Windows 10: Windows 10 Installation asks for but rejects password

Discus and support Windows 10 Installation asks for but rejects password in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop received news that I could download and install Windows Pro 10. Everything went sweet until it ask me for my password to continue. I put the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Haw1936, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Haw1936 Win User

Windows 10 Installation asks for but rejects password

My laptop received news that I could download and install Windows Pro 10. Everything went sweet until it ask me for my password to continue. I put the 4 digit password that I have been using since I bought this laptop last May. It would not accept it. I tried using my Microsoft password. It would not accept that. I've tried using my Acronis boot disk to put Windows 8.1 back on the laptop, but it will not do that. It keeps going back to the password page. It is stuck there until I can give it the correct one, but I've tried the only passwords I knew for it. I've tried rebooting using F2, F8, and Delete to get into the BIOS to make it recognize the CD/DVD drawer, but no luck. I'm at a loss on what to do. Before I pull my hair out, does anyone have a solution for me???

:)

Haw1936, Aug 8, 2015
  2. ADL6009 Win User

Sign in security-pin and password

I currently have no password or pin required to sign into windows 10. I would like to establish a pin. Trouble is windows asks for my password in order to setup the pin. If I leave the password space blank it rejects it as the wrong password, if I put
    in my microsoft account password it rejects it also. How do I get past the password required step? Thanks.

ADL6009, Aug 8, 2015
  3. my computer is Inspiron 22 PC with Windows 10. It suddenly locked me out. I reset the password but that didn't help. what can I do next?

My new computer is a desktop PC with Windows 10. After working fine it suddenly showed a picture and asked for a password which it rejected. I reset the password and that was rejected. I tried the Microsoft help but it was useless. I'm an old lady who
    is not computer-savvy but needs it for work. I'm using my daughter's laptop to seek help.

Anna Safran, Aug 8, 2015
  4. leithanne Win User

I had that issue. Do you see, at the bottom of the page, "Not 'Your Name'?"? I clicked on my "Not ?" and it took me right into the other Admin's account. Of course, that assumes you have more than one account on the pc.

leithanne, Aug 8, 2015
  5. Haw1936 Win User
    Yes, I discovered that. My what a relief. Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it.

Haw1936, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Installation asks for but rejects password - Similar Threads - Installation asks rejects

2. Clean install of windows asks for password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean install of windows asks for password: I have just done a clean reinstall of Windows 10 on 2 different computers Full local install and clean the drives. One works as expected, but the other Has a user logon screen Username "X" I have never used that UN and is looking for a password which isn't Password, password,...
  3. Clean install of windows asks for password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean install of windows asks for password: I have just done a clean reinstall of Windows 10 on 2 different computers Full local install and clean the drives. One works as expected, but the other Has a user logon screen Username "X" I have never used that UN and is looking for a password which isn't Password, password,...
  4. Clean install of windows asks for password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Password rejected in startup troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Password rejected in startup troubleshooter: After a stupid software I installed to change my icons,I ended in a boot loop. I went in startup troubleshooter but every option needs account verification. I use my Microsoft account with pin to look into windows. I enter my mail account password but it says it is incorrect....
  6. Locked out of Win 10 by password reject

Locked out of Win 10 by password reject: I did not change my password. I tried to go to safe mode to fix a problem. Now it won't accept my password and I am locked out because I cannot get into safe mode and it won't let me go back to regular mode. What might cause this, and what can I do about it so I can get...
  7. Windows 10 rejecting password every time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 rejecting password every time: I am currently locked out of my own computer. It happened after I rebooted my computer after uninstalling SpyHunter 5 which was completely insistent that I reboot after uninstalling. I'm not even sure how that could be the cause of all this. I'm now stuck on the login...
  8. Live Mail Password Rejection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Live Mail Password Rejection: My wife and I have separate email accounts with talktalk accessed via Live Mail. My account throws up 0x800CCC90 but hers continues to work perfectly. No settings have been changed. What's happening? I am using POP3 but when I try to change to IMAP although the POP3...
  9. All Settings everywhere, now asks for my password. It will reject it every time.

in Windows 10 Customization
    All Settings everywhere, now asks for my password. It will reject it every time.: Somehow in trying to get Windows to work like I'd like, fat chance, I've got it so every thing that I want to do requires my password, and it says it's wrong. I can't boot into safe mode without this password. I can't even Reset 10 or Clean refresh 10 because of this...
  10. Windows 10 not asking for password

Windows 10 not asking for password: Hi, I have win 10 and did a "fresh startup." After some time the computer restarted and shows my usual background, date, etc., but it does not ask for my password to login into Windows. So I can't use Windows at all. Any clue? thanks, Gabe....