Windows 10: Windows 10 installation failure - explorer.exe application error

Discus and support Windows 10 installation failure - explorer.exe application error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So after a few hours of windows reinstalling, it was time to pick a language, keyboard language aswell as my timezone, which I did however I got this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by johnnylovesass, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Windows 10 installation failure - explorer.exe application error

So after a few hours of windows reinstalling, it was time to pick a language, keyboard language aswell as my timezone, which I did however I got this “explor.exe application error” which automatically closed itself after around 2 seconds and which then my pc restarted, after that, I was then prompted with the same language setup page, which I selected, got a “Why did my PC restart?” page and kept going into this endless cicle. The explorer.exe application error that I am going to attach roughly translates into the following: “explorer.exe - Application Error The instruction in 0x00000000096A9110 makes reference to the memory in 0x00000000096A9110. The memory could not be written. Press OK to terminate the program.” The other “Why did my PC restart?” translate into the following (keep in my mind im using a wifi usb adapter since my computer for some reason didn’t have a wifi card when I bought it): “There is a problem that is stopping us from getting your PC ready to use, but we think that an update will help to make everything work, Get the update through the following methods: 1. Make sure your pc is connected to its power. 2. If this pc uses wi-fi, click Next to follow the instructions regarding the connection to a wifi network. 3. If this pc doesnt use wi-fi, insert an ethernet cable to connect to a network and press Next. 4. After you’re connected press Next and the update will be installed.” Things to keep in mind: 1. I cannot connect my pc through ethernet since I dont have any ethernet cables available to connect to my pc. 2. No matter what language I choose in the panel, I keep getting the same error. 3. I have both an AMD processor and graphics card (sorry if I dont remember the models) and my pc is an HP Pavillion 4. I did backup my files before hand as I intended to reinstall windows and wipe out everything and later on transfer them back onto my hard drive. 5. I tried opening the same menu I used to reinstall windows using the same Shift key I had used and no menu prompts (most likely because I havent even fully installed windows I assume) So because the installation process literally gives me no options (besides the language settings) and the fact that the only similar questions I found online were of users that had their windows already installed and the given solutions were mostly to boot in safe mode or to use control panel (which I obviously cant) I decided to post here in hopes anyone could help me figure out a solution. Any help is highly appreciated so thank you in advance! Images (they arent in cronological order, the first one being the language selection page, the second being the why did my pc restart guide and the 2 second prompt error being the last): https://imgur.com/a/w5jsdQd

:)

johnnylovesass, Aug 15, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 15, 2018
  3. 0pTicaL Win User
    "Application Install install package failure!" while installing 13.9

Running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and MSI 6970 Lightning.

I was upgrading from 13.4 after I did a clean uninstall with AMD Catalyst Install Manager.

Doesn't say what installation failed in the install log. Everything in the log says Success but at the very bottom it says "Application Install: install package failure!" but doesn't say what failed to install.

I only install video drivers and no CCC.

The only thing I noticed is AMD Catalyst Install Manager is not listed in my programs list.

0pTicaL, Aug 15, 2018
  4. Windows 10 installation failure - explorer.exe application error

Explorer exe application error

Hi,

The error code regarding Explorer.exe application could be due to corrupted or missing system files on your computer. That said, you may need to run a tool to check for missing or corrupted system files. We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps
    that was provided by Deepika Gowda on October 9, 2015 through this
    link. Ending the Windows Explorer process and creating a new one are
    also given as troubleshooting regarding the issue.

Let us know if the troubleshooting methods helps.

Carlos Tin, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 installation failure - explorer.exe application error

1. Windows 10 installation failure - explorer.exe application error - Similar Threads - installation failure explorer

2. Can't install or download exe application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install or download exe application: like this error is showing after I made some changes in registry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-or-download-exe-application/fada6e4f-71e3-4b67-b010-34cd7e67b926
  3. Can't install or download exe application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install or download exe application: like this error is showing after I made some changes in registry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-or-download-exe-application/fada6e4f-71e3-4b67-b010-34cd7e67b926
  4. Application install .exe files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Application install .exe files: Stupid question.For years of using Windows now, every time I had to switch computers, either because I had to make a reset or because I purchased a new one, I always went online to look for my programs in order to download them again on the new system. Not only did I have to...
  5. Application install .exe files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application install .exe files: Stupid question.For years of using Windows now, every time I had to switch computers, either because I had to make a reset or because I purchased a new one, I always went online to look for my programs in order to download them again on the new system. Not only did I have to...
  6. Application install .exe files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Multiple Permissions Errors at an Windows 10 EXE Application

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Permissions Errors at an Windows 10 EXE Application: Hello everyone, I'm having some trouble with a Windows 10 Permissions Error and i really need some Windows Experts help, Situation I Have an application that is called SGT, it is a software for industry management the problem is that whenever i'm using a Regular User of...
  8. Multiple Permissions Errors at an Windows 10 EXE Application

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple Permissions Errors at an Windows 10 EXE Application: Hello everyone, I'm having some trouble with a Windows 10 Permissions Error and i really need some Windows Experts help, Situation I Have an application that is called SGT, it is a software for industry management the problem is that whenever i'm using a Regular User of...
  9. werfault exe application error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    werfault exe application error: this is a very annoying thing to get it just wont disappear ive disabled windows error reports ive tried a few things the instruction at 0x0000000075C58AA9 REFERENCED MEMORY AT 0x0000000075C58AA9,. THE REQUIRED DATA WAS NOT...
  10. winx86.exe - Application Error (0xc000007b)

in Windows 10 Support
    winx86.exe - Application Error (0xc000007b): so malwarebytes wanted to delete this, and now it keeps spamming me with this error "winx86.exe - Application Error The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application" I click OK and it keeps popping up with this 111313
Tags: