Windows 10: Windows 10 installation ends with files corrupted and booting ok

Discus and support Windows 10 installation ends with files corrupted and booting ok in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Title, I'm scared to suffer imminent BSoD, why? once the installer finished, I ran sfc /scannow and DISM commands to see if there's file corruption and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BioCybergoth, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Windows 10 installation ends with files corrupted and booting ok

Title, I'm scared to suffer imminent BSoD, why? once the installer finished, I ran sfc /scannow and DISM commands to see if there's file corruption and there's corruption that cannot be fixed, this is happening with the official windows 10 1909 iso file and making me lose my sanity, I tried to see if the sha1 matches the website file but I can't see where is the sha1 on the microsoft website and I'm stuck with a corrupted ISO that manages to install successfully that simply baffles me how the booting is ok and quick while both SFC and DISM report corrupt system files that are unable to be fixed.

I'm genuinely clueless and quite scared of the BSoD messing up files that are unique and way too many with sizes over 5 GB to be backed up.

submitted by /u/BioCybergoth
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BioCybergoth, Feb 11, 2020

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 11, 2020
  4. Jborg Win User

Windows 10 installation ends with files corrupted and booting ok

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization, Tips and Tricks for your Windows PC

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 installation ends with files corrupted and booting ok

1. Windows 10 installation ends with files corrupted and booting ok - Similar Threads - installation ends files

2. Corrupt uefi windows 10 installation boot screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt uefi windows 10 installation boot screen.: I have a really strange problem. When I boot into a windows 10 installation my screen looks like the photos below. I tried almost everything that I could find on the internet. The interesting thing is that when it loads the installation is on low resolution a.k.a looks like...
  3. Corrupt uefi windows 10 installation boot screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupt uefi windows 10 installation boot screen.: I have a really strange problem. When I boot into a windows 10 installation my screen looks like the photos below. I tried almost everything that I could find on the internet. The interesting thing is that when it loads the installation is on low resolution a.k.a looks like...
  4. Corrupt uefi windows 10 installation boot screen.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Won't Boot - System files corrupted?

Windows 10 Won't Boot - System files corrupted?: Hello, Windows 10 will not boot on my PC at all. Apparently my system files are corrupted/deleted, since just before it stopped working, a pop-up stated that a diagnostics file was not able to function on Windows, and then the entire computer started to display erratic...
  6. Everything is ok but windows 10 says disk structure is corrupted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Everything is ok but windows 10 says disk structure is corrupted: Hey I have a 3TB WD External Hard drive and worked perfectly till one time windows said there is a problem with this drive and fix it with windows options. I tried and after that my entire partition is inaccessible. I read some of topics in this forum and used testdisk...
  7. Everything is ok but windows 10 says "the disk structure is corrupte

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Everything is ok but windows 10 says "the disk structure is corrupte: Hey I have a 3TB WD External Hard drive and worked perfectly till one time windows said there is a problem with this drive and fix it with windows options. I tried and after that my entire partition is inaccessible. I read some of topics in this forum and used testdisk...
  8. Can't install font, it claims corrupted in windows 10 but ok in mac

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install font, it claims corrupted in windows 10 but ok in mac: I've got Indesign packaged files with their fonts from a client. As I usualy use Mac I double clucked on helvetica font file to start instalation. Option that came up was 'open with' so I chose Illustrator and Indesign as I was planing to use it there. So now the font files...
  9. Clean Windows 10 install due to corrupt file system/no boot

Clean Windows 10 install due to corrupt file system/no boot: Grettings All, I'm currently working on a laptop for a friend that has Windows 10 and is in a non bootable state with missing files, directories, reset options and is stuck in the "Unable to Fix" state. I'm pretty sure the issue is related to BCD and boot options but all...
  10. Corrupt file error when booting windows 10 dvd.

Corrupt file error when booting windows 10 dvd.: While using ubuntu 17.04 I downloaded and burned the windows 10 iso 3 times with three different iso's and dvd's and get a corrupt file error when the installation reaches finishing up. Using brasero to burn dvd. What could be the problem. Henry 81504