Windows 10: Windows 10 installation disk not being read by disk drive.

Discus and support Windows 10 installation disk not being read by disk drive. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Im trying to install windows 10 onto my pc which doesnt have an opperating system at the moment. I have a windows 10 disk that i’ve been trying to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TysonKindell, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Windows 10 installation disk not being read by disk drive.

Im trying to install windows 10 onto my pc which doesnt have an opperating system at the moment. I have a windows 10 disk that i’ve been trying to use to install windows 10 onto it. Whenever I put the disk into the drive, it doesn’t recognize the disk. I can boot the pc using the disk drive, and I know it works on other devices. What should I do?

:)

TysonKindell, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Roan T Win User

Malfunction of 3.5" disk drive in Windows 10.

Hi,

To assist on your disk drive issue, please clarify the following:

• Did you get an error message when the disk drive refused to read the inserted disk?

• Have you tried updating the disk drive's driver?

• What
      other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Roan T, Jun 30, 2020
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Windows 10 installation disk not being read by disk drive.

Disk bloat in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Is it my imagination, or does the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update consume an additional 20-30GB of disk space over the previous Creators Update release? Unfortunately, I didn't log my disk usage before the upgrade, but now my C: drive has 56GB of stuff, and I know it wasn't anywhere near that full before. I've run "Disk Cleanup -> Clean up system files" and selected everything on the list, including remove previous version of Windows. I also emptied my Recycle Bin, my Temp folder, \Windows\Temp folder, and \Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. Finally, I ran Wise Disk Cleaner to delete assorted application garbage.

Has anyone else noticed the bloat in Fall Creators Update?

Static~Charge, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 installation disk not being read by disk drive.

1. Windows 10 installation disk not being read by disk drive. - Similar Threads - installation disk being

2. Disk Drive Will Only Read Certain Disks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Drive Will Only Read Certain Disks: My Bd-Rom, which in Device Manager is a Optiarc BD-Rom BC-5500S ATA Device, It is Built in to my computer will only read Certain disks, I am trying to install a video game The Sims 2 Deluxe but it will only read my expansion pack disks, not the base game, and I have tried to...
  3. Disk Drive Will Only Read Certain Disks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Drive Will Only Read Certain Disks: My Bd-Rom, which in Device Manager is a Optiarc BD-Rom BC-5500S ATA Device, It is Built in to my computer will only read Certain disks, I am trying to install a video game The Sims 2 Deluxe but it will only read my expansion pack disks, not the base game, and I have tried to...
  4. "Windows cannot read the disk in drive D:"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Windows cannot read the disk in drive D:": I noticed sometime during the past two weeks, Windows no longer reads blank disks. Regular DVDs are read just fine, but blank ones result in the titular error message. I've replaced the SATA cable, uninstalled the drive, restarted services, etc. Driver is fine, device isn...
  5. Windows (10) can't read disk in drive ...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows (10) can't read disk in drive ...: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/l2ofghk512p41.png?width=361&format=png&auto=webp&s=5f1143880e7d11fa0fb147ee26db698fb12e04b5 Has anyone else had this issue? I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the driver, ran all the latest updates, etc., but I can't get rid of this...
  6. Scan Disk Not Being Read

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scan Disk Not Being Read: My scan disk is not being recognized when I inset the card into my laptop. Do I need a driver downloaded for it to work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-disk-not-being-read/d4c263f7-c36b-49a0-a188-cb7b669ee48f
  7. Windows can't read the disk in drive D:\

Windows can't read the disk in drive D:\: I'm trying to copy a file to a CD-RW but cannot. When I drag the file to the disk in the D: drive, the file will not drop into the disk. The image shows the red circle with the line through it. I tried to copy and paste the file in the disk, but it does not paste. I...
  8. Windows can't read the disk in drive D:\

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows can't read the disk in drive D:\: I'm trying to copy a file to a CD-RW but cannot. When I drag the file to the disk in the D: drive, the file will not drop into the disk. The image shows the red circle with the line through it. I searched online and found that the IMAPI CD-Burning COM service may be...
  9. Floppy disk drive not reading disks

Floppy disk drive not reading disks: I have an external floppy disk drive that I have been using and it has stopped working with the message: "A: is not accessible. The disk media is not recognized. It may not be formatted."...
  10. USB Not being registered as a Disk Drive.

USB Not being registered as a Disk Drive.: Hello, I've been trying to get this to work for a while now, No luck. I recently tried to plug in my USB Device and it was not registering as a Disk Drive. Instead it registered as a Universal Serial Bus Device (Not a Universal Serial Bus Controller like I've seen in other...