Windows 10: Windows 10 installation. Error: Windows Cannot Be Installed to This Disk. This Computer's...

Discus and support Windows 10 installation. Error: Windows Cannot Be Installed to This Disk. This Computer's... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey, I am trying to install windows 10 from usb stick to ASUS E402A laptop (that is using emmc memory). I have 3 different usb sticks, one is official... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by aaromäkinen, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Windows 10 installation. Error: Windows Cannot Be Installed to This Disk. This Computer's...

Hey,
    I am trying to install windows 10 from usb stick to ASUS E402A laptop (that is using emmc memory).

I have 3 different usb sticks, one is official windows, one is kingston datatraveller ,and one is some random usb 2.x stick. Windows iso file i generated from windows media creation tool and using rufus mounted it on sticks. both non-windows official sticks has also been done by that windows media creation tool with same results

I have tried of course first using without legacy bios so using UEFI (GPT partition, FAT-32 and non CSM also tried with and without safe boot and w/wo fast boot). Windows own stick isn't recognized at all (have tried both usb slots), kingston stick is recognized by UEFI but can't be booted to (have tried holding esc and selecting explicitly "UEFI:Kingston bla bla bla") and the last stick is going so far and freezing the bios or freezing the computer in asus logo.

Also in UEFI mode just for the sake of testing, MBR and NFST types are tested (should not work I know)

Then in legacy mode/BIOS (CSM enabled and w/wo safe boot, w/wo fast boot) using now again MBR and NFST all sticks boot to windows installation media but then windows can't be installed to the drive. Except the odd stick that keeps on freezing the computer(usb stick works otherwise tho)

I have tried diskpart and clean and converting to MBR and to GPT and making it primary partition, still the error message remains: "Windows Cannot Be Installed to This Disk. This Computer's Hardware May not Support Booting to This Disk."

Apparentely the laptop uses 32 bit since when trying to install the 64 bit windows it will immidiately crash "memory_management"

I checked the latest bios in asus website and it turns out I have the latest one. Also it should not be any other bios setting (there are not a lot) since I have also tried restoring defaults

Also windows media creation tool to create bootable usb-stick was tested with the same results.

Memory diagnostic is done and there should be no hardware issues since the laptop was fine just before i tried to install windows again on it.

Is there any more suggestions what to do from now?

***Title modified from: Installing windows from USB***

:)

aaromäkinen, Nov 14, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Nov 14, 2018
  4. DarkEgo Win User

Windows 10 installation. Error: Windows Cannot Be Installed to This Disk. This Computer's...

Error when installing Win7

when Installing Windows 7 I get an error saying ""A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now. Note: If the windows installation media is in the CD/DVD drive, you can safely remove it for this step." What should I do to get Windows to install?

DarkEgo, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 installation. Error: Windows Cannot Be Installed to This Disk. This Computer's...

1. Windows 10 installation. Error: Windows Cannot Be Installed to This Disk. This Computer's... - Similar Threads - installation Error Cannot

2. Windows cannot be installed on this disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows cannot be installed on this disk: I created a bootable usb because I cannot access my PC it wont boot up. But the USB only works in a UEFI mode, my disk is using a MBR partition table, but my usb does not want to boot in legacy mode, instead it boots up to something and then switches to either my HDD or UEFI...
  3. Windows Cannot Be Installed To This Disk.

Windows Cannot Be Installed To This Disk.: Im Wanting To Install Windows Vista To My SSD ( With Windows 10 Version 20H2 ) On My Lenovo Ideapad3. When I Try To Install It, It Says This: [img] Any Help? 169922
  4. windows cannot be installed to this disk. windows must be installed to a partition...

windows cannot be installed to this disk. windows must be installed to a partition...: I have a Dell laptop that came with Windows 10 pre-installed. I was tryinng to install Ubuntu on it and while doing so, my hard disk got formatted and Ubuntu also could not get installed. Now I am unable to start my laptop. I keep getting a black screen with a cursor...
  5. windows 10 cannot install to this GPT PARTITION DISK

windows 10 cannot install to this GPT PARTITION DISK: WINDOWS 10 cannot install to GPT partition style disk. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cannot-install-to-this-gpt-partition/3e7db08c-e8fa-4435-a422-83948e1d86a0
  6. Windows cannot be installed to this disk.

Windows cannot be installed to this disk.: Hi, I'm having problems installing windows 10, on my new mobo. This is my motherboard: ASUS M5A78L-M LX3 Troubleshooting history: 1) Booting from USB. Got the usual "A Media Driver Your Computer Needs Is Missing"-error, fixed that easily by hitting Cancel, and...
  7. Windows cannot be installed to this disk the selected disk

Windows cannot be installed to this disk the selected disk: Hello my friends, I keep getting an error when I install Windows 7. I want to install Windows 7 alongside Windows 10. windows cannot be installed to this disk the selected disk is of the gpt partition style I read solutions to this and most of them write I must format...
  8. Windows cannot be installed on this disk... Ensure disk's controller..

Windows cannot be installed on this disk... Ensure disk's controller..: My OS had too many issues since I upgraded fromWin 7, installing Win 10 on top. So I decided to Clean the disk, format it and make a fresh installation. Before installing I turned the PC off and disconnected the other disks (please refer to my system, a bit oldish and home...
  9. Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk is yadayad

Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk is yadayad: So basically I'm trying to boot an ISO to windows 10 home and I used Rufus for it. Idk if I used for wrong settings but it says: the selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI systems, windows can only be installed to GPT disks. 29800
  10. Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The disk may fail

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The disk may fail: So I bought a new WD Black 6TB disk and I decided to reinstall my windows 10 (using a recovery disk) on the new hard drive. However, I tried to do it and the title error came up. I have tried many fixed including formatting the drive, using diskpart e.t.c. I need urgent help....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 install error ooberegion format hard drive