Windows 10: Windows 10 installation error. Installing windows 10 from windows 7

Discus and support Windows 10 installation error. Installing windows 10 from windows 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was installing windows 10 on my windows 7 because windows 7 is not supported anymore and then when it was verifying the download it gave me an error.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Amaze_TRG, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Amaze_TRG Win User

Windows 10 installation error. Installing windows 10 from windows 7

I was installing windows 10 on my windows 7 because windows 7 is not supported anymore and then when it was verifying the download it gave me an error. How do I fix it?

:)

Amaze_TRG, Jun 19, 2021

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jun 19, 2021
  3. Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Jun 19, 2021
  4. Windows 10 installation error. Installing windows 10 from windows 7

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Hi guys,
    Okay, so I wanted to know, I currently have a pc at home with a paid Windows 7 installed. I am getting a new computer either Friday or Monday with an SSD. Seeing as I want Windows 10 now and not 7 and I want it on my SSD how to I get to do this. I already downloaded a Windows 10 file in order to make one of my flash drives eligible for a windows 10 installation.

Will it be possible for me to just install windows 10 on the new SSD with this flash drive using my Windows 7 key, whilst my original windows 7 is still installed on the old Hard drive. And if it is how to I go about deleting my old OS from the HDD, seeing as I also want to use that HDD in my new pc, without formatting all the games I have on it currently?

Thank you in advance

MichaelDFF, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 installation error. Installing windows 10 from windows 7

1. Windows 10 installation error. Installing windows 10 from windows 7 - Similar Threads - installation error Installing

2. WINDOWS 7 installation from WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 7 installation from WINDOWS 10: Hello, okay so, I wish to install Windows 7 in my Windows 10 laptop, but here is the thing: I had the ISO files before, but the laptop I currently have is ONLY included with that version of Windows. I tried installing it normally and dual booting but nothing worked. It tells...
  3. WINDOWS 7 installation from WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS 7 installation from WINDOWS 10: Hello, okay so, I wish to install Windows 7 in my Windows 10 laptop, but here is the thing: I had the ISO files before, but the laptop I currently have is ONLY included with that version of Windows. I tried installing it normally and dual booting but nothing worked. It tells...
  4. WINDOWS 7 installation from WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Instalation from windows 7 Error.

Windows 10 Instalation from windows 7 Error.: So recently with the influx of applications requiring windows 10 to atleast function has pushed me to attempt to update to windows 10 however currently faced with "windows 10 installation has failed" currently feel pretty lost on what to do. Setup diag logs: Matching Profile...
  6. Windows 10 Instalation from windows 7 Error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Instalation from windows 7 Error.: So recently with the influx of applications requiring windows 10 to atleast function has pushed me to attempt to update to windows 10 however currently faced with "windows 10 installation has failed" currently feel pretty lost on what to do. Setup diag logs: Matching Profile...
  7. Windows 10 Instalation from windows 7 Error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Couldn't Install Windows 10 from Windows 7 - Error

Couldn't Install Windows 10 from Windows 7 - Error: While trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 I received an error message 0x800706BA - x20003 The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during INSTALL_UPDATES operation...
  9. Windows 10 installation upgrading from 7 Pro error

Windows 10 installation upgrading from 7 Pro error: Windows 10 Couldn’t be installed Errors 0x8007042B 0x2000D The installation failed in SAFE_OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation...
  10. Installing Windows 10 from Windows 7

Installing Windows 10 from Windows 7: I installed windows 10 and then went back to 7... how to go back to 10 ***Original title: I installed windows 10 and then went back to 7... how to go back to 10***...