Windows 10: Windows 10 Installation Error: "Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration....

Discus and support Windows 10 Installation Error: "Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration.... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer is Dell E5550. I bought it in 2015. It came with Windows 7. In 2016 I downloaded Windows 10 and successfully upgraded the operating system.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by liangyuan100, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Installation Error: "Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration....

My computer is Dell E5550. I bought it in 2015. It came with Windows 7. In 2016 I downloaded Windows 10 and successfully upgraded the operating system.

The new system often ran into problems after updates. I have got a lot of blue screens. Several weeks ago, the problem became more serious. The computer couldn't start. It forced me to reset. After resetting, Windows 10 had another issue. It would not automatically find wifi. I had to execute two commands every time after I started it and then restart it to get connected to wifi.

Today I successfully started Windows 10 but got no wifi. Then I executed two commands as always. When I restarted my computer, it failed.

Then I tried to reset. It failed.

Then I used the Windows 10 installation USB drive to reinstall. At first, I got a few errors and failed. Then after I restarted my computer, it asked if I wanted to check the hard disk. I let it check. But after that when it restarted, I got an error message

"Recovery

There was a problem with a device connected to your PC

An unexpected I/O error occurred.

File:\boot\BCD

Error code:0xc0000e9

The problem can happen when a removable storage device is removed while it's in use or is failing. Properly connect a removable storage and restarting your PC may fix this problem."

I did nothing to fix it and continued to reinstall Windows 10. I made no mistakes this time and the re-installation went to the last step "getting finished". Then I got a new error message "Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot proceed" .

Please what should I do to fix it?

Thanks!

:)

liangyuan100, Nov 28, 2018
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Installation Error: "Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration....

Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Installation Error: "Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration....

1. Windows 10 Installation Error: "Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration.... - Similar Threads - Installation Error update

2. Windows [11] could not update the computer's boot configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows [11] could not update the computer's boot configuration: I can't reinstall Windows 11 due to this error.All the "fixes" online disable Secure Boot/UEFI, which prevents Windows 11 from installing due to the system requirements not being met....
  3. Windows [11] could not update the computer's boot configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows [11] could not update the computer's boot configuration: I can't reinstall Windows 11 due to this error.All the "fixes" online disable Secure Boot/UEFI, which prevents Windows 11 from installing due to the system requirements not being met....
  4. Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration: A week ago I reset my PC using the option in the Settings app and when it finished my Windows wasn't booting. I created a installation media using the media creation tool but at the end of the installation, a message appears saying "Windows could not update the computer's...
  5. Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration

Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration: A week ago I reset my PC using the option in the Settings app and when it finished my Windows wasn't booting. I created a installation media using the media creation tool but at the end of the installation, a message appears saying "Windows could not update the computer's...
  6. Windows could not update boot configuration, install Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows could not update boot configuration, install Problem: I'm trying to install windows 10 21H1 already tried using an older version but I had the same problem 1903 on my SSD on my HP 15-bw053od notebook, that already had Win 10 20H1 beforehand because I installed it on it, but now it does not seem to work, it comes up with the...
  7. Windows could not update boot configuration, install Problem

Windows could not update boot configuration, install Problem: I'm trying to install windows 10 21H1 already tried using an older version but I had the same problem 1903 on my SSD on my HP 15-bw053od notebook, that already had Win 10 20H1 beforehand because I installed it on it, but now it does not seem to work, it comes up with the...
  8. Windows could not update boot configuration, install Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot be proceed

Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot be proceed: Hello guys I really need yiur help with this. I have tried all the tricks including tge commands like oobe but I always end up with msoobe is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file Further detail, I doubt that I have a problem...
  10. Windows 10 installation could not update the computer's boot configuration.

Windows 10 installation could not update the computer's boot configuration.: I was trying to install a clean windows 10 install and that erron popped up. I've tried a lot of fixes but they didn't work. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-installation-could-not-update-the/f83c1637-58c4-425b-a01f-ef923e713261

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows could not update teh computers boot configuration

2. win 10 installwindows could not update the computors boot configuration

3. windows could not update the computer´s boot configuration

4. windowscould not update the computers,
  5. error windows couldnt update the computers boot configuration,
  6. widows could not update the computers boot configuration,
  7. windows could not update the computers boot configuration windows 10,
  8. windows 10 install error windows could not update the computer boot configuration