 11 Server on a PC and...

Could you please clarify the difference between installing Windows 11 Server on a PC and...: I've installed Windows 11 on my PC, but it seems to have been installed differently, similar to how Windows Server is installed. What does this actually mean?...
  5. Can't install Windows 11/10 on a new device. 0xc0000225 error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install Windows 11/10 on a new device. 0xc0000225 error message: Hi.I've had trouble Installing Windows 11/10 on my newly build PC. I used the Media creation tool for win11 and made a bootable USB. When i plugged it into my new pc and booted it up, i got the message "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. The application or operating system...
  6. Can't install Windows 11/10 on a new device. 0xc0000225 error message

Can't install Windows 11/10 on a new device. 0xc0000225 error message: Hi.I've had trouble Installing Windows 11/10 on my newly build PC. I used the Media creation tool for win11 and made a bootable USB. When i plugged it into my new pc and booted it up, i got the message "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. The application or operating system...
  7. I got error 0xc0000225 (winload.efi missing/corrupted) when I tried to install win10 via...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I got error 0xc0000225 (winload.efi missing/corrupted) when I tried to install win10 via...: every time I tried to install windows 10 on my laptop with a bootable USB drive, it showed the Asus logo and then BSOD error 0xc0000225 (winload.efi missing/corrupted). I tried googling but it seems like the solution is for people who failed to boot their windows. meanwhile,...
  8. Error code 00xc0000225 When installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error code 00xc0000225 When installing Windows 10: Something happened to my ssd recently. It would crash every single time right after I booted it. So I decided it was probably the Windows on it. So I formatted the ssd and tried to reinstall windows on it. I had my usb with the windows media creation tool on it. And then I...
  9. Can't boot installation USB with Windows 10: 'Error code: 0xc0000225'

Can't boot installation USB with Windows 10: 'Error code: 0xc0000225': I wanted to install a fresh version of Windows 10 on my Local Disk 'C' partition. Therefore, I made a bootable Windows 10 USB with Rufus and proceeded with the setup. However, I ended up deleting my 'C' partition (the other partitions I had were left untouched). I still...
  10. Installing Windows 10 on a "New PC" (Error 0xc0000225)

Installing Windows 10 on a "New PC" (Error 0xc0000225): I built this computer out of salvage parts. The computer's parts are from multiple ages. The computer uses most of its parts from the old computer HP Workstation xw4200, very old I know (the hard drive is brand new fyi). I am trying to install windows from a USB. I installed...
Tags: