Windows 10: Windows 10 installation and Cortana Constantly Talking

Discus and support Windows 10 installation and Cortana Constantly Talking in Cortana to solve the problem; I guess my question is "why on earth did your designers think it was a good idea to have Cortana saying 'we're still setting things up', 'please don't... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by JessePoole, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Windows 10 installation and Cortana Constantly Talking

I guess my question is "why on earth did your designers think it was a good idea to have Cortana saying 'we're still setting things up', 'please don't turn off your device', 'thanks for your patience', and the like every 7 or 8 seconds during the entire installation process?"

Maybe have her say one thing when that part is done, not (literally) dozens of times during?

Seriously, this should be first day stuff in any software design course. I don't understand why things like this are such a hard concept for Microsoft to grasp.

:)

JessePoole, Oct 30, 2018

2. cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 31, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 installation and Cortana Constantly Talking

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 installation and Cortana Constantly Talking

1. Windows 10 installation and Cortana Constantly Talking - Similar Threads - installation Cortana Constantly

2. Cortana constantly popping up

in Cortana
    Cortana constantly popping up: hello my laptop is running windows 10 and out of no where a box keeps popping up for Cortana. i am sick of it constantly popping up. i signed in thinking this would stop it but has not. i am at my wits ends to sort it. doesnt anyone know how to stop when your not clicking...
  3. Mic used in talking to Cortana

in Cortana
    Mic used in talking to Cortana: Does a Snowball mic work with Cortana in Windows 10, version 10.0.0.18362, build 18362? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-used-in-talking-to-cortana/555e79fa-16d2-4590-85eb-572b8f3af756"
  4. Cortana constantly popping up

in Cortana
    Cortana constantly popping up: I see this problem and its "solutions," which always seem to involve disarming some of the touchpad. I don't use my touchpad and have it turned off. I have never had this particular problem until I did a reinstall of Win 10. Sometimes happens 4-5 times a minute. Obviously...
  5. Talk to Cortana window is black in Light Theme (Windows 10 Version 1903)

in Cortana
    Talk to Cortana window is black in Light Theme (Windows 10 Version 1903): My suggestion: Please make this cortana windows light with the harmony of the light theme of Windows 10 version 1903.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/talk-to-cortana-window-is-black-in-light-theme/c21e264e-5f6b-40f6-8022-f842f4211055"
  6. Can't talk on cortana

in Cortana
    Can't talk on cortana: can't talk to cortana on pc * Moved from IE10/other * Original title: how can i on cortana https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-talk-on-cortana/1681f6b4-803c-419c-bba7-91c0f17e573a"
  7. Talk to Cortana

in Cortana
    Talk to Cortana: Do I need an external microphone to talk to Cortana https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/talk-to-cortana/a8624b3f-ce90-4368-ae20-f861d3beafbb"
  8. How do you get Cortana to talk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you get Cortana to talk?: I can't seem to get it to talk. It only answers my questions through text or does a Bing search. 9777
  9. cortana wont talk

cortana wont talk: *Confusedcortana was prettyfuly working without any problem but after 1511 update it wont respond to me and write:something went wrong try again a bit later .... but i beleive it hears me because when i say hey cortana it shows cortana >>>>> thanks in advance 43405
  10. Can anyone get Cortana to talk ?

Can anyone get Cortana to talk ?: i installed Windows 10 Pro on 4 PCS running windows 8.1 pro. All of them have sound working, but Cortana does not say a darn thing. I have no microphone hooked up but I thought she still answers when you type something? Yes or NO. In the Preview 10 I got her to answer on one...