Windows 10: WIndows 10 installation did not remove Windows 7

Discus and support WIndows 10 installation did not remove Windows 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have downloaded Windows 10 onto a laptop that had Windows 7. When it finished the computer was shut down then started. Windows 7 comes up and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KevinSutton2, Jun 2, 2020.

1. WIndows 10 installation did not remove Windows 7

I have downloaded Windows 10 onto a laptop that had Windows 7. When it finished the computer was shut down then started. Windows 7 comes up and Windows 10 is no where to be found. Any suggestions?

:)

KevinSutton2, Jun 2, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Jun 2, 2020
  4. WIndows 10 installation did not remove Windows 7

Windows 10 installing progs

You did an upgrade.

eidairaman1, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

WIndows 10 installation did not remove Windows 7

1. WIndows 10 installation did not remove Windows 7 - Similar Threads - installation did remove

2. Where did Windows 7 go?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where did Windows 7 go?: Hello! I went to download Windows 7, but the download webpage is not there, im just redirected to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/products/windows-7 What happened to Windows 7? and can I still download it? I know that the support ended a while ago, but it was still...
  3. Where did Windows 7 go?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where did Windows 7 go?: Hello! I went to download Windows 7, but the download webpage is not there, im just redirected to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/products/windows-7 What happened to Windows 7? and can I still download it? I know that the support ended a while ago, but it was still...
  4. Remove Windows 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Windows 7: When I purchased my HP Pavilion PC it came with Windows 7 pre installed. When I had the opportunity to install Windows 10 I downloaded the free version. Since then I appear to have dual operating systems with two desktops and I can use either of them. I would now like to...
  5. Windows 10 did not install on my computer with Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 did not install on my computer with Windows 7: I purchased Windows 10 from the online store to upgrade my computer from Windows 7. I tried to install, and I received a notation "First Boot Failed. Service Registration is missing or corrupt". what does this mean? I tried to install again, and that also failed. I...
  6. windows 7 install with 10

windows 7 install with 10: Hello , If I want to install Windows 7 with Windows 10 at the same time, which option do I click in the image upgrade or custom ?? https://i.imgur.com/qLDDBuK.png...
  7. Install windows 7 + 10

Install windows 7 + 10: Can i install windows 7 with windows 10 installed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-windows-7-10/bd2d22de-a541-4f48-985d-e6ec0a5c2a22
  8. INSTALLING WINDOWS 10 WITH WINDOWS 7?

INSTALLING WINDOWS 10 WITH WINDOWS 7?: Hello Everyone, when i try to install the windows 10 ISO file on my windows7 pc at the very end when the updates install, it gets stuck on 21%. how can i fix this, there is plenty of space, hardware is disconnected, turn off antivirus, no errors in device manager. what...
  9. installing windows 7 on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    installing windows 7 on windows 10: how to boot windows 7 boot media on windows 10 installed computer i am so troubled because like windows 7 but i cant install it on my pc please give me some trick to install windows 7 on windows 10...
  10. How to remove Windows 10 from new computer and install Windows 7

How to remove Windows 10 from new computer and install Windows 7: I'm one of those who has hated Windows 10 from the word 'go', but when I bought a new computer with Windows 10 pre-installed I thought I could simply take it out and instal Windows 7. Not so! I hadn't realised that because Microsoft wants to force us all to use Windows 10...